Thread Back Search
Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community
  • User Name
  • Password

Cromartie High School

• 01-28-2006 | 05:25 PM
  • Monkey D. Luffy
  • Ever see one of these episodes? It's on Anime Unleahed and the station is G4. It's like BoBoBo-Bo, but..its not?

It's funny and random, just my type. I saw an episode on G4 by luck, and I'm glad I saw it. What are your views about this show?

Anyone know where I can find the opening video/trailer?
  • 01-28-2006 | 08:26 PM
  • Otaking
  • I caught it back when Anime Network was still on Comcast On Demand and I loved the show. Funny as hell, esp Freddy, loved that character.
  • 01-28-2006 | 10:00 PM
  • Monkey D. Luffy
  • I just started watching it, so who's Freddy? What's your view on the opening credits? I love the song and I find it funny.
  • 01-28-2006 | 10:33 PM
  • Big One
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Naruto Uzumaki
    I just started watching it, so who's Freddy? What's your view on the opening credits? I love the song and I find it funny.
    I think Freddy is that guy who rides the horse. I'm not sure, though, because I'm used to laughing so much through the show.

Anyway, yes I love this show. Hell, it's on my favorite list. In my opinion it's better than Bo^7, though don't get me wrong I do love the humor in Bo^7. I love the randomness in the show, and the characters' stupidity and doings crack me up all of the time. Yes, I know that this anime doesn't have a complex plot, characters, etcetra, but that's not the point of the anime. The point of this anime is randomness and silly humor, and just because there is no deep plot or developing characters it doesn't make this anime bad. The whole humor of the show makes this a good and funny anime.

On another note, Colorful is a hillarious anime too.
  • 01-28-2006 | 10:36 PM
  • Monkey D. Luffy
  • Who's the guy with the afro and the guy with the purple thing? I can't remember their names...
  • 01-29-2006 | 12:56 AM
  • Otaking
  • Quote:
    I just started watching it, so who's Freddy? What's your view on the opening credits? I love the song and I find it funny.
    Freddie, like Luke said, is the dude who rides the horse and looks like the late Freddie Mercury. As for the opening theme, I love it.

Quote:
    Who's the guy with the afro and the guy with the purple thing? I can't remember their names...
    The guy with the purple mohawk is Shinjiro Hayashida and the one with the afro is Noboru Yamaguchi.
  • 01-29-2006 | 01:37 AM
  • Big One
  • Yeah, I fell in love with the theme song too. It gives you a big "WTF?" moment when you see it, but that's what I love about it.

On another note, and this may seem pretty random, but there's a live-action Cromartie High School movie in Japan. Seriously, here's a pic of the DVD cover:

Here's a link to a place that's selling it: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIBF-353#

All I can say about this is: "What the f-ck?!"

Meh, this isn't nothing new, a lot of anime and manga are turned into live-action movies, in Japan. Though I don't know how they pulled off a Cromartie High School. :\
  • 01-29-2006 | 12:20 PM
  • Otaking
  • Yeah, I remember reading about a live action version of Cromartie. You can view the trailer here if you haven't already.
  • 01-29-2006 | 12:25 PM
  • Monkey D. Luffy
  • I have to admit it, the trailer was stupid.

Two reasons:
    1.)Most of the people don't look like the characters in the show
    2.)I couldn't understand it <_<
  • 01-29-2006 | 12:37 PM
  • Otaking
  • Quote:
    I have to admit it, the trailer was stupid.

Two reasons:
    1.)Most of the people don't look like the characters in the show
    2.)I couldn't understand it <_<
    1. Your never gonna find living actors who look like the manga/anime characters they are playing.

2. Seeing as how it is a trailer for a Japanese movie, it wouldn't come with subtitles.
  • 01-29-2006 | 12:49 PM
  • Monkey D. Luffy
  • Thats true.<_< I just wanted to see what they would do for Shinjiro Hayashida.

What about Cromartie High School? Aren't you going to review it?
  • 01-29-2006 | 06:22 PM
  • Otaking
  • Quote:
    What about Cromartie High School? Aren't you going to review it?
    I've only seen a few episodes of it. Been meaning to get the DVDs for the longest time. As for the movie, I'll just wait til a fansub does it before I watch it, or it gets released in the states.
  • 01-29-2006 | 08:40 PM
  • Monkey D. Luffy
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Otaking
    I've only seen a few episodes of it. Been meaning to get the DVDs for the longest time. As for the movie, I'll just wait til a fansub does it before I watch it, or it gets released in the states.
    Ah, freeloading, good choice!

Sorry, I forgot that there has only been acouple episodes on G4.<_<

Anyone like the theme song? The song that is being played in the opening credits.
  • 01-29-2006 | 09:21 PM
  • Otaking
  • Quote:
    Ah, freeloading, good choice!
    Not really. It's just that I refuse to buy bootlegs and buying a DVD directly from Japan means you have a 99% chance of not having English subtitles.

Normal Version Logout