Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Break the Unbreakable
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518

View Posts: 18,100
Round 1: [Lightweights] Zyler vs. Judo

OoC: Okay, round one of the tournament will be I)ragon and Palomino's characters battling. (Z did not give me the weight class info, so I'll edit that in later. EDIT: Shrub found it.) This fight will take place the same as all other fights: On the stone arena of the Dome. This arena doesn't transform, like most things, and creates a powerful barrier around the arena to protect the spectators. So, here are the rules:

Rules:

1) This fight will be 20 posts (10 posts each) and must be a complete fight so we can move on. What does this mean: POST POST POST! The faster you post, the faster other people can go, so the quicker you post, the less heckling you'll get from others.

2) There is NO POWER PLAYING during these fights. This is to limit post sizes to speed up posts. Posts shouldn't be an epic poem in length, so short posts are and should be the norm here.

3) Be sure to speak with your battle partner. You don't need to work out the whole fight, but work on the important parts of the fights, mostly the ending. Deciding who wins is up to you two, but remember that victory in-character involves moving on, so if it seems the two can't decide... we'll bring it to an unbiased source if it needs to get that bad. (Please don't let it get that bad.)

So... let the battle begin!
Last Edited by Altamira; 08-06-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568
Re: Round 1: [Lightweights] Zyler vs. Judo

OoC: Finally! I was afraid Zorolo had forgotten or something. Good that you're on the job, Alti. :3

BiC: It was finally Judo's turn after awaiting the end of the first heavyweight match. He wondered after his conversation with Zyler what kind of battle his opponent would give him. Hopefully it wouldn't be easy. As strong as he was, Judo still found it boring to just sweep aside opponents left and right. He even hoped Zyler would be tougher than Dante had been in the bazaar spar. After breathing in deeply, Judo majestically walked into the arena, glancing only to his left or right to view the audience.

It wasn't long before the veteran knight spotted his family in the stands either. His wife, Kelli waved to him happily from near the bottom of the bleachers on the left, with his daughter, Mayula, following. Judo's parents were seated right above them while his good friend and deputy commander, Conan, was beside them on their right. Judo simply winked at them and smiled. However, some of the same women who had watched him in the bazaar were seated not far away and called to him too.

"Uh oh..." Judo whispered to himself as he halted in the middle of the arena.

"Hey now! That's my husband, people!" Judo heard Kelli shout. Kelli then gave him a rather annoyed stare. Judo simply gulped.

"Hehe..."

As Judo awaited Zyler's appearance, he hoped his opponent had kept to his side of their agreement from earlier. They weren't to use their mounts and Judo truthfully left his horse, Duke, outside of the arena. And with that, the knight breathed in deeply once more, drew Arion, and gave it a twirl in his hand while his cape swayed in the wind behind him.

OoC: By the way, if anyone is wondering about this agreement Judo and Zyler made, it hasn't actually happened yet, but I)ragon and I both agreed earlier not to use Judo's horse or Zyler's dragon.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 08-06-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason:
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Web Head
View Posts: 7,617

Zyler strolled onto the arena like he owned the place. When he reached his starting position, he threw up his arms for the crowd, while throwing out a few winks for the really hot girls. The crowed loved it. He loved it. This was the kind of stuff he could do every day. Beating up people for others enjoyment, and enjoying it. Good stuff.

He gazed over at his opponent. The old night twirled his sword and stared back at him in anticipation for the battle to come. Zyler thought he aught not to keep everyone waiting, and start it off with a bang. He would then proceed to drag it out for a while, before delivering a crushing blow. Might even pretend to start losing for a bit. The crowed would go crazy over that stuff.

"You came to see a show, right!?" He hollered to the crowed. The crowed roared in agreement. "Ladies and gents, you came to the right place...! I never disappoint." Bringing his arms out, he brought them together with a loud clap that literally shook the arena with the deafening crash of thunder. A spectacular display of lighting instantly covered the fourth of the arena centered on the hylian knight. While it wasn't his most powerful lighting fork he'd ever discharged, it would still pack quite a punch, especially if the majority of the arcs made their make. The flash was more for show anyway, and did leave Zyler a little bit drained, but it was worth it. The crowed went wiled.
Last Edited by I)ragon; 08-23-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason:
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned User

"Well, he's sure confident," Judo muttered to himself as Zyler finally entered the arena, smiling and winking to beautiful women in the stands and shouting happily about giving the crowd a show. Suddenly, Zyler brought his arms out and clapped his hands together to cause a rumble of thunder that practically shook the entire arena. Judo only barely managed to keep his footing as a bolt of lightning came soaring in his direction.

"GAAAH!" he gasped, his eyes wide. His first notion was to jump out of the way, but then he thought of an alternate strategy. Judo knew certain metals conducted electricity, as he'd learned about such things during his travels over the years. If the lightning touched his armor, the results could be devastating. However, could Arion's blade redirect the lightning back to its creator? There was only one way to find out.

"Good Nayru, I hope this works," Judo said, gripping his sword in both hands to catch the lightning. The bolt landed safely on the blade, enveloped it in a lightning glow, and shot straight back into Zyler's path.

"Ha! I guess you forgot that silver is a very good conductor of electricity!" Judo exclaimed with a smile, finally recalling part of the material Arion was made of. Out of the corner of his eye, Judo spotted Kelli wearing a shocked expression in the stands while Mayula jumped up and down with excitement.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 08-23-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason:
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Web Head

Well, the sword conducted the bolt much more effectively then he thought it would have, but the knight was silly if he thought he'd be able to attack Zyler with his own element. The rouge bolt didn't make it very far before Zyler manipulated the arc and caused it to fork out in every direction, bend skyward and then back in on itself, striking true on it originally intended target. Of course, this is lighting we're talking about, so that all took place in a mere millisecond.

"Who's the man!!!" Zyler called out to his adoring fans, throwing up his arms triumphantly, for which they answered back with a resounding cheer. Of course, he figured Judo wasn't out of the game yet, and kept a close eye out for his next attack.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned User

"Yeah, figures his own magic attack wouldn't hurt him," Judo muttered to himself as Zyler regained control of the lightning bolt. Judo wanted to redirect it again, but if he just fired it anywhere, people in the stands could get hurt. Instead, not only did Judo take the attack, but he managed to throw his sword into the ground and send it through the earth. Luckily, his armor wasn't made of a metal that could conduct electricity, so it didn't do much to hurt him.

"Who's the man?!" Zyler gloated. Some of the crowd had cheered for him, but there was a lot of booing going on as well. However, although it was hard to tell who had more fans than who, Judo had a strong hunch he did due to the arena not being far from his own home. But what could he do? If he kept redirecting the lightning, Zyler would only send it right back and they'd be stuck in a circle. There was only one thing to do.

"Hey! Zyler! Is shooting little lightning bolts at me all you can do?!" Judo taunted. "Because if you thought my armor would conduct it like my sword does, you were dead wrong!"

Maybe now he'll do something else so we won't bore everyone, Judo continued in his mind.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Web Head

Fair enough. Time for some hand to hand. Judo looked to be on the slow side with his bulky armor, and Zyler could accelerate his body to an inhuman speed. The math was simple.

The dragon rider was practically a blur as he dashed forward. To the unaided eye, it must have looked as if Zyler had merely appeared on the other side of Judo and blasted him with another bolt to knock him down. A select few of the onlookers may have notice that Zyler had, in fact, kicked the knights leg out from under him with a slide tackle, then slid to his feet and grabbing the same leg, he whipped out the knife in the back of his belt, slashed it across the back of the hylians knee in the chink of his armor, kicked off his back, and fired another lighting arc into his opponents back before landing a few yards away in a crouched position and sheathing his knife once more.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned User

Judo bellowed at the feeling of his knee being slashed. However, a puny cut like that wasn't going to hold him back. Still, Zyler turned out to be extremely fast.

"What on earth?! This guy makes Dante look slow!" Judo muttered to himself as another bolt of lightning headed for his back side. "Oh boy." His armor may make him move slowly, but Judo had quick reflexes and caught the bolt in his sword just in time to send it to the ground again. But what was he going to do now? Whatever advantages Judo had, Zyler seemed to find some way around them. Oh how I wish Conan could give me some advice right now. How can I let myself be pushed around so easily? Judo thought to himself. Am I really going to be defeated for once and like this no less? How can this happen and in front of my family? I won't be my daughter's hero anymore... Judo grimaced at the thoughts whirling around in his head until a small voice snapped him out of it.

"Dad! Don't give up! You can do it!" Judo heard May shouting. "Zyler may be lightning fast, but you can take his weak attacks!"

Lightning fast! That's it! Judo realized. Zyler uses his electricity to move so quickly! If Judo could learn to predict the timing of his movements, he could get in the first attack. Right now, however, all he could do was rough him up a bit in his own ways of being quick. Judo winked at May and turned his attention to Zyler once more.

"Hey, lightning boy! Think I'm slow? Guess again!" With that, Judo instantly sprung forward a couple yards, drove Arion into the ground again, and tossed himself at a speed even Kelli would have trouble matching thanks to his strength. He allowed his feet to soar right into Zyler's gut. The impact was so powerful, Zyler collided with the wall at the end of the arena Judo had been facing. Judo himself wasted no time racing towards Zyler's limp form on the ground, plucking him by his wrists and ankles, and holding him over his head.

"I warn you, I'm strong enough to lift a fully grown cow," Judo bragged. "But why take my word for it when you can find out for yourself?!" With that, the knight began squeezing Zyler's wrist and ankle joints like oranges.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 08-27-2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason:
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Web Head

Zyler hopped backwards, matching the knights speed easily as he came at him with his foot out stretched. The foot collided with barely any pain to Zyler, and he caught himself when he hit the wall, though it still hurt. To any onlooker, and to the old knight, it had appeared he had taken the full force of the assault.

All this was just for show, and part of the bounty hunters cleaver plan to get close enough to his opponent. He laid there on the ground and let Judo come. Should he swing his sword, Zyler was confident he would be able to roll away in time and deliver a point blank shock to the knight. Instead, the hylian grabbed Zyler by his wrist and ankle. All the better.

"Why Judo. I didn't know you cared" Zyler said with a smirk as he was lifted up into the air. The hard grip was quite painful, and he could feel himself bruising, but it was worth it. The bounty hunter reached his free hand down and grabbed the hylian's face.

"ZAP!!!"

A near full powered lighting bolt traveled strait into the old knight through his arms and his head. The hylian's limbs locked up and he fell to the ground like a plank, leaving Zyler to roll away and spring back to his feet.

"You gonna lay on your back all day or are you gonna get up and finish this?" Zyler mocked. He knew that if his shock had been any stronger it would have put his opponent out for weeks. Judo would get up eventually, and Zyler would let him. The fight couldn't end just yet. "Lets see what you got."
Last Edited by I)ragon; 10-30-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason:
Closed Thread