Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 09:08 AM
baribadeebadeebadee standen lan doe
View Posts: 1,918
Card Captor Sakura

Okay, I was really surprised to see there wasn't a topic already on CCS O_o But Oh well, so, I quite liked this anime, it was kawaii. I liked mostly all the characters, besides a few, like Meilin, and a few other people there. Although I wasn't too keen on how it ended, neither the films...

How about everyone else?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 09:14 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034
Re: Card Captor Sakura

I loved both the Manga and the Anime.
However, the the Dubbed version sickened me - I hated how they re-wrote everyone's character and turned it into a babyish show aimed primarily for girls.

In the originals, we all know that Shaoran has a crush on /YukitoYue, who loved CLow Reed, whose Temporary form, Yukito, is in love with Touya, whose Sister, Sakura, is adored by Tomoyo, in the form of a secret crush, who knows Shaoran also has feelings for Sakura.

The themes here were the relationships of the characters - the cards were really secondry to this.
In the dub, they even cut out episodes with little action, like the capture of the 'Silent' Card, as it was not action packed.

I prefer the Manga ending where Eriol makes Sakura divide his powers bewteen himself and Kinomoto, (who was another re-oncarnation of Clow Reed) but I guess the Anime wasn't too bad - I mean, the first movie may have been rubbish, but the idea of the Void Card was a nice idea, I mean, in a show where the idea is to achieve a magical balance, there had to be something to counter-act the 52 Clow Cards.
On the whole, the Anime was pretty close to the Manga, which is more than I can say for others.

I myself adore the manga and anime, with the whole Master of the Clow Mangas, and my own Clow Card Tarot set.
Yay CCS!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 PM

*Please note for those of you who have not finished watching all of the anime there are spoilers in this paragraph!*

I agree with you in most places there Although I wasn't too keen again on the films. I prefer them leaving the anime where it ends. And I agree with you completely about the Dubbed version. It's terrible. I actually really enjoyed that episode with the Silent card in, all episodes don't need to have action, otherwise it would get boring. There has to be a balance.

The characters were great. I've not read the manga myself, I'm not too into Mangas, but I'm sure it's great too but I really hate how in the Dubbed version they've basically changed everything to suit their liking, and it's basically just a demented version of CCS, and they cut out all relationships too...>_<, Now that seems to be to be a pretty daft thing to do.

So anwyay, I loved the anime, hated the dub. That's all I really have to say XD But I'd like to discuss everyone's oppinions on the character builds.
I really liked how all the characters had some link to each other, and how they all helped each other, and they were all made just perfect, the way they acted and everything. At times I got cold shivers down my back >_< It was awesome. It was also funny how Sakura was totally oblivious from the fact that Shaoran had a secret crush on Sakura, and she had absolutely no idea about it. Ignorant? X) It was cute.

Tomoyo was great too, always there for Sakura, and she helped Shaoran when he was having a hard time realising his feelings for Sakura, and when he was trying to tell her. And she helped Meilin at times too, when she found out Shaoran liked Sakura and not her. And I loved how Tomoyo would act when she would talk about all the costumes she'd make for Sakura and whenever she was filming. It was cute again X)

Shaoran had a great build too, how he was somewhat proud at first, but then towards the end his real side came out when his feelings for Sakura developed. I liked the arguments him and Kero would have at times XD That was cute too. I didn't like Meilin too much...her attitude bugged me a bit XD and I think she was more of a minor in-the-way character than anything else.

It was nice how we also learned plenty about Sakura's friends from school, and they weren't completely put out. There are people who like to have an overall view of everyone, and it's nice The cards were all great, and there were plenty of supportive characters that were great too, like Sakura's brother, Touya. It was funny, and I liked it how he and Li didn't like each other, despite the fact that something was going on between Shaoran and Sakura. The other characters, like Yue, Kero, Ruby Moon, Spinel, and of course Eriol, were all great. I just loved how Nakura would always jump out of no where when Touya was trying to tell Yukito who he really was, and the little bouncy music would come on. It was just great, and of course there was the awesome episode where we find out about Spinel when he's hyper XD Eriol was great too.

What else can I say? I loved this anime! X) (Sorry if this post is too long, I'll edit it if it is)
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Is an audioslave
View Posts: 2,699

yeah when I was younger I watched the anime. loved it! it made pokemon look like a stupid show! which it is, but keep in mind this was a while ago!!!!! I wish it was still aired. I havnt seen the anime or read the manga in ages! love it alot though!

You know that crazy kid on your bus that laughs at random moments because he's thinking about something funny that happened yesterday? Yeah, that's me
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 12:48 PM
SeriousDiscussion

I love the character of Yue.
He's probably my favourite character, I mean, I liked how his Taciturne behaviour was becasue he still hadn't gotten over the Death of Clow Reed, and how he initially resented Sakura, before eventually feeling for her.

Ruby was funny, as she paralled him in everyway, whereas Yue is cold, silent and pensieve, Ruby is vibrant, flirtatious and charismatic.
I think it's funny how both Moon Guardians, Yue and Ruby, both feel for Touya.

My favourite card is Void, I felt so sad for her when in the movie, as the cards left her for Sakura, she feel to her knees and cried.

Again though, I would have preferred the ending of the Manga to be shown in the anime, since I like the idea of Eriol becoming weaker, makinf Sakura the most accomplished musician, with her father realising that he too was the half re-incarnation of Clow Reed, and became able to see his beloved Nadeshiko again, due to Clow's power divided between them.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 12:57 PM

Yeah, I liked Yue's personallity a lot, and it was really funny how he was totally different to Yukito. And Nakura's personality is great too, although I still wonder if she has real feelings for Touya, or was she just pretending to prevent Touya from telling Yukito...anyone have an answer for that? X) Or is it not really official...
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Elric
Yeah, I liked Yue's personallity a lot, and it was really funny how he was totally different to Yukito. And Nakura's personality is great too, although I still wonder if she has real feelings for Touya, or was she just pretending to prevent Touya from telling Yukito...anyone have an answer for that? X) Or is it not really official...
I think it's more a case of her actually having feelings for Touya, though they seem more lust driven, than Yukito's romantic feelings.

Also - remember how Shaoran had a crush on Yukito, but turned out he was only attracted to the power of the Moon?

Maybe Nakura's feelings for Touya are due to his magical powers?
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2006, 06:49 AM

Well, I don't think that's exactly it. He doesn't have a great deal of magic, although that's an interesting thought. Remember how in some episodes it's always going on about how girls always have crushes on Touya, but he doesn't accept any of them? Maybe Nakura has a crush on Touya too, although I'm not putting your idea aside, it's interesting to think about.

Damn, I forgot what I was going to say XD.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
.:and livings just a waste of death:.
Send a message via AIM to Karin_elric
View Posts: 82

I used to watch the show on tv all the time. I was mad when they took it off, but now I haven't seen or read it for a while. I remeber that I used to love it though. I think my favorite character was Sakura.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2006, 02:02 PM

Yeah, since she's the main character. But you know, the English dubbed version is so different to the Japanese one, and honestly, it sucks. No offense if you like it, but since it's all you know, you don't really know the difference between Japanese and Dubbed, soo...yeah.

One of my favourite episodes were 56, where Kero meets Suppie XD It's adorable.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2006, 01:18 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Elric
Yeah, since she's the main character. But you know, the English dubbed version is so different to the Japanese one, and honestly, it sucks. No offense if you like it, but since it's all you know, you don't really know the difference between Japanese and Dubbed, soo...yeah.

One of my favourite episodes were 56, where Kero meets Suppie XD It's adorable.
That's one thing I've never fully understood.

In both the Sub and Dub, Eriol places a spell on Suppi so that Kero-Chan won't recognise him.

But how could Kero know about Suppi, I mean, he and Ruby-Moon were created after Clow Reed had re-incarnated into Eriol and Fujitaka by Eriol himself, so presumable, Kero and Suppi would nevr have met.

The same applies to Nakuru/Ruby an Yuki/Yué.

Could you clear this up for me?

Oh - and have you seen the Animé special episode where Kero-Chan and Suppi-Chan fight over the last ball of Takoyaki?
God - I love Suppi when he eats sweets, they make him drunk! :XD
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2006, 09:09 AM
WhiteEyedHyuuga WhiteEyedHyuuga is a male United Kingdom WhiteEyedHyuuga is offline
Goron
View Posts: 369

wow, i watched this a LONG time ago on Citv, was a great show, saw the japenese sub the other day................that was one scary show!!! Kero had a REALLY high pitched voice!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 980

I watched it, now own a lot of it, and still watch it all online. Very well done and still entertaining. I believe some of the newer animes need to take a look back at the good oldies and make some adjustments. Still not so sure about the whole opening to the story, it kind of throws the characters at you before giving them any real time to develop, but all in all, I liked it.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2006, 09:10 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteEyedHyuuga View Post
wow, i watched this a LONG time ago on Citv, was a great show, saw the japenese sub the other day................that was one scary show!!! Kero had a REALLY high pitched voice!
CITV completely spat on the original show, and the version they showed instead was a sick disgrace.

Plus, you get a good ten-to-fifteen minutes of the actual episodes themselves cut off, as they couldn't edit out, or dub over dialogue that was deemed unsuitable.

Oh - and there were many, many, many eipsodes I doubt you would have seen, because of their more mature content, while others were disgustingly hacked up, with 'flashbacks' to old episodes trying to cover the actual dialogue.

For example, the final episdoe, Sakura and Co. go to Eli's hous, and there, Sakura has flash backs of her awakening the Star Key and transforming cards, then Eli goes and talks to Yue, who says Clow was like his father.

In the original, there were no flashbacks, but open dialogue as to why Eriol/Eli caused the disturbances, and then he alludes to Li/Shaoran's love for Sakura, and that things are very different from what he expected.

Yue admits to him that he like Sakura, but wanted Clow back, as he had romantic feelings for him.

And the main piece of dialogue that sums up nearly the whole of season three is completely cut out.

Eriol says that Clow Reed created Yukito/Julian to match exactly what Sakura would want in a lover, so he Yukito/Julian was created so he and Sakura would fall in Love.

However, he explains, Yukito fell in love with Toya/Tori, (which lead to several scenes and episodes centered around thier romance being cut or edited) and the someone else loves Sakura, and this is not what he expected.

As for CITV Kero - he sounds like a drunk New York Cab-Driver.

Tags
captor, card, sakura