Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
the_Predator the_Predator is a male Bosnia the_Predator is offline
Allergic to stupid
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Zelda Informer
View Posts: 2,475
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
That's her way of making sure her tone comes over as soft, even when she's about to uppercut someone :>
in fact, they get uppercutted, but still feel loved, in the process <333



also, to expand on GDwarf's idea - the only good compromise is for people to be able to view their OWN deleted posts. Not otehrs' as well.
Andi's idea is perfect. Just make everyone able to see that the post has been deleted and why.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam250 View Post
**** the internet and just go straight for the big cheese- the universe. He [the_Predator] is, in fact, the sole reason other intelligent life refuses to contact us.
www.zeldainformer.com
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,959
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

I agree, andi. I believe in any case, there should always be communication between the mod who deleted the post and the member whose post was deleted; in some situations a post may abide by the rules, but posts can be deleted for other reasons due to unique circumstances. (Also, a mod could tick the wrong box xD)

If these situations arise, I think two mods or more need to come to an agreement; names such as Awkin and SacredSturgeon come to mind when I think of mods that took independant action and were cornered by groups of members rebelling, even if their decision was fine. Of course, when members retaliate, it often does each side more harm than good, so I feel it'd be helpful to have a couple of mods on the case.

EDIT - @ Asia's post below: I agree with you 100%.

If everyone can see the posts, it's like the nasty message has been covered in spoiler tags; mods simply saying "don't respond to this post, it's deleted!"

Posts are deleted for a reason, and it isn't to merely call the post unsatisfactory.

EDITEDIT - Pred: Ahh, I thought the same. I agree completely, then. :D
__________________
I'm watching you
Last Edited by Kitsuné; 08-27-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason:
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,205
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
Andi's idea is perfect. Just make everyone able to see that the post has been deleted and why.
Nope it isn;t.
It's very unwise.

reasons:

Quote:
My reasons for nOT having that is because deletion does more than "tidy up" a thread. If there are real offensive posts, language and imagery, then children on the boards should NOT be able to view them on command. It is the duty of moderators to keep the boards suitable for its main audience.

Also, deletion of posts usually curbs drama when you don't have access to the posts, seeing what the nasty things people hAD said after your last word on the topic, and continuing it all over again.

You need only see yOUR deleted posts, if at all, and the reason.
__________________
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
the_Predator the_Predator is a male Bosnia the_Predator is offline
Allergic to stupid
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Zelda Informer
View Posts: 2,475
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Asia - People wouldn't be able to see the actual post. Just that it was deleted and why. Or if you don't want that, implement a system PMing the owner of the post that his post was deleted with a reason. Bottom line is - deleting posts without a notice must stop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam250 View Post
**** the internet and just go straight for the big cheese- the universe. He [the_Predator] is, in fact, the sole reason other intelligent life refuses to contact us.
www.zeldainformer.com
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,205
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

ah - sorry, I thought you meant what andi was saying earlier - that people should be able to "view" ALL deleted posts - or at least, have the option of doing that. Which is what I was disagreeing to.

if not - yAY!
we have a fantastic new system!
hopefully!
__________________
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Tiroth United Kingdom Tiroth is offline
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth
Steam ID: Tiroth 3DS ID: 3480-3281-7807

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Elsewhere.
View Posts: 10,415
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

I would suggest waiting for the webmasters to show up before you celebrate - they're the ones who'll have to set it up.
__________________

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,959
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Tiwoth loves to stamp on our village, doesn't he? :<
__________________
I'm watching you
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,205
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

that's why I said hopefully :>

EDIT - *lAUghs @ Raunm post* xDDDD
__________________
Last Edited by Anime_Queen; 08-27-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason:
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Rew Rew is a male United States Rew is offline
• • • • •
Send a message via AIM to Rew
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C. (USA)
View Posts: 14,292
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
That's her way of making sure her tone comes over as soft, even when she's about to uppercut someone :>
in fact, they get uppercutted, but still feel loved, in the process <333
Heh, and here I was thinking that the :3 was actually sarcastic (when used in her famous uppercut-style ).

Also, I'm going to go ahead and second the suggestions that a lot of people are saying about being able to see that posts have been deleted (but not the content--except maybe your own deleted posts) and that reasons for the deletion should be put on the deleted thread mark, as well as the mod who deleted it.

And I do like the idea of an automated message that shows up in your inbox telling you why the post but do find it rather unnecessary if it turns out to be difficult to implement--the above (shows where deleted post is, reason, and mod who deleted it) should suffice. That way the user can contact the mod directly to inquire further into the deletion.

EDIT!
Also, it will remove that very stupid line of reasoning that so many members have that mods are trying to "cover up" or destroy evidence or something conspiracy theory related or whatsit.
__________________

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,959
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Rew, we were talking about lines beneath the post explaining the deletion, rather like edit messages. We can do it when we delete our own posts, so I'd think that it wouldn't be terribly difficult for mods to have the same thing for our posts? (if they don't already)

Look at the below post. As Site Staff, you can see it, yes? (Although I can't)
__________________
I'm watching you
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Rew Rew is a male United States Rew is offline
• • • • •
Send a message via AIM to Rew
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C. (USA)
View Posts: 14,292
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuné View Post
Rew, we were talking about lines beneath the post explaining the deletion, rather like edit messages. We can do it when we delete our own posts, so I'd think that it wouldn't be terribly difficult for mods to have the same thing for our posts? (if they don't already)

Look at the below post. As Site Staff, you can see it, yes? (Although I can't)
Yeah, that's actually what I was talking about.

(Also, I can only see the lines where posts have been deleted in the clan section for some reason, nowhere else. )
__________________

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Saboo Australia Saboo is offline
Noble Keybearer


Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: c/20,000Lea
View Posts: 23,933
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

So what's the consensus on making post deletion notifications visible? I like the idea and hope it gets implemented, so that complaint threads like this are less likely to pop up.
__________________
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Gianlorenzo Gianlorenzo is offline
(Jehanne)

Join Date: Jan 2007
View Posts: 17,491
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Predator View Post
I posted the following image in my reply:

On the specific issue of image-posts, you already know that I consider it spam. (And as we discussed earlier, we differ in opinion on that.) If a rule is created so that it is not permitted, would you stop posting them?
__________________


  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Tiroth United Kingdom Tiroth is offline
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth
Steam ID: Tiroth 3DS ID: 3480-3281-7807

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Elsewhere.
View Posts: 10,415
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

The rule is already there. He just happens to disagree with it.
__________________

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Aeffles United States Aeffles is offline
waffle waffle
Send a message via AIM to Aeffles Send a message via Skype™ to Aeffles

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Farore
View Posts: 16,940
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Wouldn't posting something along the lines of "there is nothing left to say about this thread" be contradicting the fact that there is nothing else to say about it?

If you don't like a thread, just stay out of it, simple as that.

If you hate a certain store, do you go in just to say "this store sucks!" or "this store fails!" Like, just leave it be and a mod will catch it.

This is why we need members to report things, like Twilight Wolf does. Check my visitor messages for a reference. He's maybe reported 40 or so threads to me. Of course it's usually after he does what you do and just goes off on a "this thread is stupid" post, then reports it. But it's still progress.
__________________


Julesface <3
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Redonkulous Homunculus United States Redonkulous Homunculus is offline
Link is hanging from my pamp qwitch!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: right here.
View Posts: 13,410
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Thread=tl:dr

BUT
No one is MAKING you click on a thread and read it. if you think a thread has derailed to the point of uselessness, STOP READING/POSTING IN IT!

otherwise you're just being a hypocrite for continuing to post in a "failed" thread.
__________________
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8516&dateline=1360969  553
"Always make graphs. You'll never accomplish anything in life without graphs." -SacredSturgeon
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Aeffles United States Aeffles is offline
waffle waffle
Send a message via AIM to Aeffles Send a message via Skype™ to Aeffles

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Farore
View Posts: 16,940
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

A.K.A. my last post ;D
__________________


Julesface <3
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Archon United States Archon is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,850
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

I was simply trying to concentrate all of the spammers in one thread so I don't have to hear from them again. the_Predator seems to have made a second one except this one has more complaints/spam about spam.
__________________

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Wolf Girl Wolf Girl is a female United States Wolf Girl is offline
You don't know how I feel. It's like being cut up, little by little
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a dark cave
View Posts: 292
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

im not gonna get involved in this situation,i really dont care,we have good moderators,like dr.fish and aeffles and other people who are moderators.
i disagree with the topic.!this site already has good moderation
__________________

Don't turn away
Don't give in to the pain,
Don't try to hide,
Though they're screaming your name,
Don't close your eyes,
Only God knows what lies behind us


  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Google Says Google Says is a male Belgium Google Says is offline
I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house.
Wii U ID: Googsays
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgium
View Posts: 2,661
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

This still here! WTF? This thread failed!
__________________
Last Edited by Google Says; 08-27-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: WTF? I'm just saying my opinion about the thread and i am threatened with an infraction?!
Closed Thread

Tags
change, moderation, serious, site, [Feedback]


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -