Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What's your favourite season of Game of Thrones?
Season 1 2 16.67%
Season 2 4 33.33%
Season 3 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,310
Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only Discussion!

I will eagerly await the slapping of Joffrey.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 06:33 PM
ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
Send a message via Skype™ to Lly
View Posts: 5,824

I just liked a bunch of posts here because I'm OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW.
even though it already had the finale.

I am going to go back and read the first book, but I don't think I'm going to read the second book until I finish watching the second season. that's a backwards way to do it, I know, but the show is just so... finely crafted, and I'm a TV lover, so I just want to see how they do it.

Peter Dinklage is just so amazing, and a lot of people on websites and blogs and stuff complained the only reason they watched it was Sean Bean (which is crazy to me) but I think that the reason I stick with it--well, there are a lot, but if I had to pin it on one character, it's Dinklage's.

He's just so pitch-perfect. I was actually worried that they would kill him off after the sleepover scene in the tent (which by the way, was amazing, the scene where they play in the drinking game. also, Bronn is just so delightful. every line. he's fantastic.) in a lot of shows-Lost comes to mind- before a character dies, they will "wrap" the character and give them some final sentimental moments in which we see some insight into their actions before hacking them from the cast. In the tent scene this happened, and I was so scared they would kill him.

But yeah, I saw Nedd's death coming in the way they spent "The Pointy End," "Baelor" and "Fire and Blood" scaling him back like woooooooah. They gave the other characters time to breathe, it was like they were phasing him out.

Other people I'm obsessed with: I love Massie Williams as Arya. and Emelia Clarke as Daenerys. and I will no longer see Natalia Tena as Tonks, but as Osha.

anyway, the end was amazing/enticing. boy-Arya marching north with the night's watch and the Robert Baratheon's illegitimate son??? Daenerys has dragons???? ceresi is boinking ANOTHER relative??? I'm jazzed for more.

okay, done fangirling.
until next year.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

[QUOTE=Catface;4091530]
Quote:
ceresi is boinking ANOTHER relative??? I'm jazzed for more.

First off I think you should read the books while you wait...but that's up to you. They ain't going anywhere anytime soon...

and moonboy too!!...

OK so not really a spoiler I guess as it most likely never happened. But it's a scene I am looking forward too in the series... god I hope they don't cut it.

You know I really enjoyed Jaimie's scene with Catelyn in the finale. Mostly when Catelyn accused the world is so messed up because of men like him. He just sorta sits there and then says "There are no men like me, there is just me.' (well something to that effect)

From Catelyn's perspective it could be seen as Jaimie admiting he doesn't like himself all to much. But from Jaimie's perspective it takes a whole new meaning. More that he feels more defeated by his reputation as Kingslayer.

I think this is why I loved Jaimie's PoV chapters in the books. It gives a whole new light on this character and what he has done in the past.

It was a nice simple scene. Yet in the future it will definitely have a different meaning. Atleast I think so and I hope so.

But I am probably just reading way to much into that one scene. lol

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
Last Edited by Avalanchemike; 01-22-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: fixed spoiler Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Moriquendi
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catface View Post
okay, done fangirling.
until next year.
no no, please stay and fangirl with me. i'm currently fangirling richard madden as robb stark to the ends of the earth and no one can stop me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit7 View Post
I think this is why I loved Jaimie's PoV chapters in the books. It gives a whole new light on this character and what he has done in the past.
jaime was, i thought, one of the more boring typical pretty-boy evil henchmen characters until his PoV chapters started. and now, possibly, he's my favourite character in the series, surpassing tyrion. mostly owing to brilliant character development.
Last Edited by amanda; 06-24-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM
ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
Send a message via Skype™ to Lly
View Posts: 5,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
no no, please stay and fangirl with me. i'm currently fangirling richard madden as robb stark to the ends of the earth and no one can stop me.
two words.
dream. boat.

I'm so glad he got a hell of a lot more screentime in the last few episodes, and I can see him developing into a major badass.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Grok on
View Posts: 3,190

I finally got to see the last two episodes. For various reasons, we haven't been able to until yesterday.

I've read all the books and pre-ordered the next one.. I like Ned so much that I wasn't exactly looking forward to his last scene. Sean Bean is certainly experienced at dying.

As for the last episode, I enjoyed it. They had a heck of a lot to put in it, but I can't really blame them for that.. the books are quite eventful.

As for the scene with "King of the North". I liked it, but it was lacking a little bit of the power I imagined. When I read it in the book, I got shivers. That's not often if you don't associate it with a movie or a soundtrack (like the Lord of the Rings).

The Starks certainly doesn't have an easy time. It won't change anytime soon either.

Warning!
Spoiler from book 3:
I can't say I'm looking forward to having to watch a certain meal with Robb and Catelyn..

Heiđinn
Last Edited by Moriquendi; 06-25-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriquendi View Post

Warning!
Spoiler from book 2:
I can't say I'm looking forward to having to watch a certain meal with Robb and Catelyn..
Which meal is that? I mean if I remember correctly it seemed like half the book was centered around feasts in general. lol

My Fanfiction
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 AM
Grok on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit7 View Post
Which meal is that? I mean if I remember correctly it seemed like half the book was centered around feasts in general. lol
I checked it up, the event I'm talking about it in book 3. If you haven't read it, don't read underneath.

The Red Wedding.

About the last episode:
I quite liked the dragons by the way. They look good and seems natural :)

Heiđinn
Last Edited by Moriquendi; 06-25-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
I checked it up, the event I'm talking about it in book 3. If you haven't read it, don't read underneath.

The Red Wedding.

I thought that's what you meant but I wasn't sure. But yeah I am not looking forward to that much. I wish Rob had listened to his mother about Grey Wind's warning.

Though I guess I can't blame him for losing faith in the idea that the direwolves were meant for them and such. Not after what Theon did.

My Fanfiction
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Zora Warrior

yeah, double warning to people who haven't read the books: do not highlight those spoilers. cryptic spoilers are just as spoilerly as regular spoilers. and those be some major cryptic spoilers.

Quote:
two words.
dream. boat.

I'm so glad he got a hell of a lot more screentime in the last few episodes, and I can see him developing into a major badass.
oh good. then we agree! to be honest, i was a bit taken by surprise by his sudden...thereness, since (i don't think this is really a spoiler) he isn't really as major a character in the books and has the personality of a tree stump. but he really came to life on the screen, and filled the roles of big brother, young wolf, and momma's boy all at the same time rather flawlessly.

oh and his facial hair. can't forget that.

Quote:
The Starks certainly doesn't have an easy time. It won't change anytime soon either.
all i keep thinking is poor, poor sansa. girl never really does catch a break. i never really hopped on the sansa-hate wagon because she's just a teenaged girl and she acts like one (which, i might add, sophie turner--that's her name?--pulled off to a tee) and now she's just this innocent girl thrown into a game far too big for her to handle.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,493

Quote:
anyway, the end was amazing/enticing. boy-Arya marching north with the night's watch and the Robert Baratheon's illegitimate son??? Daenerys has dragons???? ceresi is boinking ANOTHER relative??? I'm jazzed for more.
Ooooh Arya meeting up with Chris from Skins was a big fist-pump moment for me, because I was hoping we'd get to see more of him and Arya is just boss as hell.

I think Sansa's storyline is also one I'm really looking forward to because she is in a very terrible position and those are always the most interesting to watch. Like Daenerys arc at the very beginning.

Also in some season 2 news to keep everyone hyped, Natalie Dormer from The Tudors has been cast as Margaery Tyrell. I don't recall meeting anyone from house Tyrell yet, but it's still a little tricky to keep track of all the different names.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Zora Warrior

loras tyrell, the pretty boy knight who nearly got destroyed by the mountain who rides (and who's romancing renly baratheon), is margaery's older brother. i only watched five or six episodes of the tudors, so i didn't get to see much of natalie. but, from looks alone, i think she'll make a pretty decent margaery. she's has a cutesy innocence, but a dangerous, sly kind of smile.

i'm curious as to who they'll cast for one character in particular. minor spoiler: brienne. will she be as ugly as the books make her out to be? most of the characters who are supposed to be unattractive (tyrion, ned...jorah, maybe) have not been, but brienne's ugliness is pretty central to how others treat her. poor girl.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Grok on

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
i'm curious as to who they'll cast for one character in particular. minor spoiler: brienne. will she be as ugly as the books make her out to be? most of the characters who are supposed to be unattractive (tyrion, ned...jorah, maybe) have not been, but brienne's ugliness is pretty central to how others treat her. poor girl.
I'm wondering about that as well. I don't think she'll end up "ugly", but I'm sure she'll have a few more masculine traits than most. Lots of freckles as well. But we'll see :)

Now that the first season is done, what are your favorite scenes? Any one in particular you remember?

I just came to think of the scene when Eddard Stark first arrives in King's Landing. His expressions while being greeted there are priceless.

Heiđinn
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Zora Warrior

one of the best is still khal drogo crowning viserys. i've already mentioned how he became one of my favourite characters to watch on-screen, but i didn't realize it until the line "that was all i wanted--what was promised" and by then it was too late and i was all "NOOOOOOOOO!"
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Big Damn Hero

Best Game of Thrones moments:

"The next time you lay a hand on me will be the last time you have hands."

The conversation between Robert and Cersei I think the episode before he dies or thereabouts.

"I told you not to trust me."

All of the following

Spoiler: nsfzu probs  

and of course the number one moment:

3 people liked this post: Avalanchemike, Jaime Lannister, Moriquendi
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 PM

Favorite moment? That's a bit impossible for I think. Probably going to just list about every moment in the series.

1) Definitely when Tyrion slapped Joffrey.

2) When Arya was training with Syrio Forel. For some reason I really enjoyed those moments.

3) The 'Crowning'

4) Ned's Beheading

5) Tyrion, Bronn, and Shae playing that Drinking Game in the tent.

6) ....

Wow I can't think of any more at the moment. lol

My Fanfiction
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 AM
There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
View Posts: 1,624

I admit to never reading the source material (Though I was given the chance) I am somewhat glad I did not, I have no imagination at all and I don't think the images conjured in my head could do the story justice, while the show on the other hand seems to be doing that just fine, great quality.

I haven't watched all of the episodes to date (For some reason) but I can say there are few shows on now that I would rather watch.

I personally love Peter Dinklage (The dwarf.) he's one of the few "little people" I can take seriously, not because I find them funny or their condition funny it's just hard for me, maybe because of their stature, I'm not sure, but he manages to deliver a good performance full of dignity every time.

Especially when he is slapping some one.
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Big Damn Hero

Guess who got an Emmy nomination

3 people liked this post: Avalanchemike, Moriquendi, Parrot Grass
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Baker didn't start the Fire!

View Posts: 982
My new crack: Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones. 'nuff said.

I read the book quite a while ago when it first came out and its sequels are pretty decent too. Out of any fantasy world type book (in the LotR-fashion), I find this to be the most original at it's base structure.

The show is also very awesome. It is currently almost the end of season 1, and it is just making my year. It is on HBO unfortunately, so not everyone can see it (who am I kidding, ZU is full of pirates and almost all episodes are On-Demand as well). Not sure about netflix though.

Either way, it is plain awesome. I would also recommend the board game that came out after the book as well. It is quite a fun one and can get very cutthroat and complex.

Any other fans out there?

My house burnt down. Check out my blog: Baker Bored at Work

#80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,588

A Storm Of Swords if by the far the best book in the series, bar nones, and a few of the others (A Clash Of Kings, A Dance With Dragons) are as good or better depending on who you ask. I can hardly wait until they get to season three, it's going to be bawss and those who haven't read the books will rage even more then when Eddard Kicked the bukkit

It shall be grand.

yeah, I'm a fan.

Tags
a game of thrones, a song of ice and fire, arya is best character, brienne of tarth, corn, dolorous edd, george r. r. martin, i call it needle, joffers, jon snow, kermit flail, mance mance mance, margaery is badass, me member, omg spoilers, promise me ned, season 4, ser pounce, tv series, valar morghulis, white walkers, winter is coming, you know nothing