Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 795
Green Day New Album?

Is Green Day ever gonna make a new album? I heard they were working on one in the beginning of the year and it would be out by April but then nothing. Now nothing's said about any new album. All I heard now is that they are part of an environment helping thing, which is great. But when are they coming out with new stuff? I didn't like the Working Class Hero song that much. I want some new Green Day music! Anyone have any info on them for new albums?

P.S. you can say if you like them or not but don't you dare insult them! If you don't like them give a reason and not something like : Oh they suck! Cause I'll get really p'd if you pull that crap.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm just sayin guys.
View Posts: 716
Re: Green Day New Album?

Just be a little more patient. If I do remember, their last album was released about five or six years after the one before. They probably want to take their time.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
-
View Posts: 8,228

Billie Joe says he's got about 15 songs written that he likes.

Now its just a matter of time before they start recording...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Skyloftian

Hopefully they start soon. No patience
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,469

Oh man. I hope they don't. They're like a blinking fad. Sometimes there hip and cool most of the time they suck.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~
Send a message via AIM to Captain Cornflake Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Cornflake
View Posts: 4,850

Oh boy. Another album for little Californian rich kids and skateboarders to use as their anthem as they protest against right-wing politics.

I can hardly wait.

You know what I find funny? How Green Day has a huge problem with redneck-America, yet the lead singer's name is 'Billy Joe.'

More food for thought: It must be pretty embarassing when real punk bands publicly declare that you aren't punk like you claim to be.
Last Edited by Captain Cornflake; 05-15-2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:29 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

I must agree with the two great posts above this one.
Greenday is not Punk music - and it's laughable how Skateboarders and Co. use it as an anthem to parade around just how "punky" they are, when the fact is that Greenday are barely more identifiable than glorified Pop-Rock.

Quote:
Oh man. I hope they don't. They're like a blinking fad. Sometimes there hip and cool most of the time they suck.
That said, I didn't mind their much older stuff, the thing that triggered my eternal disgust for them was the "American Idiot" album. Seriously, almost all of the songs on it sound exactly the same, probably all the songs used practically identical power chords. Billy Joe's voice is simply the single most irritating, pathetic, whiney excuse for a human noise I've heard (far more than Axl Rose, Captain).
His horrible nasal, monotonous moaning make me want to do horrible things to myself to block myself from being subjected to that pathetic attempt he does at 'singing.'

I fail to see their songs as any kind of serious left-wing sentiment, more "lol we iz gonna be liek soooooooo rebellious becos we r naughty and make fun of the government!!!"
It's nothing but immature, laughable antics. I, myself, am a very left-wing individual, and trust me when I tell you all, all these 'protest songs' seem simply nothing more than failed attempts to look 'cool and cause-worthy' to sell their fad.

Quote:
More food for thought: It must be pretty embarassing when real punk bands publicly declare that you aren't punk like you claim to be.
Like who?
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 04:27 AM
Difficulty required.
Send a message via AIM to DakZhul
View Posts: 1,112

Oh god, so I'm going to have to listen to more songs on the radio about how america is bad, and all the other liberal BS that the last CD was riddled with. Seriously, these 3 guys are acting a little bit too much like U2, with their bleeding hearts...

Which brings me to another off topic thing....maybe I should make a thread called "Who hear thinks U2 needs to disband and dissappear?"

Special thanks to Ed6 for this amazing sig!
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 04:32 AM
SeriousDiscussion

Ah!
But with U2, they actually have a geuine want to help people and have an established, real-life goal.
They, most notably Bono, fully commit to their humanitarian work, U2 are a much more respectible band in that case, as they actually act on their intentions and have real intentions. That, and U2 are a good band.

Greenday simply shout left-wingisms for the sake of being seen as "rebellious" against the government (one can only assume) but that comes off as a pathetic cry for attention. As a left-wongist, it makes me cringe.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 06:13 AM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~
Send a message via AIM to Captain Cornflake Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Cornflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
Like who?
When talking about Green Day, Johnny Rotten (lead vocalist of the Sex Pistols, which pretty much defines punk) had this to say:
"So there we are fending off all that and it pisses me off that years later a wank outfit like Green Day hop in and nick all that and attach it to themselves. They didn't earn their wings to do that and if they were true punk they wouldn't look anything like they do."

Also, after meeting Green Day, the guitarist from the Buzzcocks said something to the effect of "I didn't have a clue who they were and they're not punks."

Funny stuff.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 AM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
"So there we are fending off all that and it pisses me off that years later a wank outfit like Green Day hop in and nick all that and attach it to themselves. They didn't earn their wings to do that and if they were true punk they wouldn't look anything like they do."
Such a beautiful sentiment. God, it makes me proud to be British! :XD
/me wipes tear from eye.

That said, apparantly, despite their reputation, the boys in the Sex Pistols were actually super polite people, according to one of my unlces that met them. :3

But yes, a most awesome sentiment.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Mogma
Send a message via AIM to bolerooffire Send a message via Yahoo to bolerooffire
View Posts: 181

Can you say SELLOUTS? Read these article on Ultimate-guitar.com its short so it would only take a min. Its an interview with billy joe about the upcoming green day material. Green Day With Three New Albums? | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Signature by BendTheSpoon. Much Thanks!

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
REEEE-DICULOUS!
View Posts: 2,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
Ah!
But with U2, they actually have a geuine want to help people and have an established, real-life goal.
They, most notably Bono, fully commit to their humanitarian work, U2 are a much more respectible band in that case, as they actually act on their intentions and have real intentions. That, and U2 are a good band.
Just because Bono claims that he's a great humanitarian doesn't make it true :/ .

Great humanitarians do NOT start grabbing up shares of Forbes magazine, spend tens of thousands of pounds on hats and sunglasses, and they certainly don't relocate their businesses to Holland so that they don't have to pay tax.

I hardly think the Dalai Lama could justify dropping a couple of thousand pounds on a bottle of wine, moments after telling the world to 'make poverty history.'

And why would anybody even care what Johnny Rotten has to say anyway? The man is a washed-up hack, who insults anybody and everybody for media coverage. He goes on reality TV shows, covered in bird feed and runs around with a bunch of hungry ostriches.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,180

This thread is about their new album, not what you think about them, I'm afraid.

Just because a moderator goes off-topic doesn't mean you can too... There will be no high-jacking of threads as long as I'm here!

When I do this it has nothing to do with my taste of music, I simply follow logic... =P

So please, ladies and gentlemen?
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~

Will, it's not hijacking of the thread. In fact, read the last line the OP put in his post:

Quote:
P.S. you can say if you like them or not...
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,513

Anyone who even thinks that Green Day is, or ever was, Punk in the traditional sense of the genre is wrong. It's a non-issue, because I have never really even heard them referring to themselves as punk music. Punk, as it was when it started, with The Sex Pistols and The Clash, was a very brief period in music. While there are some bands that, to an extent, are closer to the traditional punk sound (Bad Religion, Rancid), mostly there are artists that have evolved or are influenced by the traditional sound, but I have never heard any claim to be part of the same punk movement as their forerunners.

Green Day, along with blink-182, are the forerunners of the pop-punk genre. That's it. They aren't Punk, they're pop-punk, simple as that. Now I've never been much a fan of Green Day, though I would agree with most and say that their early efforts are far better than American Idiot, which is, in my opinion, a piece of trash.

My main issue is that people like to complain and hate on the band because "they aren't punk!" when they never really claimed to be, as far as I know. Pop-punk and traditional Punk are as different as traditional Rhythm and Blues and modern R&B.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Skyloftian

Did I not say "don't insult the band"?! Can't any of you listen?!:mad:

I don't want to hear you bash them, they're one of my favorite bands. So read the first post and just answer the question. Even a mod didn't listen, that's pathetic.

And Captain, who thinks that what he said is what i meant by saying you "don't like them", you are saying more than that so knock it off. Saying how much they act like something they're not is crossing the line by about a mile.
Last Edited by LP Soldier; 05-16-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,180

Yeah, that's what I said. You mentioned not allowing Green Day-insulting. Although it hasn't really went to flaming yet, but it is definately insulting.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Skyloftian

Thanx then, even a mod started insulting them, jeez.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~

Oh, excuse me for having a *****ing opinion. And excuse me for pointing things out that are wholly related to the topic.

Maybe if you're really lucky, Green Day will take a break from singing about how evil a man George Bush is and sing about how bad I am instead!

It's pretty sad when actual discussion is frowned upon in favor of mindless praise to whatever the topic is about. Did you just make this thread to hear people echo whatever your thoughts are?
Last Edited by Captain Cornflake; 05-16-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Only tools use the word "freaking," Will.
Closed Thread

Tags
album, day, green