Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1
Orange

Jeremiah went from stupid funny in the first season to badass cyborg in the second one
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Deku Scrub
Re: Code Geass season 3?

well there is some theory that Lelouch is not dead. and like small facts that point towards that. C.C that was immortal gave all her power to Lelouch in the secound serie (somewhat in like 12-19around) and in the end of the last part the last sentence u hear is from C.C saying: isn't that right Lelouch?
still theory but whut ever need more CG =(
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

It was confirmed by the creators or someone of similar position that Lelouch died.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 49

If Bandai wants to carry on with the Code Geass franchise, they will have to incorporate Lelouch in a pretty big way, because that’s where the money is – especially with the Lelouch-loving Japanese audiences, which are more important because the anime industry’s marketing opportunities are bigger in Japan than in the West. If they decide to continue the anime, it will have to turn out Lelouch is alive. If they decide to go with an alternate universe approach, Lelouch will also have to be alive. And since Bandai will inevitably want to continue Code Geass (they have already indicated it themselves) we will be seeing him in some form or another in the future.

Compare with Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam: they could drop Amuro “White Devil” Ray for the second series because, well, he was a whinny brat and not well liked. But they had to put Char “Red Comet” Aznable in every series up until his death in Char’s Counter-Attack (and then “bring him back” as a clone later) because his character is what sold the merchandise. In the same way, Lelouch moves product; none of the other characters, and especially not Suzaku, can take his place in that capacity.

Compare also with Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: originally Kira/Jesus/Zeus Yamato and most his pals were slated for much reduced roles, but audiences responded very unfavorably because they missed the old cast, so they tossed out the old scenarios and improvised their way through the series – which is why Destiny had problems with pacing and characterization, and ultimately did less well financially than Gundam Seed. In the same way, removing or de-emphasizing Lelouch too heavily (such as by having him be dead) would hurt sales too strongly for Bandai to stay with it.

Or put simply:

1. Code Geass is too profitable to discontinue the franchise.

2. Lelouch is what make Code Geass profitable -- his Byronic, Machievellian personality makes him one of the more popular anime characters in decades.

Doesn't take a genuis to know what the future of Lelouch and Code Geass is.
Quote:
It was confirmed by the creators or someone of similar position that Lelouch died.
Even that is amiguous, because the director was actually phrasing it in the form of a question, something like, "Death is the price Lelouch has to pay if he is to create his better world, right?" Writer Okouchi was seeking the agreement of the people he was talking to, although it implies he thinks that they should agree with him. So the "confirmation" of Lelouch's death wasn't a definitive statement, nor is it the consensus of the entire creative team.

But Lelouch probably did die -- the question is if he remained dead. In the Code Geass universe, death is not necessarily the end of life. There are several signs which indicate he may have transcended his death (I'll post them if anyone is interested): Lelouch living is consistent with one of the reoccuring themes of the series -- "living beyond" or "coming back" from death. Several characters go through this experience in the anime, why shouldn't Lelouch, the Code Geass character Bandai stands the most to gain from keeping alive, be one of them?

I'm pretty sure that the creators had no intention of killing off Lelouch forever -- but leaving him in that state at the end of the second season gives them an intrigue angle for the movie, OVA, or third season. They can tantalize the Lelouch-lovers with the possibility of his being alive. I'm pretty sure that is one of the rationales for the end of R2.

Anyway, if they continue the anime from where it left off, they will probably introduce a new (supernatural) enemy and delve more into the supernatural elements of the show. Otherwise: alternate universe.

But there are more plot points left to pursue than most people think: for example, Suzaku's transition into Zero; lacking Lelouch's intelligence, charisma, and coolness (emotionally speaking), it is unlikely Suzaku is anywhere near as effective of a Zero as Lelouch was, which could culminate in the ressurected Lelouch talking his friend into the role or taking it back for himself -- depending on whether it is economical to make Lelouch Zero again.

Quote:
Lelouch died that day and LL was born.
That's possible. Also, the only one who was said to have died was Lelouch vi Britannia -- Lelouch went by the surname 'Lamperouge' for most of the series. So long as he never takes on the persona of Britannian royalty ever again, it is spiritually true that Lelouch vi Britannia is dead, even after Lelouch himself returns to life.

However, I doubt people will call him LL.
Last Edited by Retribution; 02-11-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason:
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 PM

I am all for a third season.

It just has to have a good story.

My Fanfiction
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,306

I would prefer they leave Lelouch out of a third season, but if he's the only one who would sell a third season I guess they'd have to bring him back. Though I would prefer a continuation of the second, with Suzaku being Zero.

Either that, or make season three a prequel that helps explain the immortality of the Geass givers, and the Geass itsself.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Last Edited by Chad; 02-12-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason:
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 49

Quote:
I would prefer they leave Lelouch out of a third season, but if he's the only one who would sell a third season I guess they'd have to bring him back.
Well, normally I wouldn't put it past Bandai / Sunrise to think they could market a franchise without its flagship character; but when its one of the most popular anime characters in decades, when there is so much capacity within the plot and world of Code Geass for him to still be alive, when they want to continue the series and make a profit, and in the years following Gundam SEED Destiny -- under these conditions I don't see how they can not have Lelouch still be alive.

Quote:
Though I would prefer a continuation of the second, with Suzaku being Zero.
From Lelouch's 'final' words it sounds as though Suzaku will be Zero from here on out. That would make it seem definite, but by the same token I thought for sure that Lelouch would fulfill the terms of whatever contract he made with C2 -- and alive or dead there isn't any chance of him doing that, due to the nature of her condition. Anyway, Lelouch could become Zero again if Suzaku sucks too much, although if he has the Code going back to the old masquerade might be beneath him, since the Code makes you immortal; Lelouch might need to fill in a role more suitable for one with such power. However, I have theorized that Lelouch could lose the Code and become mortal again: that is too speculative for me to swear to though. Then only thing I am prepared to bet on is that if they continue the series, Lelouch will have to be in it in a pretty big way.

However, Suzaku's transition into Zero, whether he keeps it or gives it back to Lelouch, would undoubtedly be one of the themes of the third season.

Quote:
Either that, or make season three a prequel that helps explain the immortality of the Geass givers, and the Geass itsself.
Well, that's a given, prequel or continuation. It's one of the few plot points left unexplored, so it has to be incorporated into a prequel or sequal to give the audience a sense of developing continunity.

Once again, I think Bandai is wary of moving too far away from the original cast, and especially Lelouch.
Last Edited by Retribution; 02-12-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason:
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

As long as they make a good plot, I want code geass to come back.(with lelouch)
and also as everything about code geass is pretty much about lelouch it will be very hard for them to make one without him
Last Edited by pyroboy; 02-21-2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason:
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2009, 05:16 AM
Deku Scrub
Smile

put a if your 4 3rd season
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Deku Scrub

i think the person is lying i saw you post the same think on a different site 2 months later.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Substitute Wielder of Reality. Just until he comes back....
View Posts: 28

I think I saw a Code Geass R3 episode, but I can't remmeber clearly where. I remmeber it was in the future and Lelouch was inside a strange box-like machine. It was on my friends laptop, but I can't remmeber. I also saw a fanart of Zero in that same box.......... On Monday I will find out for sure.
All Hail Lelouch!!!
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2

Well first of all i would be happy with a third season because a really liked Code Geass ^^ but i still hope that if there is they don't ruin it.
And if its true all said before and Lelouch is alive maybe we could consider he in some way managed do make the same as Mariane did with his soul. I know that was her Geass but maybe he did find a way because I don't know if you notice but in the end C.C. talks to Lelouch exactly as she talked before with Mariane in several parts of the series, even in season 2 is explained that C.C. and Mariane could talk by some kind of telepathy while she was in Anya's body.
I think that the last 6 espisodes where a bit to fast and they could have made 1 or 2 more to make them slower, but still i think its the best seen i have seen and there was a part almost at the end where passed from loving Lelouch to hating him, and then to loving him again in the sad ending I think that part is one of the parts where they manage expectator feelings as they do with Rollo and Shirley.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Kallen Kouzuki Kallen Kouzuki is a male Germany Kallen Kouzuki is offline
Goron
Send a message via Skype™ to Kallen Kouzuki
View Posts: 218

I wish there was a 3rd season but its higly unlikley because first what would the material be That another super power trys to take the world......No that just wouldnt make it code geass anymore so it wouldnt be fun to watch anymore and anyway as said in the end by Kallen that the world became a peaceful place and that there was no more war so why would they make another season^^ (i do wish tho)^^
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaFaint View Post
I just finished watching the season 2 of this anime (mon. oct. 6, 08)
and it took my attention/interest since season 1

Unknown Characters Names Revealed
C.C. (Cecilia)
V.V. (Vivian)

Code Geass R3: Gods Wrath
The world is now at peace but a new force has appeared and once again threaten this world... when it seemed all hope had faded away a familiar face has revealed its self and brought hope.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lelouch once again took the character as Zero and Suzaku once again a knight but his identity is hidden from public so Suzaku is working behind the shadows.
Marianne and Charles comeback with a support of a few people perhaps beyond human.
CG r2 Lelouch death explained:
remember the pact Lelouch and C.C. (Cecilia) made that "what ever happens he musn't die) the Lelouch that was stabbed was his maid(the japanese girl) Lelouch and that female switch places many times before.

Code Geass R3 - 09 (summer or fall)

(To the people wondering where I got this information please stop!
I'm already in danger of getting sued of revealing this ahead of schedule.)

All Hail Lelouch !!!
Ok, if the maid and Lelouch switched places, then how come when Nunnaly touched Lelouch, she saw all of his past memories*confused* This has only happened once before when Lelouch touched CC and her memories were seen by Lelouch. If this has only happened to CC before, a Code Geass holder, then the person who could have done this would be IMMORTAL because all code geass holders are immortal. Besides, isn't Vivian a girl's name anyway.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 AM

I don't remember Nunnally seing Lelouch's memories. And yeah, Vivian is a girl's name. Don't let the long hair fool you. VV is a guy.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........MM-TP
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I don't remember Nunnally seing Lelouch's memories. And yeah, Vivian is a girl's name. Don't let the long hair fool you. VV is a guy.

It took me awhile to realise taht VV was male.

Whats up with his hair

My Fanfiction
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2009, 12:45 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)
View Posts: 2,982

I saw Code Geass in an accumulation of 1 week and I have to say that I loved it to the very end. Though what you guys say is right, Lelouch is dead and you shouldn't re-write that he didn't die, but that doesn't mean he should stay dead

But anyway I'm not to be one of those guys who come to voice how they think the series should. If you are just a viewer, just watch the damn anime and keep your mouth shut. So If they do an R3 I just hope it's good. Whether it involves Lelouch or not, I just hope it's good. If they don't I hope they keep adding on to the series by doing the alternate story lines. Like the other four manga books. C'mon if Tenchi Muyo can do it, so can Code Geass!

All Hail Lelouch!

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Deku Scrub
Exclamation missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Anyone who watched all of Code Geass would know there isn't a 3rd season to possibly be released. The ending proves it.
your missing the point lalouch saw into the mind of cc and seeing her memories in doing so cc might of gave lalouch her code without his knowledge so he can fight Charles on his own terms however this is only the theory to why cc lost all memory of her immortal life
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2009, 04:18 PM

If Lelouch had the code, then he wouldn't be bleeding after being run through with a sword.

.........MM-TP
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2
Tch.

If u had actually been paying attention to the anime you would have noticed that everytime C2 was shot she was bleeding... so yeah if lelouch had the code he would still have been bleeding.
Closed Thread

Tags
code, geass, season