$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
vladith
Send a message via Skype™ to Valhelm
Steam ID: Vladith
View Posts: 8,852
Re: If You Could "Fix" Cartoon Network

I'd love it if they brought back the show The Batman. It was a great show, and it basically retcons everything about Batman.
Also, cancel Johnny Test. Period.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Wii U ID: WoodwindsRock
View Posts: 2,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoronSword View Post
I'd personally like them to start the Naruto Shippuuden series, New Episodes of Justice League Unlimited, New Episodes of Teen Titans, Cancel the upcoming new "Super Hero Squad" (plus I thought Nickelodeon was doing all the Marvel cartoons...), New Episodes of the Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, New Episodes of Samurai Jack, New Episodes of Storm Hawks, and New Episodes of Xiaolin Showdown. Introduce some anime again, and not just once a week on Fridays (like Trigun).

-BGS
I just learned the Naruto Shippuden is going to air on DisneyXD.

And now I'm even less happy that One Piece doesn't have a spot on American TV. Oh well, I'll take legal streaming and the Simulcast over a spot on TV anyways. Most people are too close-minded to even give it a real chance. D:

------

Last Edited by Envy; 09-10-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
turtles like strawberry
Send a message via ICQ to Asci Send a message via AIM to Asci Send a message via Yahoo to Asci Send a message via Skype™ to Asci

View Posts: 9,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
I'd bring back Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Lab, continue that Star Wars show and Chowder, and cancel all of the live action stuff, which now takes up 70% of its time slots. I'd also rerun old shows, like Freakazoid and Edd, Ed, and Eddy, at night.

I'd bring back the live action Fridays segment, though. That <four hearts> was hilarious.
70%? I'd say around 8% if you don't include Adult Swim.
Quote:
I'd also bring back fronkin Kids Next Door.

Twas epic. If you're someone in my generation, seein it again would bing back so much nostalgia...
Nostalgia is a terrible reason to bring a show back, especially one as badly written as KND. Bringing it back would only make you aware of its many flaws (such as boring, one-dimensional characters, villains with SEVERE "I'm a villain so I'm dumber than half a brick" syndrome, and a constant stream of toilet humor). The only real highlight of that show was the voice acting, if you ignore numbers 1, 3, and 4, and every other character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Pants View Post
I haven't watched CN in years. What shows do they mainly run? I stopped watching once they aired **** like The Mighty Bee and Total Drama Island (I think that's what they were called). The only good show that is moderately new is Billy and Mandy. That and Ed, Edd, and Eddy still make me lol when I watch them.
Mighty B is Nickelodeon, and hilariously drawn. Reminds me of old Kricfalusi stuff (Ren and Stimpy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
words
TMBG can't write a cartoon. No way. It'd set the bar too high for all cartoon writing for the rest of time and nothing else would ever get made. Though, we would have a show with a bunch of TMBG music in it and I would probably die of excitement.

That aside, I don't think Adult Swim can survive as its own network, unless it runs a bunch of infomercials from like 6 am to noon. I don't think they have the rights to a lot of the old anime they used to show, and there currently isn't enough being produced for it to keep it from stagnating if it was to run all day. I suppose what they could do is opt for the repeating formula they currently use, but extend the block by a few hours and keep it going all day. They can't just bring back everything they've ever shown.

Unless they could. That would rock my shorts.

Quote:
Family Guy is probably one of the weakest shows on Adult Swim, where the strongest are Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, King of the Hill, ATHF, and The Venture Bros.

If they had their own network they could air all of these shows, as well as some good, new animus, and whatever else they fancy. Hell, since they're owned by the same company, they could replay episodes of Dexter and Samurai Jack, since that's a big portion of their viewer base.
Could work too. Dag. Adult Swim Network. I'd watch that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeves View Post
Only in its original form, or a with new, uncensored dub on adult swim. 4kids made One Piece totally lame, and I never even watched the show that much to know that. All I know is, from what I've heard, the Japanese version had a lot of mature content and gave off a better vibe when you watched it. 4kids basically dumbed it down to fit the mind of a seven year old. Not only that, but whenever I tried watching it on Cartoon Network when it aired on Toonami a few years back, the voice overs were extremely childish, and unrealistic. I tried watching the Japanese dub a while back, and it was WAY better, and had normal voices. Plus, the Japanese version didn't have a pathetic rap opening theme song to destroy the franchise. So, it's either in Japanese, a new dub, or hell no.
You do know that Funimation already re-dubbed it, right?

HELLO IM A TURTLS
join official zu chatroom if you're not dumb okay bye
http://www.twigathy.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi
if you miss me that badly then follow me on twitter
Last Edited by Asci; 09-11-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 AM
タイラー
Wii U ID: Shock-T 3DS ID: Shock-T
View Posts: 1,897

If I were to fix Cartoon Network, I'd get rid of every single show on there right now except for Ed, Edd, and Eddy and Tom & Jerry, and bring back these:
Johnny Bravo
Cow and Chicken
Codename Kids Next Door
The original Scooby-Doo
Dexter's Labratory
Power Puff Girls
Flintstones

But most of all, I'd bring back Toonami, and put shows in like

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Yu Hakusho
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Gundam

But most of all, bring back my favorite TV shows ever;
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT

All three of those shows deserve 10s. I had the best memories of my life watching those shows.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
View Posts: 8,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asci View Post
Nostalgia is a terrible reason to bring a show back, especially one as badly written as KND. Bringing it back would only make you aware of its many flaws (such as boring, one-dimensional characters, villains with SEVERE "I'm a villain so I'm dumber than half a brick" syndrome, and a constant stream of toilet humor). The only real highlight of that show was the voice acting, if you ignore numbers 1, 3, and 4, and every other character.
I have to agree. Even as a child I absolutely HATED that show. It was completely convoluted, and, to some extent, condescending. There was supposed to be a plot but NONE OF IT MADE ANY SENSE WHAT SO EVER. That show, and the show they tacked on to Billy and Mandy had to be my least favorite cartoon network originals of that era. (Which is sad, considering how great Billy and Mandy was.)

Quote:
TMBG can't write a cartoon. No way. It'd set the bar too high for all cartoon writing for the rest of time and nothing else would ever get made. Though, we would have a show with a bunch of TMBG music in it and I would probably die of excitement.
They already wrote "Here Come the ABCs" and "Here Come 123", which are some ****ing awesome Sesame Street style shows.

Also, who ever wrote Yo Gabba Gabba has to write few shows for Cartoon Network.

Quote:
That aside, I don't think Adult Swim can survive as its own network, unless it runs a bunch of infomercials from like 6 am to noon. I don't think they have the rights to a lot of the old anime they used to show, and there currently isn't enough being produced for it to keep it from stagnating if it was to run all day. I suppose what they could do is opt for the repeating formula they currently use, but extend the block by a few hours and keep it going all day. They can't just bring back everything they've ever shown.

Unless they could. That would rock my shorts.

Could work too. Dag. Adult Swim Network. I'd watch that.
Well, ever station airs reruns, but yeah, they could do like a 6 hour block, which is only 12 30 minute shows, and loop that 4 times a day, and They could easily reach 6 hours by throwing in their old shows, or some classic cartoon network shows.

And then after that, they could slowly expand on their block.

Quote:
You do know that Funimation already re-dubbed it, right?
It's too bad the original writing, animu and mango, sucked so bad.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
That's your opinion.

From what I've seen in this topic you tend to think that your opinions are facts.

But since you said "sucked" it's quite apparent that you don't even know what you're talking about.

------

#67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,007

I found the episodes that made fun of the star wars movies pretty funny(It was a couple of the C. A. K E. episodes I think...), sad KND never did an episode three one that woulda been awesome! And mister boss was just funny, not that he was a villain, but the character. xD But yeah that show was kinda cracky if you ask me. I mean seriously, spanking vampires....zombie guinne pigs....a space station made of cake....what was CN smoking?

Billy and mandy was just weird but at least it made sense lol

Hmm, I kinda miss Edd Ed and eddy though T-T,

I say stick with the more grown up shows, IGPX, DBZ(which was fine until they got high and wrote GT), that kinda stuff, at least people die or get hurt badly in them Cartoon doesn't always meen kiddy stuff, I need some good action now and again too, and something that doesn't involve a half demon boy with thousands of rabid fangirls in the human world cause his hair's so long. xD

They were much better off doing stuff like Yugi-oh and those sorts of shows, at least they had an actual plot right?

My DA Account is now open for business!
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
That's your opinion.

From what I've seen in this topic you tend to think that your opinions are facts.
They aren't?

Quote:
But since you said "sucked" it's quite apparent that you don't even know what you're talking about.
The first 55 volumes sucked and future incarnations of the series will probably suck, though I can't really comment about those before they are written, can I?
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
They aren't?

The first 55 volumes sucked and future incarnations of the series will probably suck, though I can't really comment about those before they are written, can I?
I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion, but this topic isn't about your sole opinions.

The majority actually likes One Piece. Maybe not quite in America, but in Japan it is the number one manga by sales.

Obviously the way to "fix" Cartoon Network would be giving it shows with a lot of potential to make money like One Piece. Of course 4Kids could have possibly ruined that chance, but FUNimation's dub was actually doing pretty well on the channel, I've heard.

I believe it was just the way they went about things.

It's a shame that you don't like One Piece. I don't know why you'd continue to read it in the first place if you think it sucks so much. But that's your sole opinion, and your opinion is not a fact.

And I'm sorry, but I really can't take you seriously when you say that Tim and Eric's Awesome Show should be on over Family Guy. Family Guy has gotten stale to me definitely, but Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, seriously?

------

#70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 02:38 PM
vladith

I don't get why some of you hate Kids Next But love Billy and Mandy. KND started when I was about six, and I loved the concept ad art stlye. The show definitley got better as the series went on, going deeper into the storyline and had a higher art budget, I presume.

Billy and Mandy, on the other hand, really has no plot,ad evey episode s just made up with cultural references in exchange for jokes and a plot.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Princess of Nothing Really
Steam ID: Yalawala 3DS ID: 4957-3914-8502
View Posts: 1,240

I'm not too big of a fan of the new shows. Bobbe Says is kinda funny, that's only because they show videos of people being humiliated on camera. But the downside of that show is that they play the clips over and over again. It's best to just do it like America's Funniest Videos and insert a funny punchline that everyone will understand.

At least Cartoonnetwork still plays Teen Titans every now and then, I used to watch that show all the time in third grade. If I were in charge, I would only allow the older shows to broadcast during a certain day of the week.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion, but this topic isn't about your sole opinions.
I beg to differ.

Quote:
The majority actually likes One Piece. Maybe not quite in America, but in Japan it is the number one manga by sales.
Yeah, and they're wrong.

Quote:
Obviously the way to "fix" Cartoon Network would be giving it shows with a lot of potential to make money like One Piece. Of course 4Kids could have possibly ruined that chance, but FUNimation's dub was actually doing pretty well on the channel, I've heard.
Nah, Cartoon Network will be fixed once it's filled with child-level cartoons which entertain me.

Quote:
And I'm sorry, but I really can't take you seriously when you say that Tim and Eric's Awesome Show should be on over Family Guy. Family Guy has gotten stale to me definitely, but Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, seriously?
You seem to have fairly boring tastes in comedy. Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job! is, perhaps, the most comedicly progressive program on television. They are like the Andy Warhols of comedy right now. It is uncomedy, and if you do not understand it, you are not cool enough for me to talk to.

But seriously, it's is a pretty Awesome Show. (Great Job!) It seems weak at first, but after you watch it for a while you'll start to fall into its 'grove'.

Of course, I'm really into strange, experimental, and questionably pretentious entertainment in general, so you might not have the same experience as me.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 04:16 PM
View Posts: n/a

Quote:
I'd love it if they brought back the show The Batman. It was a great show, and it basically retcons everything about Batman.
Also, cancel Johnny Test. Period.
GTFO. (holy crap, I've been saying that to a lot of people recently).

Johnny Test is fricking awesome. The only reason CN has it is because CW4Kids (or whatever they are now, used to be Kids WB) lost the rights to it. Same for Xiaolin Showdown (another awesome show, btw, except for season 3).
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 04:44 PM
vladith

Zhaolin Showdown is great, but, Johnny Test makes my eyes hurt, because of the bad animation and garish colors. The jokes aren't that funny either.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
turtles like strawberry
Send a message via ICQ to Asci Send a message via AIM to Asci Send a message via Yahoo to Asci Send a message via Skype™ to Asci

View Posts: 9,465

Quote:
They already wrote "Here Come the ABCs" and "Here Come 123", which are some ****ing awesome Sesame Street style shows.
Well, dag. Showed me right up.

HELLO IM A TURTLS
join official zu chatroom if you're not dumb okay bye
http://www.twigathy.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi
if you miss me that badly then follow me on twitter
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asci View Post
Well, dag. Showed me right up.
Check it out, brorrito.

Speaking of music, Asci, I just clicked that link in your sig. Motorcycle Troubles is awesome, way better than your old stuff. (Which was interesting too, but after so long would be stale right today.)

The second verse, in particular, was genius.
Last Edited by 8bit; 09-11-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,450

Keep the thread topic in mind, try not to stray too far off of it. Conversements and whatnot not pertaining to the topic at hand can be taken to PM or VM and whatnot.
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
If you have the courage to jump... then have the courage to live
Send a message via AIM to LightHawk
View Posts: 613

easy, I would get rid of the reality shows, I mean its call CARTOON network. I would aslo get rid of most of the new shows and bring back classics like Dexter's lab and Time Squad. I would also bring back Toonami and play older anime like Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, DB/DBZ/DBGT, as well as some nwer ones like Shakugna No Shana and Tsubasa. These are only examples of what I would do not the finished project.

By Panique
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 11:57 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,291

Quote:
Yeah it sure sucks, I ****ing hate amazing characterization! Holy **** so awful the designs are I love my animu kawaii neko yugioh bleach naruto designs. ^__^ One Piece is so bad that I dropped it after the first page! I can now say that the whole series sucks. I ****ing hate good story, pacing, art, consistency AND worst of all I hate creativity. Go watch a real anime like Cowboy BEBOP, it's the only good anime ever and I know because I've seen all of Adult Swim's catalog. Holy ****, if wikipedia says it, it must me true!
Last Edited by Big One; 09-12-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
sudo make me a sandvich
Send a message via Skype™ to Vero
View Posts: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Dexter's Lab
Best show on CN. Ever.

Tags