Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Steam ID: sikora002
View Posts: 6,528
Beats by Dr. Dre

I'm getting the TOUR In-Ear headphones on Monday (I'm paying FAR less for it though)and i'm very excited

Do you have any Beats products?
Is it right for you?
Last Edited by Sikora; 06-16-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 AM
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
View Posts: 1,883
Re: Beats by Dr. Dre

I hope you realize that Beats By Dre is a line of incredibly subpar products that only sells because it markets itself as hip and edgy and the cool new thing all the kids are talking about.

Kind of like Apple products, really.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
I hope you realize that Beats By Dre is a line of incredibly subpar products that only sells because it markets itself as hip and edgy and the cool new thing all the kids are talking about.

Kind of like Apple products, really.
Yep, i do realize that. I could get the parts for Tours and it would be like $50.

That's why i'm not paying full price.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 05:29 AM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,496

I have the Solo headset. The sound is fantastic and it looks awesome as well. I really don't understand all the complaints from people about Beats. Might be a bit overpriced, but that's about it.
1 person liked this post: Sikora
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,787

Dr Dre Beats are the crappiest, most overpriced line of "audiophile" products to have ever hit the mainstream market since Skullcandy. Overly punchy bass and flashy plastic does not equate to high quality ear/headphones.

You guys need to do yourselves a really big favor and look into some much better brands like Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, MKG, Beyerdynamic, and Denon. Same price, much much higher quality sound. The difference will be night and day.
Last Edited by Xeno; 06-16-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: RobertStyx, Snow_Storm
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 AM
/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is a male Central African Republic /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
View Posts: 1,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Dr Dre Beats are the crappiest, most overpriced line of "audiophile" products to have ever hit the mainstream market since Skullcandy. Overly punchy bass and flashy plastic does not equate to high quality ear/headphones.

You guys need to do yourselves a really big favor and look into some much better brands like Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, MKG, Beyerdynamic, and Denon. Same price, much much higher quality sound. The difference will be night and day.
So you've owned and listened to every type of Dr. Dre headphones and earphones? As well as every pair of Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, MKG, Beyerdynamic, and Denon earphones or headphones? You can't made judgements like that in regard to a product without actually owning a pair instead of listening to a friend's pair or trying them out in a shop.

I've got a pair of Solo HDs at the moment and they are arguably better then the Bose AE2s and the Sennheiser HD 205-IIs I've previously owned. The quality of sound is much better and the plastic isn't flashy at all, in fact one of the reason I like them is because they look much more subtle then others I have owned over the years.

However I'd agree with you on the SkullCandy front, I had a pair of the Titan Earbuds which were just awful, they were uncomfortable and offered very little in terms quality. They ended up breaking one or two months after the purchase. I've steered clear of them since.
Last Edited by /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY; 06-16-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Sikora
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 14,856

I've got studios and aside from how stupid they look, I love them to death.
They sound fantastic.
I got them for $100 when I got them. I don't care if they're hipster, the best thing on the market or whatever. I'm not paying 250 for headphones. Ever.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,465

You got "Beats by Dr. Dre"?

You must know all about audio engineering and sound quality.

The affluenza made me do it
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
So you've owned and listened to every type of Dr. Dre headphones and earphones? As well as every pair of Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, MKG, Beyerdynamic, and Denon earphones or headphones? You can't made judgements like that in regard to a product without actually owning a pair instead of listening to a friend's pair or trying them out in a shop.
There really is no comparison. I've listened to all sort of headphones over there years - both personally owned and borrowed. I also used to work at a Guitar Center for a little while, so I had time to listen to all the different ones they sell. I'm no expert when it comes to headphones, but I know enough to know that with companies like Bose, Dr Dre, Skullcandy, etc., the only thing you're paying for is the brand label.

Quote:
I've got a pair of Solo HDs at the moment and they are arguably better then the Bose AE2s and the Sennheiser HD 205-IIs I've previously owned. The quality of sound is much better and the plastic isn't flashy at all, in fact one of the reason I like them is because they look much more subtle then others I have owned over the years.
-Beats Solo HD - $175
-Bose AE2 - $125
-Sennhesier HD 205-II - $55

Of course the Beats will sound a bit better - you're paying top dollar. But that doesn't mean the $175 Beats will beat a $175 Sennheiser. Not by a long shot.

If you put the same $175 into a pair of Sennhesier cans or one of the other brands I mentioned, your money would have been much better spent. But it's your money, and only you can do what you want with it.
Last Edited by Xeno; 06-16-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,499

If I'm dropping serious money on headphones, I go Sennheiser every time. But I burn through the suckers at an alarming rate, so I usually stick to pretty middle-of-the-road ones to keep expenses down.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 PM

You could go more expensive with them, buy a warranty, and by your third or fourth pair, they've paid for themselves.

Or go with a cheaper model and keep re buying. In the end, it comes to about the same $ spent.

Can't wait till my Beats break on me. Haha.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Tokiwadai's Ace
Send a message via Skype™ to MotokoChill
Steam ID: MotokoChill
View Posts: 1,427

I have sennheiser headphones for actually making beats. I wouldn't get some of those dr dre headphones though..
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
You could go more expensive with them, buy a warranty, and by your third or fourth pair, they've paid for themselves.

Or go with a cheaper model and keep re buying. In the end, it comes to about the same $ spent.

Can't wait till my Beats break on me. Haha.
It all depends on the care put into them. Pinkie Pie's been using a $30 headset for a year without any technical problems.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 01:33 AM

I bought headphones made by Sennheiser a month or two ago. They hurt my ears so i wear a beanie underneath to soften it.

So why am I buying beats ear phones? So i can listen to music in public.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Tokiwadai's Ace
Send a message via Skype™ to MotokoChill
Steam ID: MotokoChill
View Posts: 1,427

Just no..

I will stick with my sennheiser's.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Beats are going to suck pretty damn hard once Monster drops Dr. Dre and start making their own headphones.
Which won't be too much longer from now, from what I've heard.

And you could have posted this in the other Beats thread that you had already posted in. Just so you know.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
galloping abs
View Posts: 7,810

I remember seeing a comparison of in ear ones and the standard apple headphones with apple winning in every category. I'll try and track it down.

If you are planning on just using them to play an ipod you should know that all music out of and ipod is incapable of sounding better than 128/192kbps (can't remember which) regardless of the actual songs quality. So it's not going to make a big difference of what you use because it all sound ehh.

Sig by Caleb