Hulk Hogan 3 8.11%
The Rock 4 10.81%
Bret Hart 3 8.11%
Kane 2 5.41%
Big Show 1 2.70%
Kurt Angle 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2006, 05:22 PM
I luv teh pancake.
View Posts: 860
Re: WWE Discussion Thread

They all suck.

Just sweaty homosexuals/bisexuals looking for an excuse to tackle each other.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,293

^ I'd love to see you get in the ring and try to do what they do so perfectly. And by that, I mean watch your failure
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,288

I don't really care for wrestling that much anymore, though I have to say that I always loved the Undertaker. His whole character is just awesome, and he's a damn good wrestler in both terms of physical and the ability to act.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
LOL! No.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Whore
Send a message via Yahoo to Acid
View Posts: 3,721

So far here are the ranks:
1st. Undertaker
2nd. Bret Hart
3rd. Batista
4th. Hulk Hogan
4th. The Rock
4th. Kurt Angle

Everybody else seems to suck, but I was sure somebody would vote for Stone Cold

[Sig by Liah]

#25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 PM
10 years is here!!

And the wrestling word goes wild, Cena's no longer champ.

This is nuts. He won the Elimination Chamber, but as he celebrated, Vince came out and told him the night wasn't over yet. He says that a certain superstar is 'cashing in' tonight, and wouldn't ya know it, Edge comes out, and Vince declares a new WWE Championship match. Edge is in control the whole time, and he hits Cena with a spear. Cena kicks out at 2, the crowd boos. Edge hits him with another spear, and pins him 1, 2, 3.

Amazing
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I luv teh pancake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirren
^ I'd love to see you get in the ring and try to do what they do so perfectly.
You do konw none of it is real, right?

Quote:
And by that, I mean watch your failure
I have a funny feeling that if I was put in the ring with you, I would kick your ass.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-08-2006, 11:31 PM
10 years is here!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Elijah
You do konw none of it is real, right?
Yes, because it's just so easy to fake those knife-edge chops, clothelines and top-rope manuvers. And I suppose all the grapples are fake too? I forgot that the wrestlers alter gravity at the last split second to drop their opponents lighter than how they started to

Quote:
I have a funny feeling that if I was put in the ring with you, I would kick your ass.
I wish we had a laughing smile that didn't look as dumb as this one
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 12:24 AM
REEEE-DICULOUS!
View Posts: 2,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
They all suck.

Shh, if they know you're onto them, they'll stop.

I totally agree with Mirren. Professional Wrestling is scripted, and yes, the maves performed are usually designed to minimise the pain, but when a man is has 30 thumb tacs sticking in his face, you can be assured that it hurts.

Same goes for when you've just had somebodys hand slammed hard into your bare chest, it's going to sting like hell. Unless they have magical chests which glow red on demand, I'm pretty sure we can take it that they are feeling something .
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Darth_Phoenix Darth_Phoenix is a male United States Darth_Phoenix is offline
Dark Lord of Awesome
Send a message via ICQ to Darth_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to Darth_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Darth_Phoenix Send a message via Skype™ to Darth_Phoenix
View Posts: 1,502

First off, I'd like to say I'm suprised this is actually here. I'm totally into WWE also, it's just I didn't think I'd find a thread about it here. Anyways, I have to say, the whole Edge thing last night was stupid, Cena may be getting old, but there could've been better people to give the title to. At least somebody who was in the EC match!

My BA character
My Zelda fanfic/ All the TP trailers!
"It isn't easy being this awesome!
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082

I could miss the whole point by this statement, but wrestling to me is not supposed to be complete authnetic but the idea is just to invoke entertainment with the backstory and the actual matches, of course and that's it. I doubt that many people could preform the maneuvers that they do, even if they are designed to reduce the actual pain and such. I think they had to have gone through some degree of training, if not intensive levels of it to do the stuff. Well, I could mainly cite Rey Mysterio. I think that guy is awesome for pulling off all those counters, reversals, and high flying moves, along with his trademark move of sliding himself betwee the ropes and kicking. I think you should watch him some times.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,456

The Undertaker is so overrated. It's like the plot where he was assumed to be killed in a deadly car explosion at the end of Raw (or Smackdown I forgot) and then you would know that he would return. The commentator then went: "You can't kill what's already dead", I mean, come on, that dying idea was corny enough but that line was the worst.

Stone Cold was classic. He was the top in his days. It's sad to see him go and no one can match his uniqueness. The Undertaker didn't feel dynamic enough. He's too predictive.

WWE is going down the hill and you can see it. Quite a few good wrestlers left, a few were caught doing drugs and were fired, and the rest were all new wrestlers with boring moves and annoying personalities. I missed the old days of WWE.... Remember how the crowds chanted and were screaming at the top of their lungs at each Pay-Per-View events? Back in those days, those events were awesome. The hardcore matches were priceless. Now? Now you see a bunch of people on the side hardly chanting or yelling at all. You could see a match where people just didn't do anything as two wrestlers tried to out-wrestle each other. At times I asked my friends: "Are we watching one of those black and white silent movies or something?" The energy, the hype, the feeling, the atmosphere, were not there anymore.

It's going down the hill, WWE is going to die. I didn't bother watching the shows anymore.
Last Edited by Aerorian; 01-09-2006 at 08:41 PM. Reason:
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I luv teh pancake.

Quote:
Yes, because it's just so easy to fake those knife-edge chops, clothelines and top-rope manuvers. And I suppose all the grapples are fake too? I forgot that the wrestlers alter gravity at the last split second to drop their opponents lighter than how they started to
So are you saying that they actually let the audience in on affairs, cheating, and lying?

Yes, those rednecks do hurt each other, but it's all an orchestration.

Quote:
I wish we had a laughing smile that didn't look as dumb as this one
Oh pray tell what makes you so much stronger than me.

I work out, I go outside a lot, and I'll take karate (or maybe Tae Kwon Do) as soon as I find a good place to train.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
10 years is here!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf
It's going down the hill, WWE is going to die. I didn't bother watching the shows anymore.
I think that's going a little extreme. Their ratings are still through the roof. Granted, Smackdown's have been mediocre, but Smackdown's just a mediocre show in all.

But I agree with you about Undertaker being overrated, he's no where near the best physical wrestler in the business.

Quote:
So are you saying that they actually let the audience in on affairs, cheating, and lying?

Yes, those rednecks do hurt each other, but it's all an orchestration.
What the hell does that have anything to do with the statement of mine that you quoted...?

It's scripted, yes, we've established that. But the determination and athleticism is still there. You don't seem to grasp that the WWE is a business. If you don't perform well, you get in trouble. You either lose status in the company or on the show, you lose money, or you lose your job. And you also don't seem to understand that those guys love to do what they do out there, so they put their full strength into the matches.

Quote:
Oh pray tell what makes you so much stronger than me.

I work out, I go outside a lot, and I'll take karate (or maybe Tae Kwon Do) as soon as I find a good place to train.
No one gives a flying sh-t how 'tough' you are, because we're on an online messageboard, I, and everyone else here could care less about your physical strength. For all we know, you could be lying to make yourself sound stronger than you are and seem 'tougher' than someone two years older than you. Grow up.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Whore

I don't the undertaker is overrated. He has tremendus amount of strength (one time last rided the bigshow) and he has been in the business for almost 16 years. Yes, he is getting old but he still is awsome, but this thread is about how the system is, not in real life, because wwe is scripted. And Elijah,... shut up. And stop spamming my thread.
EDIT: Elijah, you are MY age and I can kick your ass. So how can you say you can beat professional wrestlers, when you can't even beat me?

[Sig by Liah]

Last Edited by Acid; 01-10-2006 at 01:49 PM. Reason:
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2006, 11:59 PM
ZU eats *****
View Posts: 626

I think Batista is the best wrestler just because the Batista Bomb looks like the most painful move is history! But the Undertaker is a close second.
And as for the Undertaker being overrated, He is just a crowd pleaser. It is scripted, so the writers give the audience what they want.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Whore

^If you think that the batista boms looks painful then I think you haven't seen the last ride.

[Sig by Liah]

#37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I luv teh pancake.

Quote:
No one gives a flying sh-t how 'tough' you are, because we're on an online messageboard, I, and everyone else here could care less about your physical strength. For all we know, you could be lying to make yourself sound stronger than you are and seem 'tougher' than someone two years older than you. Grow up.
I could say the same for you.

What were you even doing putting that smiley up? You might as well have put up a request for me to show how tough I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
EDIT: Elijah, you are MY age and I can kick your ass. So how can you say you can beat professional wrestlers, when you can't even beat me?
*sighs*

I said I bet I could beat Mirren, OK? I never mentioned taking on Hulk Hogan or anyone from WWE. Read it again.

So f*** off.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2006, 04:25 PM
10 years is here!!

Quote:
I could say the same for you.

What were you even doing putting that smiley up? You might as well have put up a request for me to show how tough I am.
You can't say the same for me, because I haven't spewed out filth like "I'ma beat you up 'cause I so strong and I work out!" That's you, my friend, just shut up with it already. No one knows you, hopefully no one on here ever will, and you can't prove any of it, anyways. I still don't believe you; I think you're just being a lying, bragging annoyance.

You don't provide any intelligence for this place, get out.

And I think most people know already, but what was said last night on Raw is true; RVD is to return at Royal Rumble. I'm very excited for it, because a couple months before, it was saying that he wouldn't come back until June. Very nice surprise.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2006, 04:45 PM
tryin' to hang out?
View Posts: 5,845

Quote:
You don't provide any intelligence for this place, get out.
Thank you very much.

Elijah, nobody cares about how tough you are or who's ass you can kick. Grow up or leave, simple as that.

I am not sure who to pick, but I think that a lot of the wrestlers up there are not even close to being worthy enough for the title of "the best."

Out of the ones you listed I am going to pick Hulk Hogan, simply because he put on, in my opinion, the best matches I have ever seen. Nobody could make the audience love them more than Hogan could. He was, in short, a god. And hey, he wasn't too bad of a wrestler too.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Darth_Phoenix Darth_Phoenix is a male United States Darth_Phoenix is offline
Dark Lord of Awesome
Send a message via ICQ to Darth_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to Darth_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Darth_Phoenix Send a message via Skype™ to Darth_Phoenix
View Posts: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf

WWE is going down the hill and you can see it. Quite a few good wrestlers left, a few were caught doing drugs and were fired, and the rest were all new wrestlers with boring moves and annoying personalities. I missed the old days of WWE.... Remember how the crowds chanted and were screaming at the top of their lungs at each Pay-Per-View events? Back in those days, those events were awesome. The hardcore matches were priceless. Now? Now you see a bunch of people on the side hardly chanting or yelling at all. You could see a match where people just didn't do anything as two wrestlers tried to out-wrestle each other. At times I asked my friends: "Are we watching one of those black and white silent movies or something?" The energy, the hype, the feeling, the atmosphere, were not there anymore.
I've noticed all that too. I'm starting to wonder if WWE's gonna go the way of WCW. But I think we can all be assured VM is never gonna sell out to TNA. They couldn't afford WWE anyways.

My BA character
My Zelda fanfic/ All the TP trailers!
"It isn't easy being this awesome!
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, thread, wwe