Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What's your favourite season of Game of Thrones?
Season 1 2 16.67%
Season 2 4 33.33%
Season 3 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#321 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Parrot Grass Parrot Grass is a male United States Parrot Grass is offline
Hero of Time
Send a message via Skype™ to Parrot Grass
Steam ID: KamiTsurugi
View Posts: 13,608
Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only Discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
An excerpt from a Game of Thrones discussion with Liah:

Cody: Has Daenerys had any conversations this season that didn't end in her having a tantrum and shouting about how she's the queen of dragons or whatever?
Cody: I should try that in real life
Cody:
Daenerys at McDonalds:
Cashier: "that's $5.95"
Daenerys: "I will pay you thrice over when I conquer the seven kingdoms"
Cashier: "we can't give you your meal if you don't pay us, lady"
Daenerys: "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM I AM THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS ONE DAY I WILL RETURN AND WHEN I DO I WILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU"
Liah: LOL
Liah: xDDDD
Liah: you made me choke on my food
Daenerys and Vegeta would have such thrilling conversations.
1 person liked this post: Cody
  #322 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Steam ID: sikora002
View Posts: 6,528

I drew a picture in class like this. I was going to photocopy it but its in my locker at school.

Anyway, I think i might finally come around to watch the last episode of season 1 on dvd tonight.
  #323 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,497

Spoiler: Nearly exactly my reaction  

I never hated him but good god was i making THE EXACT SAME FACE AND STUFF during that and his scene with Sansa!

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #324 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 01:20 AM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,461

Well my only thing is by doing what he did, he's gonna get killed now.
  #325 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline

❤❤❤❤❤, please.

2 people liked this post: Avalanchemike, eeks
  #326 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Were the men all chanting "half-pint"?
Close. They were chanting Half-Man.
3 people liked this post: Bravo, Florina Laufeyson, Unit7
  #327 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,479

There are no bad episodes of Game of Thrones, but when I compare this episode to the penultimate episode of last season ("Baelor"), it doesn't quite measure up...and I know I probably shouldn't be comparing the two seasons and hoping they follow the same sort of story beats, but as big as this battle was for King's Landing and the people there, I don't think it's going to reverberate over all of Westeros the same way Ned's death did this time last season.

Still, this was really awesome and cool:

Still, they worked with what they had. It was cool seeing a lot of the episode through Bronn and the Hound's eyes, two characters that don't typically get a lot of screen time. I've been waiting for Clegan and Sansa to take off ever since it became clear he had some level of affection for her, and their pairing is almost as good as the Brienne/Jamie pairing set up last week (speaking of, it's going to be awfully awkward when Brienne arrives to trade Jamie for Sansa and Arya when neither of them are there anymore).

The Cersei/Sansa stuff was fine for seeing what a drunken ❤❤❤❤❤ Cersei is, but nothing particularly new. I also thought the danger wasn't wholly present in those scenes, the battle seemed so far away. That's more of a production thing, but whatever.

Tyrion's role in the war was great, and I'm interested to see how the power shifts at King's Landing now that Tywin is there. How will he respond to Joffrey's cowardice and Cersei's enabling of that, or how his smallest and most despised son held the city long enough for him to arrive and drive Stannis' forces out. Stannis himself is a bit of a question mark, I'm not sure if he escaped or was capture (if captured, I assume the next time we'll be seeing him he'll be missing most of the stuff below his neck). I also have to assume Davos ate it, but I kind of hope not because as little as we saw of that character, I did enjoy most of his scenes.

Anyway, like I said, not a bad episode, but kind of left something to be desired. I'll be happy for the finale next week when the show opens up again and we see what everyone else is up to...having such a narrow focus this episode kind of made the rest of the arcs seem cast aside which sort of cheapens the proceeding eight episodes, so next week is a bit make-or-break for whether or not this season can match or top the first one.

#328 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Stannis himself is a bit of a question mark, I'm not sure if he escaped or was capture (if captured
Its implied that he escaped. Those guys pulling Stannis away after "Renly" appeared, were his own men. Note that it was Loras in Renly's armor that showed up charging while Tywin's troops dispensed with the murder of most of Stannis's guys. So yeah i think he escaped.
We'll find out for sure soon enough.

#329 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,493

Just saw the preview for the finale.. I guess Sansa didn't escape with the Hound after all, that's too bad. I was looking forward to their roadtrip (I was almost certain she would go - I mean, why the ❤❤❤❤ would she stay there with the whore of a queen and the ❤❤❤❤ing stupid king? MAKES ME MAD!
  #330 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Just saw the preview for the finale.. I guess Sansa didn't escape with the Hound after all, that's too bad. I was looking forward to their roadtrip (I was almost certain she would go - I mean, why the ❤❤❤❤ would she stay there with the whore of a queen and the ❤❤❤❤ing stupid king? MAKES ME MAD!
Alls i saw was Littlefinger in that. So...maybe she did get away but Littlefinger intercepted?

#331 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florinasaur View Post
Alls i saw was Littlefinger in that. So...maybe she did get away but Littlefinger intercepted?
There is also people in the background if you look closely enough, and I assumed it was the same scene as the shots with Cersei and Joffrey. But yeah, maybe she did try to escape, but was stopped. It makes sense that she is spoken to if that's the case.
  #332 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Fabulous
View Posts: 1,893

Who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?

#333 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2012, 02:54 AM
?

"Lord of the Rings with titties galore" - couldn't have described it better myself.
  #334 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is a male Central African Republic /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to /watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
View Posts: 1,075

This will never be good
  #335 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 PM

So like, i figured it out. Why Dany bugs the hell out of me. It is not the character's fault at all.

Ive been reading the books (now im in the middle of the second book) and i realized that Daenerys is a perfectly solid character with believable flaws and an interesting thought process. In the books, her thoughts are basically trying to keep the khalasar together after Drogo dies and junk. She even is gracious enough to name one of her dragons after her brothers. She also comes to terms that shes basically a woman grown (shes about 14 in the books) and all the responsibilities that go with it as Khaleesi.

The show is not showing this much. Her chapters in the books are basically exactly the same as we are seeing on the show, but her actress isnt conveying squat. Its only Jorah and the backround Dothraki guys who really portraying the desperation of being lost in the Red Waste in the second season. You know something is wrong when the actress playing your handmaiden is doing a better job than you. The girl playing Dany is just basically standing around with her mouth open and feebly reciting lines. Even her scenes with Jorah (whos ❤❤❤❤ing fantastic btw) are just so...dry on her end.
So by reading the books, i got a better idea on what kind of person Dany really is and her actress is just not doing well in conveying that. Shame. So its not Dany who pisses me off, its her actress.

I also want to say, just about everyone in this series are doing a fantastic job with their roles. Catelyn seems actually to be much less ❤❤❤❤❤y in the show, however. She comes off as rather selfish in the books. Now i think i have better idea why people are all D:< about her. Theon's actor is doing a bang up job of being the idiot he in the books. Joffrey is ❤❤❤❤ing amazing. I mean omg, talk about nailing it. Arya is portrayed BEAUTIFULLY and actually, so is Bran. ( i know right?) Stannis is another one whos just dead on. The best ones are actually Tyrion and Varys. HOLY CRAP does Peter Dinklage rock the socks. FUUUUU.

Also i cannot wait for tonight...hnngh.

#336 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2012, 10:18 PM

Double posting because the Others take the rules.

Spoiler: Whoa Season Finale!  

Does it measure up to the last episode? lol nah. Blackwater kicked so much ass. This is more or less the aftermath and tying up loose ends and...leaving other loose ends.

We begin with Tyrion waking up with his face all mangled. Maester Pycelle is there. (dammit...wtf...stupid Pycelle.) Hes tending to Tyrion's wounds and informs him about Tywin taking his place as Hand of the King. Uh oh....Theres been a slight shift in power and thats not a good sign for Tyrion. A while later, Varys walks in and tells Tyrion whats really up. Not good for Tyrion to be around but...alas. Shae rushes in and they have this very touching moment. She basically says "I'm yours." Tyrion starts bawling and i almost did too!.

Sansa is kicking it in the Hall of the King where Joffrey is doing his kingly business where he names Tywin as Hand. He also honors Loras Tyrell for aiding in the battle. Loras pulls a total wildcard and says that his sister Margaery (you know, Renly's wife?) is a widow more or less. She steps up and goes on and on about how she has the feels for Joffrey. Yeah Marge, like we dont know you got some ace up yer sleeve. Sansa is all "O_o" and Joff is all "well...im already betrothed and i plan to keep my slave word on that." Cersei, Pycelle and others go "well yeah but....shes the daughter of a traitor and shizz." After some convincing, Joffrey goes "Oh alright. Ill marry Margaery." Sansa's all "...." And then she walks away going "" So apparently she didnt escape with The Hound. (dammit) But she is intercepted by Littlefinger who was just named Lord of Harrenhall by Joff. He starts basically creepin on Sansa and warns her that she would still be at the mercy of Joffrey if she stays at court. So he offers to take her away from there.

We get some Theon action with him talking to Maester Luwin. The good maester is basically telling him to get out of there because Stark guys are coming to ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ up. Theon is greatly outnumbered and really screwed. Theon then leads a rallying speech to the rest of his men and they are all "yeah man..." until one of them knocks him out cold. But Maester Luwin comes running up going "wtf you guys doing?" and then.....*sniff* one of those Ironborn rear end in a top hats come and...stab Maester Luwin through his belly.

That was it. I officially hate all the Greyjoy/Iron Island anything.

Bran, Hodor, Rickon, and Osha (and the wolves) find Winterfell a burnt mess after whatever it was happened between the Ironborns and Stark guys. They go to the godswood and find Maester Luwin clinging to life. Sadness ensues. The boys, Hodor and Osha gotta get out of there. After saying sad goodbyes, Luwin pulls Osha aside and tells her to protect them. Even from her own kind. She retorts with "I never had much love for my own kind." Luwin begs her to finish him so he will not suffer anymore.

Dany enters the house of the Undying finally! Whoa dude! Its about time! Apparently this place acts like a Zelda dungeon meets mind❤❤❤❤ery. She follows the sounds of her crying dragons. But theres rooms that basically reflect her mind or some junk. Im not at the point in the book yet so im not sure exactly whats going on here. Like one room is basically a snow covered King's Hall in the Red Keep. She doesnt touch the throne but continues following her dragon's cries. As she leaves that, she enters a hut and sees....Drogo! Drogo and Rhaego! Probably the only time i see Dany's actress being convincing, is at this particular scene. Its very heartwrenching and she and Drogo talk a bit. Maybe theres hope for you yet, Dany's actress! You better get more awesome next season. I mean it! She hears the cries of her dragons again and sadly leaves the shades of Drogo and her son. She does finally find her dragons but that one warlock guy (his name escapes me at the moment) basically tells her that they grow stronger when shes around. And his magic grows stronger in the presence of the dragons. So..putting two and two together, he puts Dany in chains. Bad move, bud. Her dragons end up roasting this guy and she ends up leaving with them. Yay! She got through the crazy dungeon! Dany then approaches the new King of Qarth and basically seals him up in a vault. Along with Doreah whos playing at being his concubine. That character actually dies much sooner in the books in the Red Waste but whatever. I like this way better. Dany and Jorah basically raid the spoils of Qarth. Whee!

Whats happening with Jon? Not much really. Hes trudging along with Quorin Halfhand and the wildlings. Quorin obviously has a bit of a plan (as eluded to in the episode before last) and basically picks a fight with Jon. They battle. Jon wins. Yeah. Poor Quorin but i think he had a plan here. Ygritte says "well now we can the King (beyond the Wall) that this is who killed Quorin Halfhand." So they keep going a bit and see the city beyond the Wall. OoooooOOOooo.

Arya and her cadre are kicking it for a while somewhere off the kingsroad. She then spies Jaqen H'ghar watching them from a rock. She goes up to meet him and says "liek omg wtf. How did you ice all those dudes! Teach me!" and hes like "A man is too awesome to reveal such secrets." He also tells her to come with him to Braavos. Srsly Arya, you should totally go. She goes "but i gotta find my brothers and...Sansa..." So he goes "Take this" and hands her a coin. He tells her that if she says the words "Valar Morghulis" and give the coin to a Braavosi man and Jaqen will come. He also gave her a hint that he is in fact, one of the Faceless Men! OMG!!!! He then parts but not after changing his face. Whoa dude. Hes awesome.

Robb's all hot for Talisa and his mum is all "But Walder Frey is gonna be pissed you dont marry his daughter!" Robb's all "yeah uhuh like i give a rat's fart." And basically marries Talisa in secret. Oh snap.

Stannis is all pissed cuz he lost the battle. Melisandre is all "but like...thats not all there is! The war is not finished!" They have some exchange of violence with him strangling her (dammit Stannis, you shoulda just killed her skanky red ass!) but he lets go. She tells him to stare into the fire and see whats to come. He does...they dont reveal what though.

Poor Sam Tarly and Grenn and that other guy are all trudging along. They are still in the shadow of the Wall. Sam hears the horn of the Night's Watch blow....three blasts....That's....❤❤❤❤ing....BAD.... Three blasts means.....
Grenn and the other guy are running away and the blizzard picks up. Poor Sam is like "omg wtf! WTF!!!" and tries to run after them but the blizzard is getting worse and....figures are moving in the snow....He hides behind a rock and sees..

❤❤❤❤ guys...holy ❤❤❤❤. The Others are on the move. They are marching in great numbers toward the Wall! Hnnnnghhhhhh!!!!

Yeah it was a good episode.

Last Edited by Florina Laufeyson; 06-03-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #337 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Hero of Time

I was so proud of Dany for going an entire episode without shouting "I AM THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS!"

I know it took a lot of restraint.
1 person liked this post: Bravo
  #338 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 12:50 AM
?

We couldn't stop laughing when Theon got knocked the ❤❤❤❤ out after his raaa raaa speech.

Ok so Sam's pretty much dead otherwise bull❤❤❤❤ because then apparently just crying at White walkers makes them ignore you.

❤❤❤❤ING FINALLY the dragon lady seemed pretty legit.

Why did lord of all that is great's horse ❤❤❤❤ on the floor? What was the point of that?
  #339 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 01:48 AM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
We couldn't stop laughing when Theon got knocked the ❤❤❤❤ out after his raaa raaa speech.

Ok so Sam's pretty much dead otherwise bull❤❤❤❤ because then apparently just crying at White walkers makes them ignore you.

❤❤❤❤ING FINALLY the dragon lady seemed pretty legit.

Why did lord of all that is great's horse ❤❤❤❤ on the floor? What was the point of that?
Yeah I found Theon getting knocked out hillarious. Dany was a bit disappointing this season. I loved her in the first but then she also played a much larger role in the story then she does in season 2. All I know is I really can't wait for the Unsullied... because that scene was fun.

As for Lord Tywin's horse taking a ❤❤❤❤. Well at least we can finally settle the debate as to whether or not his horse ❤❤❤❤s gold... whether Tywin ❤❤❤❤s gold is still left as a mystery.

Though when I first saw it I was like "WTF? I mean is someone taking a ❤❤❤❤? Did that horse just literally take a ❤❤❤❤ before entering the throne room?" I thought about it and I realized it's pretty symbolic. Yeah. Seriously.

You see Game of Thrones can push some boundries... but having a man take a ❤❤❤❤ just isn't one of them. But that's basically what that whole scene was. Tywin ❤❤❤❤ting over everything. He think's he is superior to even the King. He thinks he is you know the most BAMF(and really... can anyone argue otherwise?) and that he is basically saying "Yeah I'm the real king of this place."

That or his horse is just... you know has some manners. I mean seriously. How awkward would it have been if the horse just took a ❤❤❤❤ while Joffrey was proclaiming him Hand of the King? It just be rude.

However. It would also be a nice bit of symbolism. That the King and the King's Hand are worth horse ❤❤❤❤.

That or maybe they just got tired of you know filming that scene and things were just being screwed up and they decided that a horse taking a ❤❤❤❤ in the middle of filming is worse then whatever else.

Ok... yeah I actually just analyzed the crap out... heh unintentional pun or whatever but I'm keeping it... of that scene.

Also The Others. My God FINALLY! I mean I always loved that the majority of their army comprise of more or less Zombies. But we never really get to see them much in the book series. It's sorta like GRRM just kinda forgot about them after awhile.

So I thought this was a very nice treat that we actually get to see a bit of their army. Oh and it was a great scene. My only problem is that... why didn't they kill Sam? I mean I know in the books he lives after an encounter. But... I mean would a Undead Sam be a big coward too and they thought he be useless?

Oh and that Horn part. When I heard it I was like "Oh ❤❤❤❤..."

Loved it.

So anyone got a time machine? I kinda wanna skip a few years and just marathon the hell out of this series.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #340 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 AM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I'll have to pick up the books sooner or later. I can't survive another year for next season without knowing how it will progress.

Tags
a game of thrones, a song of ice and fire, arya is best character, brienne of tarth, corn, dolorous edd, george r. r. martin, i call it needle, joffers, jon snow, kermit flail, mance mance mance, margaery is badass, me member, omg spoilers, promise me ned, season 4, ser pounce, tv series, valar morghulis, white walkers, winter is coming, you know nothing