If anyone uses iTunes to organize their music, in your library you can select the column "plays" and it tells you how many times you've listened to said song since you put it on your library or iPod. I'm not to sure how this works for other programs, but let's share our most played songs that we listen to (give top 10), and maybe sum up in your own thoughts, why these songs are mostly played.
Here are mine:
1. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden (520 plays)
2. Hallelujah by Celtic Thunder (459 plays)
3. Hero by Mariah Carey (452 plays)
4. Here I Am by Bryan Adams (408 plays)
5. To the Moon and Back by Savage Garden (405 plays)
6. Don't Wake Me When It's Over by Lifehouse (396 plays)
7. Follow Me by Uncle Kracker (381 plays)
8. Hallelujah by Il Divo (331 plays)
9. Everything by Lifehouse (328 plays)
10. All In by Lifehouse (328 plays)
So gathering these, and to sum things up in short, I'm a softy at heart. I like emotional, and moving songs that speak from the heart. Lately I've been listening to the song Everything by Lifehouse like non-stop. Lifehouse is definitely one of my favourite groups.
I'll use my last.fm, since my computer media player hasn't been recording my plays for as long as my last.fm has, and it also has been scrobbling my mobile plays for a year or so now. It'll also allow me to include other dorky stuff like the first and last time I played each respective track, etc.
All that said, it's pretty interesting that in almost five years of playing I still haven't listened to one single song over 100 times.
1. As Tall as Lions - Love, Love, Love (Love, Love) - 74
(F: Dec 2007 L: Apr 2012)
2. Farewell Continental - A Story from the Bottom of the Sea - 65
(F: May 2011 L: Dec 2011)
3. mewithoutYou - Paper Hanger - 63
(F: Jan 2008 L: Mar 2012)
4. As Tall as Lions - Song for Luna - 63
(F: Jul 2008 L: Apr 2012)
5. mewithoutYou - O, Porcupine - 62
(F: Dec 2007 L: Mar 2012)
6. Jamie T - British Intelligence - 61
(F: Dec 2009 L: May 2012)
7. mewithoutYou - In a Sweater Poorly Knit - 60
(F: Dec 2007 L: Mar 2012)
8. As Tall as Lions - Be Here Now - 59
(F: Feb 2008 L: Apr 2012)
9. As Tall as Lions - Where Do I Stand? - 59
(F: Jan 2008 L: Apr 2012)
10. mewithoutYou - The Fox, the Crow and the Cookie - 59
(F: May 2009 L: Apr 2012)
Aye different results with Last.Fm (since that scrobbles the music i listen to on my iPod and in my car)
MSTRKRFT – Heartbreaker - 415
Alexisonfire – No Transitory - 353
Foals – Cassius - 295
Gregory And The Hawk – in fact (the carousel remix) - 262
Incubus – Drive - 256
Lisa Mitchell – Neopolitan Dreams - 253
Metronomy – Black Eye/Burnt Thumb - 247
For The Fallen Dreams – Bottom Feeders -244
Telefon Tel Aviv – The Birds - 237
Gregory And The Hawk – fin song 8 (orange river remix) -222
Ever since my old computer gave out, I had to start over with iTunes, and I couldn't even restore my music files. Good thing I still have my iPod. All the top plays below are in order according to my iPod. It's been over a year since I listened to some of these, and I don't remember listening to them that many times.
10) TobyMac - Burn For You; 232
9) Skillet - Those Nights; 252
8) Relient K - The Best Thing; 257
7) Koji Kondo - Surrounded By Flames [from TP]; 318
6) Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow (why did I even listen to this?); 342
5) Skillet - Never Surrender; 399
4) Skillet - You Are My Hope; 628
3) Relient K - Let It All Out; 842
2) Plain White Tees - 1,2,3,4; 1310
1) Skillet - Monster; 1855
P.S. Skillet and Relient K were my original favorite bands. They practically got me interested in music. I started out with my love for rock and alternative, and then my roots began to spread out more as I developed more tastes in music. I'm glad to have more than one song from them in my top ten most played.
I have adopted A_LINK_IN_TIME...so don't mess with my boy.
Thanks to Caleb for my old one
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4;13
I Would Do Anything - Killswitch Engage (51 plays)
Welcome to the Family - Avenged Sevenfold (48 plays)
City Lights - Motionless In White (43 plays)
This Is Exile - Whitechapel (43 plays)
To All That Are Dead - Whitechapel (42 plays)
Immaculate Misconception - Motionless In White (40 plays)
Lucy - Skillet (40 plays)
Creatures - Motionless In White (39 plays)
Surprisingly, the only band on this list that I listen to consistently atm is Motionless In White, and if I'm in the mood for it, Pierce the Veil. MIW is a huge influence on my band, so I guess that's why there's a lot of them in this list.
I was gonna post my most played tracks from the last 12 months, but it's nearly all Bon Iver's self-titled album, so. And then I was gonna post from the last 6 months, BUT THAT'S ALMOST ALL BON IVER TOO (difference is the top played track is Alex Day's "Jack & Coke").
Instead, I'm just going to go down my top-played over all with a song per artist:
01. You, Me, and Everyone We Know - "Bootstraps" (I played the hell out of this when it was first released. Even more when the album dropped. Noooot so much anymore. Got a lot of plays because it helped me get through some ♥♥♥♥, though.)
03. Teddy Geiger - "Lie Tonight"
08. Regina Spektor - "Us" (One of my favorite songs.)
11. Portugal. The Man - "The Dead Dog" (American Ghetto may be my favorite Portugal album. The first single gets top plays because I listened to it a lot while hyping the record.)
12. Motion City Soundtrack - "Her Words Destroyed My Planet"
15. Spoon - "I Summon You" (One of my favorite songs.)
15. The Canon Logic - "Delia"
21. The Mountain Goats "This Year" (This is one of my favorite songs.)
24. fun. - "Be Calm" (One of my favorites.)
25. Bon Iver - "Towers"
I can't say for certain, as I stopped using Last.fm sometime in December when I switched from iTunes to Foobar. As far as I'm aware, I'd have to downgrade to get a compatable version so I never bothered
however, I can share what it was as of then and estimate how it's changed?
The Clash at Demonhead – Black Sheep - 46
Hell Or Highwater – Gimme Love - 44
The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die - 36
Fall Out Boy – I Don't Care (Machine Shop Remix) - 35
Fall Out Boy – I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You) - 34
Hell Or Highwater – Come Alive - 34
Fall Out Boy – 27 - 33
Fall Out Boy – Dance, Dance - 32
Fall Out Boy – This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race - 32
Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" - 31
Hell Or Highwater – Hail Mary! - 31
okay so I don't listen to FoB anywhere near as much as I used to. Hell or Highwater would probably still be pretty high up, but Atreyu would have at least one or two songs up there. Rush and Motion City Soundtrack would probably have gotten there too, as well as Van Halen. I briefly got back into them when they released their new album, and listened to them for like 2 weeks straight. All Time Low would probably have one or two songs up there too.
This is an old list. I haven't listened to my iTunes in such a long time. I just use my Ipod wherever I am at. So this is not accurate. Lately, I have been listening to a lot of Dub-step. Idk why I have just been in a dub-step mood.
The Script- Before the worst - 136
Black Eyed Peas- Just can't get enough - 117
Cee Lo Green- ♥♥♥♥ You - 90
Tinie Tempah- Written in the Stars 78
The Downtown Fiction- I just wanna run - 56
Lupe Fiasco- The Show Goes on - 44
Michael Jackson- Hold my Hand (Duet with Akon) - 34
Bruno Mars- The Lazy Song - 33
Nicki Minaj- Super Bass - 28
Christina Perri- Jar of Hearts - 26
Plain White T's- Rhythm of Love - 24
Kesha- Blow - 22
Colbie Caillat- I Never Told You - 17
Dr. Dre- I Need a Doctor - 17
Jessie J- Price Tag - 17
Kid Cudi- Pursuit of Happiness - 16
Far East Movement- Rocketeer - 15
Stereo Skyline- A Little More us - 15
Travie McCoy- We'll be Alright - 13
All Time Low- Break Your Little Heart - 10
Katy Perry- E.T - 10
Rihanna- S&M - 10
All Star Weekend- Dance Forever - 9
Pitbull- Give Me Everything - 9
Adam Lambert- If I Had You - 8
If I had a recent one you would see Skrillex and Deadmau5. As well as a bunch of new songs.
iTunes isn't a very accurate means of telling my top played songs since I usually delete the songs once I have them transferred to my iPod and saved. But I'll try to list what I consider to be the top songs I tend to play to death.
1. Opposition Resignation - Eternal Sonata (Motoi Sakuraba) 2024
Just to let everyone know, I listen to a LOT of RPG music, and many japanese music. Out of all my songs, I didn't think this one would be the most played, lol, I listen to it a lot.
2.Shiseru Monotachi no Monogatari -Istoria - Sound Horizon 1893
Japanese band, lead by Revo. Found out about them a little more than a year ago, youtubing Motoi Sakuraba (VG composer), most recent videos, Sound Horizon sounded interesting, LOVE THEM.
3. Maybe I'm a Lion - The Black Mages 1881
FFVIII song done perfectly by the Black Mages, the original wasn't too bad, this one is freaking amazing. LOVE THE SOLO.
4. Feel My Blade - FFIX (Nobuo Uematsu) 1747
FFIX most underrated song, and is only played once, if I am not mistaken. I love RPG battle themes, this one, WOW
5. Deceitful Wings - Atelier Iris 1727
Haven't played the game, youtubed it to listen to the songs, this one in particular is my favorite.
6. Meiou - Thanatos - Sound Horizon 1634
Another SH song, off of the album Moira, one of my favorite albums EVER, seriously.
7. Don't Forget Me - Red Hot Chili Peppers 1477
I never thought this one would be my most played by them, love the Slane version better.
8. The Unforgiven - Metallica 1177
I love Metallica, once I heard this, I wanted to learn it on guitar.
9. Be Calm - fun. 1105
First song I heard from them, it was different than man other songs I listen to.
10. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen 872
What is there to say about this song, it's simply amazing
15. Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - 114 plays
14. Lisa Mitchell - Neopolitan Dreams - 115 plays
13. Porcupine Tree - Trains - 119 plays
12. Led Zeppelin - Thank You - 120 plays
11. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven - 121 plays
10. Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er - 124 plays
9. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - 125 plays
8. Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song - 128 plays
7. She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? - 129 plays
6. She & Him - Sentimental Heart -131 plays
5. Green Day - Macy's Day Parade - 133 plays
4. Rage Against the Machine - Take The Power Back - 135 plays
3. The Wingless & Vigilante - Final Exam - 156 plays
2. Led Zeppelin - Over The Hills and Far Away - 276 plays
1. Billy Joel - Tomorrow is Today - 337 plays
Last 12 months:
15. Sol - War Party - 50 plays
14 & 13. Porcupine Tree - Lazarus & Russia on Ice - 50 plays each
12.Sol - This ♥♥♥♥ - 52 plays
11. Dum Dum Girls - Coming Down - 53 Plays
10. Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers pt. 1 - 53 plays
9. Opeth - Hours of Wealth - 55 plays
8. Porcupine Tree - Rest Will Flow - 58 plays
7. Porcupine Tree - Shesmovedon - 61 plays
6. Porcupine Tree - A Smart Kid - 63 plays
5. Porcupine Tree - Where We Would Be - 64 plays
4. Porcupine Tree - Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth Before it is Recyled - 72 plays
3. Portugal. the Man - Sleep Forever - 75 plays
2. Porcupine Tree - Feel So Low - 103 plays
1. Porcupine Tree - Trains - 119 plays
Can you tell I like porcupine tree? and Led Zeppelin?