Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Nexus to the Stars
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Xenon Send a message via AIM to Lord Xenon Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Xenon Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Xenon
View Posts: 838
Exclamation WTF a new webmaster

Okay not to be mean or anything now this is ridiculous already theres a new Webmaster whos been here for only 17 days with no posts so how could guy have been made a Webmaster without at least any posts some of us have been here for many years, and have better exprience and many more posts and have been more loyal to this place how could somebody who hasn't even been here for a month or with no posts have surpassed us that would count as an unfair judgement I'm sure you choose a good reason but I want to hear why exactly you would make someone who hasn't even shown he isn't a newbie if hes a webmaster with no posts, and some of us have tried and tried to be invited to that position and he hasn't even tried to work for the position I want to hear what the he!! is going on here no offense SPDude but he should at least have a few posts before becoming a Webmaster! And no disrespect to the leaders here.

Signature and Avatar set made by me. Formerly Celestial Link and Heavenly Hero.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Sounding a mosaic
Send a message via AIM to Razekial
View Posts: 2,808
Re: WTF a new webmaster

It appears as though Lee has found someone to buy the forums. I can only imagine that he is the new owner, and it obviously doesn't make much sense for the owner to have little power over the forums as a regular member, correct?

And cool it dude. You can't just start up the flaming jets without first hearing both sides.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Forgive my sense of loss reality
Send a message via AIM to Auron Send a message via Skype™ to Auron
View Posts: 359

Geez, chill CL. Just cause theres a new webmaster (supposivly) doesnt mean you have to blow up like a nuclear silo getting nuked itself. In otherwords by analgy, Your over-reacting. So cool it and let the man (Lee) give his two sence to us
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Nexus to the Stars
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Xenon Send a message via AIM to Lord Xenon Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Xenon Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Xenon

Yeah I know and now I'm pi$$ed as he!!. Look I'm mad because Lee never even told the members he should have before trying to sell us and another reason I'm mad about this is because he doesn't know what this guy will do with the forums he might delete every member account, and start the forum all over again or he might even change it so I'm pi$$ed at him for not telling us.

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Sounding a mosaic
Send a message via AIM to Razekial
View Posts: 2,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link
Yeah I know and now I'm pi$$ed as he!!.
Don't be. You're pissed about something as small as this? Take a breather, man. Don't get so upset about this. I'd be willing to bet that it's the new owner is all, try and keep an open mind.

EDIT: So that's why you're pissed, huh? I guess you haven't seen the thread on the site Lee sold it on. It may come as a surprise without a heads up, but don't get mad about it. And I doubt he'll screw with the forums formula. It's worked for all this time and I don't see why they should change. What will he gain by starting over? A whole forum full of pissed off members, that's what, and he probably knows that.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Alexander
View Posts: 1,306

It's his site, he can do what he wants. He could give it to a monkey, a two year old, and a gingerbread man if he wanted too.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Nexus to the Stars

But the only problem is that the new leader might change the forums or anything cause they handed the forum over to him meaning we're at the mercy of his will if he wanted to he could completely change the forums which makes me mad that when selling a forum you also sell the members.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist
Steam ID: wolfennights

View Posts: 17,668

Post count and time here don't mean a thing. Lee trusts this guy, so we should too.

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link
But the only problem is that the new leader might change the forums or anything cause they handed the forum over to him meaning we're at the mercy of his will if he wanted to he could completely change the forums which makes me mad that when selling a forum you also sell the members.
It didn't happen the first time the site was sold, it won't happen this time. Try to tone down the paranoia.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 05:16 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

Ahem.

When Lee joined as Wbmaster, he had no posts.

Just because SPdude has a low post count does not make him less qualified to be a Webmaster.

If Lee did not choose to tell the forums about whether the site was to be sold, or who the new owner is, that is up to him.

Quote:
he doesn't know what this guy will do with the forums he might delete every member account, and start the forum all over again or he might even change it so I'm pi$$ed at him for not telling us.
Umm, you do know that Lee is not the original owner of the site?
The Member: Lars owned it first, then sold it to Lee.

Ranting like you did, Celestial Link, is hardly the greatest display of the 'maturity' and experience you seem to long for in a Webmaster.
Please try to have at least some dignity.

I think this little out-burst has served its purpose.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,474

I was pretty sure you saw this thread...

SPDude is the new owner. He will be the new Lee, the one paying the bills and hiding in the background. No need to worry, ZU will be run the same way.
Closed Thread

Tags
webmaster, wtf