Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

Okay, I admit it now, I don't dislike Avatar, as I've said in the past quite sometime ago when that other Avatar thread was still around. Then, I'd seen well over a few episodes. Now though, I've seen almost all of it because my brother has the complete collection of book 1 and book 2, but only some of book 3.

Yeah, so before, the only reason I would watch it was because I thought Sokka was one of the funniest cartoon characters I've seen from the US. So he made me laugh a lot. But I really like Prince Zuko too now (heck, even he's made me laugh too, especially the part where he almost puked in front of two old ladies XD). In fact, I can't choose whether him or Sokka is my favorite character. The show is pretty good, I'll admit that. I plan to watch the last couple of episodes.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
“The Earth? We ate it yesterday.” —Yann Martel
View Posts: 3,075
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

I've seen almost all of the episodes. Wasn't a bad series, I actually hope that Avatar and sows like it will bring a new era in western animation. I would like to see more cartoons with actual stories that span a season and then end. Similar to anime.

As for a favorite character in Avatar. I would have to say Toph was pretty cool. I liked her sarcasm, as well as her fighting style.

Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War - River Song
Last Edited by Eternal Paradox; 10-30-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 171

Avatar rocks! Zuko is definatly the best, even though he is evil.

Please click my dragons! A few more levels and i get another one! Pretty please!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

He's not evil. Azula is the evil one, lol. Zuko is on Aang's side towards the end, remember? He even helped Sokka rescue his (Sokka's) father and Suki (her and Sokka were the cutest couple, btw) from the prison place. Not to mention how much saving Zuko had done before joining Aang anyway. He rescued his own crew, then Aang, then a boy in the Earth Kingdom, and then Appa. Lastly, he took an attack from Azula and saved Katara.

Zuko was more of an anti-hero later turned hero. He didn't do a lot bad things, only destroyed some places and sent an assassin after Aang trying to get him, but failed. Basically, he tried being evil, but failed. Azula was the evil one. Insanely evil, I might add. Yeesh.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 11-08-2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM
ELpaca

View Posts: 17,372

I was surprised to like the Avatar so much. It really is a fantastic cartoon to watch.

I really want to see how they meet Toph and how insane Azula really is since she was sent to a mental facility in the end of the entire series.

But seeing as the entire series aren't even released here yet, I'm going to have to rely on my imagination.

Sokka is my favourite because he just makes me... lol.

Ich Will: "As a kid I remember grabbing cats by their tails and spinning them around like you do with Bowser in Mario 64. Then I'd throw them away. Dunno if I got that from the game though lol."
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
:) Justice will prevail no matter what :)
View Posts: 501

Oh wow, I love Avatar!
Toph is by far my fave character in the whole show. She is SO like me!
She likes green, She fights well, she's funny and she's blind! (ok maybe im not blind in BOTH eyes but I can't see out my left one)
But the main reason i like Toph is because she doesn't see her blindness as a handicap, it actually makes her a better fighter.
All in all, she's just a great Earthbender.

"As Long as there's a moon. Flowers will never die.
And Neither will wolves!"

Humans only fear the beast within the wolf becaue they don't understand the beast within themselves.

Amazing sig by xXJulieannaXx
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 67

Avatar: The Legend of Aang, as it’s known in my neck of the woods, is one of the better western animated series of recent history. Season three, though, is perhaps the weakest, I haven’t seen all of it yet so it could improve.

Plus, Iroh is cool.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Ally of the King of Kings
Send a message via AIM to Ocarinagirl
View Posts: 136

Avatar has got to be the best animated show I have ever seen. I especially love how the characters grow and evolve, along with the continuity of events from one episode to another. The show's clean content is another plus. I also value the honorable lessons that it teaches, such as having the strength to forgive others for past wrongs, recognizing right from wrong, and the fact that people can change for the better if given the chance. Even though the show is directed at the age range of 8-12 year-olds, I think it has the potential to be enjoyed by any age group. I myself am 25 years old, and think the show's quality is just as great as the live-action series out there. Also, I was thrilled when I found out that in 2010, the first of three Avatar live-action movies will be released, so you can be sure that I'll be at that movie theater.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 PM
SO ZETTA SLOW

View Posts: 1,868

My favorite show, I watched it from beginning to end, and have every single episode recorded on my tv. My siblings didn't like it for the first 2 1/2 seasons, but then became interested. My favorite character is Aang, unlike most people. For some reason, I can relate to him alot. My favorite one time character is the band of signing nomads. I was surprised at the way it ended, and watched it live. Also, I think you were referring to my old thread.

~Simon
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Spitters are Quitters
View Posts: 535

Avatar used to be one of my favorite shows. Azula was actually one of my favorite characters, even though she was insane. I guess that's what made her fun to watch.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 171

At first when i first watched Avatar, i kind of knew that Zuko was going to be teaching Aang firebending. I tryed to convince myself that it wasn't so,that he was to evil. I tryed to tell myself that it would be Iroh teaching him instead!

Please click my dragons! A few more levels and i get another one! Pretty please!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2008, 12:38 AM
missinglink05 missinglink05 is a male United States missinglink05 is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 27

yea i loved avatar to i was kind of sad when the show ended even though it ended perfectly my fav characters are aang toph king bumi and katara i couldnt choose just one
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 939

Now that I look back at it, it wasn't that bad. The ending to the series was predictable, but the character development went smoothly and naturally. Not many western cartoons have something like that these days.

Hopefully, when they work on the infamous "next project", they don't disappoint.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Batman
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Yoshi Send a message via AIM to Lord Yoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Yoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Yoshi
View Posts: 2,969

I've only seen season 1 and about a quarter of season 2. I have them all just never got around to finishing watching. I also hated it at first then grew to like it. I hope the live action movie is good. It could go either way seeing the crap the director has made recently.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Hooch is crazy!
View Posts: 12,543

Yeah, good show. I didn't really like it at first, but it grew on me. I don't like that it ended, but it had too. No one likes those shows that milk it until everyone hates it. Had to end and it had a good ending. My favourite character definetly has to be Toph. Followed bySokka and Zuko in that order.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I want damage reports!
Send a message via Skype™ to Keaton-King

View Posts: 4,228

I really liked to watch Avatar I envy the firebenders (I really want to control fire!), and Sokka was funny! To bad the series is over now... But I have heard that the're gonna make a movie!!

Awesome sig made by: Caleb

Zelda Games Beaten: LoZ AoL ALttP LA OoT MM OoS OoA FS FSA TWW TP PH ST SS ALbW
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Hooch is crazy!
View Posts: 12,543

Alright. I'm sitting on my couch looking through my limited number of current gen games. I notice that, other than TP, Brawl, LBP, and Mario kart wii, every game is some sort of shooter. I start looking though my PS2 collection, and it's all RPGs and i'm thinking.... THOSE are the good games.
Next, i start to think about Avatar and the crappy games that they released for the show are. It really is a shame. There is great potential for an amazing Avatar RPG. This game could be a hardcore RPG in the sense that you level up, select wich stats level up, and all that good RPG stuff. You could customize your character, and select which nation/ bending that your charater would have. This game would'nt neccisarly be..... how do yo say this.....would it be cannon? It would be more like a spin-off, so there could be more... unique ways the game's story could go. I definetly think it would have to have some sort of action combat though.... no turn-turn crap. It's ok in some games.... but i'm not to big on that. It would need a battle system like something out of Tales of Symphonia or Radiata Stories, or somthing like it.
I just think there is potential for a very good Avatar game.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton-King View Post
I really liked to watch Avatar I envy the firebenders (I really want to control fire!), and Sokka was funny! To bad the series is over now... But I have heard that the're gonna make a movie!!
Heard? This is no rumor, my friend =D.

The Last Airbender (2010)

In fact, there is a thread here that talks about it.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...er-2010-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koulatio
Alright. I'm sitting on my couch looking through my limited number of current gen games. I notice that, other than TP, Brawl, LBP, and Mario kart wii, every game is some sort of shooter. I start looking though my PS2 collection, and it's all RPGs and i'm thinking.... THOSE are the good games.
Next, i start to think about Avatar and the crappy games that they released for the show are. It really is a shame. There is great potential for an amazing Avatar RPG. This game could be a hardcore RPG in the sense that you level up, select wich stats level up, and all that good RPG stuff. You could customize your character, and select which nation/ bending that your charater would have. This game would'nt neccisarly be..... how do yo say this.....would it be cannon? It would be more like a spin-off, so there could be more... unique ways the game's story could go. I definetly think it would have to have some sort of action combat though.... no turn-turn crap. It's ok in some games.... but i'm not to big on that. It would need a battle system like something out of Tales of Symphonia or Radiata Stories, or somthing like it.
I just think there is potential for a very good Avatar game.
I whole heartedly agree with this. A suggestion for the fighting system: mix Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I'd love that!
Last Edited by Soli; 01-04-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
And then LLAMAS!
View Posts: 2,514

For some reason I think Spiderman: Web of Shadows style gameplay would be perfect for an Avatar game. Airborne combat mixed with melee and projectile elements. Would make a fun game in my book.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2009, 11:23 PM
There was once a man so poor, he only had money.
Send a message via AIM to Cereal Send a message via Skype™ to Cereal
View Posts: 880

You like Sokka and Suki? I wanted him to get with Toph.

Tags
airbender, avatar