Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Multigrain Canada Multigrain is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Multigrain
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Truro, NS, Canada
View Posts: 8
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Originally Posted by The Outcast
"Actually, AF stands for After Future. But you are right, AF is fan based. Made by fans, for fans. There will be no more official Dragonball series. Sad. Looks like all DB fans have nothing left except the Budokai games and the upcoming Budokai Tenkaichi."

No, DBAF stands for Dragonball: After Funimation. Funimation being the company in Japan who brought the series to television. Kids on the net made up this rumour and it sparked.
__________________
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - AE

Adopted by Pyroth
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 03:16 PM
KingSkullkid United_States KingSkullkid is offline
Ronin
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The dark dojo...
View Posts: 396
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Somebody said DB:AF is a fan comic....If someone posts a link I'll shut up.......
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Big One Big One is a male United States Big One is offline
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 6,276
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSkullkid
Somebody said DB:AF is a fan comic....If someone posts a link I'll shut up.......
Don't read it. It sucks monkey ass, it will send your eyes to Hell so they will burn for eternity.
__________________
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 10:25 AM
KingSkullkid United_States KingSkullkid is offline
Ronin
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The dark dojo...
View Posts: 396
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

.........please post a link......please.......I need to read it......please......
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
shad0w Australia shad0w is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: back fr0m h3ll aga1n...
View Posts: 44
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

I've read it. go to saiyanisland.com it's on there.
__________________
*doesmannerism* \/\/007!!1!!
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
KingSkullkid United_States KingSkullkid is offline
Ronin
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The dark dojo...
View Posts: 396
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Thanks a million shad0w!!!
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 01:09 PM
shad0w Australia shad0w is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: back fr0m h3ll aga1n...
View Posts: 44
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

No problem glad to help. It's acually not that bad, for fan written stories.
__________________
*doesmannerism* \/\/007!!1!!
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Tigerboi Tigerboi is a male United States Tigerboi is offline
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
Join Date: Jul 2004
View Posts: 5,061
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

1. I once was a DB fan.

2. As I got older I realized how much it sucked.

3. There have been rumors of a new DB seriees for about eight years. Remarkably enough, people keep falling for it.

4. The DB series ended. Accept it.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Otaking United_States Otaking is offline
a/s/l
Send a message via AIM to Otaking Send a message via Yahoo to Otaking
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Garden City, Georgia
View Posts: 2,509
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multigrain
Originally Posted by The Funimation being the company in America who brought the series to television
Fixed


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
3. There have been rumors of a new DB seriees for about eight years. Remarkably enough, people keep falling for it.
You should see the ones people fall for about Fruits Basket and Berserk. Man its mind numbing how stupid some anime fans are.
__________________
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Big One Big One is a male United States Big One is offline
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 6,276
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
2. As I got older I realized how much it sucked.
I can fight that quote. Truthfully the reason why most people think DBZ sucks, in America, is because the original DBZ dub sucked balls. But the DB dub was pretty well done and FUNimation re-dubbed DBZ Season 1 and 2 (And the first episode of Season 3.) very well because the translations were better and it was full blown uncut, with strong violence and mild language. But in a whole, the DB (DBZ) manga is way better than the DB (DBZ) anime. :\
__________________
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Tigerboi Tigerboi is a male United States Tigerboi is offline
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
Join Date: Jul 2004
View Posts: 5,061
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

I really hate it when Otakus do what you just did.


Regardless of what language it's in or what's edited and what isn't, it's still the same show with the same story. The comic? Yeah, same story. And I don't like that story.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Big One Big One is a male United States Big One is offline
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 6,276
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
I really hate it when Otakus do what you just did.
Seriously, dude, I'm not a otaku. The only true otaku is the Otaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
Regardless of what language it's in or what's edited and what isn't, it's still the same show with the same story.
Actually, you're wrong! The story was twisted and vital parts were taken out just to please the American audience. Dialogue was dubbed into something totally different than the original dialogue in the old dub of DBZ. In the new dub it was dubbed like it should of in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
The comic? Yeah, same story. And I don't like that story.
What's wrong with the story? Oh right, all stories have to have a complex plot that makes you think. ;\
__________________
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:05 PM
.Hog .Hog is a male United States .Hog is offline
Most everyone's mad here.
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 2,267
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

^Cheers to that.
__________________
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Tigerboi Tigerboi is a male United States Tigerboi is offline
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
Join Date: Jul 2004
View Posts: 5,061
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Oh dear god.

Dude, I was a huge DBZ fan. I've seen both the jap and american versions. Trust me, there were now "vital" parts of the story taken out in the translation. If so, I would like you to name one. The only thing they cut out of the U.S. version was this stupid episode with Gohan building a robot in the saiyan saga. And seeing as the story moved on without that, it wasn't at all vital.

And what's wrong with the story? DOES a story have to be complex and make you think to be good? No. Infact, thinking is exactly what I found wrong with the DB story. There were so many contradictions and poorly explained events that it was absurd. However, please don't debate this because I REALLY don't feel like going into all that.

The reason I hate DB has nothing to do with the translation. Get over it.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Big One Big One is a male United States Big One is offline
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 6,276
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
Dude, I was a huge DBZ fan. I've seen both the jap and american versions. Trust me, there were now "vital" parts of the story taken out in the translation. If so, I would like you to name one. The only thing they cut out of the U.S. version was this stupid episode with Gohan building a robot in the saiyan saga. And seeing as the story moved on without that, it wasn't at all vital.
If you really saw both the jap. and english version of DBZ then you would know that major parts and dialogue were changed. FE: The first episode of the english DBZ dub was pathetically cut to something that was totally different from the original version.

Also, most of the Namek Saga was edited to make it shorter and more suitable for American audiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
And what's wrong with the story? DOES a story have to be complex and make you think to be good? No. Infact, thinking is exactly what I found wrong with the DB story. There were so many contradictions and poorly explained events that it was absurd. However, please don't debate this because I REALLY don't feel like going into all that.
In the dub yes, but in the original version no. Let's look at the whole set of Buu Sagas. When Majin Buu change into Kid Buu, FUNimation dubbed it to seem like Kid Buu was the strongest of Buu's form. Though if you clearly watch it, then you would know that isn't true and FUNimation made a contridiction. I can name some other mistakes by FUNimation, like most of the story of the Android Saga, but I really can't list them because there is so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
The reason I hate DB has nothing to do with the translation. Get over it.
Well apparentlly, it does.
__________________
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Tigerboi Tigerboi is a male United States Tigerboi is offline
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
Join Date: Jul 2004
View Posts: 5,061
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

I HAVEN'T EVEN ELABORATED AS TO WHY I DON'T LIKE IT. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Ok, fine, listen carefully:

End of the frieza Saga, when Frieza destroyed namek in a desperate attempt to beat Goku, he figured it would work because Saiyans can't breath in space. Wait, since when?

In the Bardock movie (which unlike the mosty movies, was actually a part of the timeline) bardock FLEW INTO OUTSPACE. Am I wrong? Did Bardock only do that in the dub? No. More examples:

The thing with the sayian tails was so poorly explained it was funny. In DB when goku lost his tail it usually grew back, right? Why it did to begin with was never actually explained. By anyone, but check this out:

Why did it out of nowhere just STOP growing back? Some other DBZ came up with the theory that maybe they stop growing back when you reach a certain age. If that's the case, why did Goten and Trunks NEVER HAVE TAILS? And no, funimation played no part in this contradiction.

There are more, lots more, but let's move onto the actual reason why I dislike DBZ:

The whole concept, the idea....I just find it really dumb. Dragon ball is a martail arts anime right? If so why does it feature no real winning tactics other than "BE STRONGER THAN THIS GUY. LOLZ" the sagas are extremly long drawn out and the fight scenes use the same damn basic effects all the time. How many times exactly did we see that same effect in which a large attack creates a dust cloud? A cloud that leads the attacker to beleive the victim to be dead...but they NEVER ARE. They're always standing with thier arms folded after the dust cloud with some smug look on thier face. There's more reasons, but I don't feel like going into them. I don't like Dragon ball. Get over it.
Last Edited by Tigerboi; 11-01-2005 at 05:39 PM. Reason:
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Ninboy Australia Ninboy is offline
space travel is boring
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
View Posts: 2,073
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

There is a real life Dragon Ball movie that looks funny, I think I would like to see more DB one day.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Big One Big One is a male United States Big One is offline
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 6,276
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
I HAVEN'T EVEN ELABORATED AS TO WHY I DON'T LIKE IT.
Really? Then why did you give reasons of why you didn't like it? :O That sounds like you elaborated your reasons to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
What are you talking about? I questioned your reasons, that you listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninboy
There is a real life Dragon Ball movie that looks funny, I think I would like to see more DB one day.
Actually, I think that's fake, or a rumor.
__________________
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Ninboy Australia Ninboy is offline
space travel is boring
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
View Posts: 2,073
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ganon
Really? Then why did you give reasons of why you didn't like it? :O That sounds like you elaborated your reasons to me.

What are you talking about? I questioned your reasons, that you listed.

Actually, I think that's fake, or a rumor.
Ahhhh, you'd be suprised as it is real, it is actually based of the DB series with names and everything.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:39 PM
cdx75xmx cdx75xmx is offline
Self-kicking Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Paradise valley, AZ
View Posts: 357
Re: New Dragon Ball Series!?

Ugh.., its a really ****** chinese film based very loosely off the series.
__________________
CDX75XMX



Im the one in the middle, get it? EVERY OF TEH ONES IS OUT TO GET MEH!!!111oneone11!!!1!11!!!ROFLMAOLOLOLOL!!11!
Closed Thread

Tags
ball, dragon, series


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -