Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Steam ID: TheFlyingDaywalker
View Posts: 1,320
The Legend of Korra - Book 4 debuts Oct. 3rd!

Quote:
Taking place 70 years after the events of "Avatar: The Last Airbender," this story follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City - a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.
The Cast:
Quote:
Janet Varney as KORRA

Kiernan Shipka as JINORA

Daniel Dae Kim as HIROSHI SATO

David Faustino as MAKO

Seychelle Gabriel as ASAMI

Lance Henriksen as LIEUTENANT

P.J. Byrne as BOLIN

JK Simmons as TENZIN

The next series in the Avatar saga will be further revealed this saturday at SDCC, and today these paintings went on sale at the Nick booth:

I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.
Last Edited by Soli; 04-02-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,439
Re: The Legend of Korra - Book 4 debuts Oct. 3rd!

Looks pretty cool. I'll have to watch it some time. I always loved Avatar; it had such an interesting premise. This iteration seems no different. In a good way, that is.
Last Edited by Zeal; 07-21-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
FOOL!
Steam ID: Pandora216
View Posts: 563

Oh man i can't wait for this, i wonder what Aangs son is going to be like personality wise. Oh and yes steampunk. That pic is also epic.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora21 View Post
I wonder what Aangs son is going to be like personality wise.
Well, considering that he's being played by J.K. Simmons, he's probably going to be like this:

Spoiler:  
Last Edited by Soli; 07-21-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Karnella
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,516

Shes got a giant bear poochess! Awesome!
Ive been waiting for this for some time. I wonder when it will begin airing...

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
1 person liked this post: Pretendo
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus View Post
Well, considering that he's being played by J.K. Simmons, he's probably going to be like this:

Spoiler:  
well he might be very grouchy or something, which is hard to see, seeing as its Aangs son. now i really want to see what Tenzins character is like.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM
To Life, Love and Loot.
Send a message via Skype™ to Postman
Steam ID: ebnhawk
View Posts: 6,784

I'm excited but I'm also kind of nervous because I won't be use to not seeing Aang or any of the other characters from Last Airbender, so I'm not sure if I will like it. But it definitely looks worth it.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Imagine chewing bubblegum with your butthole
Send a message via Skype™ to Sólsetur
Steam ID: solseturs

View Posts: 12,174

I'm excited, but doubtful about it as well.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was good, because it was dark enough to have a good story, yet the humor remained light and they never even killed anyone in it. Not only that, but Aang's personality fit the story line it had.

If this one will be anything like the last, the new Avatar would need to have the same personality as Aang- which I dislike- have some of the same humor- which would also be bad- and still remain dark, with the light aspects to the story.

It's not the I'm afraid of the show, I'm afraid it will be ruined by trying to follow the same pattern the The Last Airbender did; if they mix it up, I'll be happy. I'm worried that they won't mix it up, though, and it'll be too much like The Last Airbender, but done in a wrong way.

The storyline seems pretty interesting, though; Avatar taking on rebellion. I'm curious to know who will help Korra, and the approach she takes to ending the rebellion. Will she kill the leader? Who knows? This is another point I'm worried about. If they try to do the same dark/light mix they had going in TLA, they'd most likely mess it up in the ending. I mean, it's not like she can take away the person's bending. Then there's the entire rebellion to deal with? I'm hoping they find some way to end it without any deaths (on screen, anyways). If they have a different approach to the story, though... Hell yeah, kill everyone. I don't care.

I'm curious to know how Aang's son will play a role in all of this; besides being the Avatar's airbending teacher, of course. So, that may be interesting; especially if he has a similar personality to Aang's.

Oh... and then there's the humor a character like Sokka will bring to the table. If they don't have a character like Sokka, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

Because that dude with hilarious.

Then... there's the possibility of another movie...

[11:32:44 PM] jordan: AM I THE WHY OF THE THINGS OR AM THE THINGS THE WHY OF I

2 people liked this post: Dovakiin, Orangy
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM
MrBaconsock, Totakeke
View Posts: 2,544

Look at that Polar Bear Dog. Look at it.

EDIT: Also, regarding how the story will be, I think it will definitely be very different from Avatar: The Last Airbender. ATLA was a road trip kind of thing, where as Korra seems to all take place in one centralized location. I reckon it will have a sort of 'superhero' theme with Korra acting like some kind of vigilantly fighting crime in Republic city.
Last Edited by War Machine; 07-21-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
FOOL!

Also all the episode are written by DiMartino and Konietzko, so that it has a tighter story. And yeah Polor bear Dog looks awesome.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,516

Quote:
they never even killed anyone in it.
Ohhh thats a big lie. Death was present. Yes, none of the MAJOR characters died that i can recall but there was death in it. Poor Jet.

I wonder if we'll see other descendants of Avatar characters? Zuko and Mai's child perhaps? (all grown up of course and maybe even a grandparent!) As long as an Iroh-esque character is present, im all for it!

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
2 people liked this post: Dovakiin, Pretendo
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
Ohhh thats a big lie. Death was present. Yes, none of the MAJOR characters died that i can recall but there was death in it. Poor Jet.
Yes, I know death was present. It's just that it wasn't very obvious (other than Jet) it wasn't really attack to kill. It was mostly capturing troops, or defending themselves. Most of the time it looked like they were just knocking people out, too.

Quote:
I wonder if we'll see other descendants of Avatar characters? Zuko and Mai's child perhaps? (all grown up of course and maybe even a grandparent!) As long as an Iroh-esque character is present, im all for it!
I think there was quote somewhere that implied seeing descendants of the other characters. (I'd have to find it, of course.) Of course they'd be mentioned, though; Zuko and Mai's child would be Fire Lord.

I think there was something about an older version of Katara, as well. (Even if she wasn't my favorite character.) Again, I'll have to look for this.

Oh, and yes. We always need an Iroh-esque character. He was amazing; even better if Zuko turned out to be the Iroh-esque character. It'd be weird, but cool.

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Title Card:

I'm really peeved that they're calling it "The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra." It doesn't even make sense as a title, and it rolls off the tounge like a thirsty leech. Curse you James Cameron!
Last Edited by Soli; 07-21-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Title Card:

I'm really peeved that they're calling it "The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra." It doesn't even make sense as a title, and it rolls off the tounge like a thirsty leech. Curse you James Cameron!
What the hell? Technically, AANG was the last airbender. Not, Korra. Stick with the title Avatar, people. Unless Aang's son is the new main character, and we've been led in the wrong direction this entire time. >_>

I'm peeved as well.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Red Lotus
Steam ID: Pretendo7182 Wii U ID: Pretendo 3DS ID: 4511-0664-6397
View Posts: 2,516

Quote:
Title Card:

WTF. This makes NO SENSE whatsoever.

I read somewhere that Korra is daughter of Suki and Sokka, who knows.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 01:03 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,202

Should've been "Avatar: Legend of Korra"

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
8 people liked this post: Dovakiin, Hoopy Frood, Melody, Pacem, Pretendo, Soli, Sólsetur, stella96
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretendo View Post
I read somewhere that Korra is daughter of Suki and Sokka, who knows.
She does look like them, if you look hard.

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Sage of Wisdom

Fan art? Well, that was fast.

Y'know, after that abomination of a movie you would think that they would have tried to keep the words "the last airbender" out of the title. People outside of the fanbase will tie this to the movie instead of the show, which could hurt the show's ratings.

Edit: Also, I want a plushie of that polar bear dog. NOW!
Last Edited by Soli; 07-22-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Dovakiin
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Kaiser Conman21100 Kaiser Conman21100 is a male Prussia Kaiser Conman21100 is offline
Für Ihren Gott, dein Kaiser und das Vaterland!
View Posts: 2,022

I have been waiting too long for this! I can't wait to see the way they have changed the world of Avatar to be like Steampunk and 1920's America got married and had a baby! THE MECHANIST WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! And just so everyone know...I just peed a little..
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 AM
*ahem*
View Posts: 1,165

The reason the title is so dumb (for those who don't know) is because Shyamawhatever and Cameron got into some sort of legal thing about the titles of their movies (Avatar and Avatar: The Last Airbender) and even though in America there's nothing wrong with two works having the same title, Shyamawhatever just dismissed it. And it seems like Nick is doing that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sólsetur View Post
I'm excited, but doubtful about it as well.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was good, because it was dark enough to have a good story, yet the humor remained light and they never even killed anyone in it. Not only that, but Aang's personality fit the story line it had.

If this one will be anything like the last, the new Avatar would need to have the same personality as Aang- which I dislike- have some of the same humor- which would also be bad- and still remain dark, with the light aspects to the story.
This won't be anything like the last. You can read about it here., if you want. There's going to be a completely different setting, a more in-depth story with less filler, only 24 episodes, Korra is already nearly a fully realized Avatar, the 'travel around the world to learn bending' plotline won't be used, etc. There's no reason to suspect it will be too much like the original.

Quote:
The storyline seems pretty interesting, though; Avatar taking on rebellion. I'm curious to know who will help Korra, and the approach she takes to ending the rebellion. Will she kill the leader? Who knows? This is another point I'm worried about. If they try to do the same dark/light mix they had going in TLA, they'd most likely mess it up in the ending. I mean, it's not like she can take away the person's bending. Then there's the entire rebellion to deal with? I'm hoping they find some way to end it without any deaths (on screen, anyways). If they have a different approach to the story, though... Hell yeah, kill everyone. I don't care.
I have a theory that the Kyoshi warriors become a sort of Dai Lee type of organization. They start out with a noble cause, but eventually become corrupt. Ty Lee would teach the Kyoshi Warriors the chi-blocking technique, which is passed down through the ages. When the rebellion begins, the Kyoshi warriors split, and the ones that join the rebellion have the chi-blocking technique to use against benders. Just a thought.

Quote:
I'm curious to know how Aang's son will play a role in all of this; besides being the Avatar's airbending teacher, of course. So, that may be interesting; especially if he has a similar personality to Aang's.
I assume he's going to be a jolly old man. And his relationship with Korra will be interesting, considering his dad's soul is inside her.

Quote:
Oh... and then there's the humor a character like Sokka will bring to the table. If they don't have a character like Sokka, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

Because that dude with hilarious.
They've commented that they want to keep the balance between plot and humor, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Sokka. What I want is a character that I like as much as Toph.

Quote:
Then... there's the possibility of another movie...
No there isn't. Not by anyone who isn't an exceptional film maker, anyway. Nick will be on their toes about this, after the other movie's flop.

BA Stuff

Tags