Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What's your favourite season of Game of Thrones?
Season 1 2 15.38%
Season 2 4 30.77%
Season 3 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#261 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 02:03 AM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460
Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only Discussion!

Holy crap this last episode was awesome. The scenes with Arya and Tywin are always some of the best.

Also good that we finally see more of Jaimie. I loved the conversation between him and Catelyn about honor and vows. It's funny that everyone in the realm hated Aerys and wanted him dead. But when presented with Mad Aerys' killer he is called scum and 'kingslayer'

That and a bunch of other stuff happened.... including the end.

Damn.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #262 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 06:14 AM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,496

The latest episode is by far the best yet. Several jaw-dropping moments here, and I love the way Daenerys' storyline progresses. So intense.

And as for the end: We can't know for a fact that it was the two Stark boys, can we? I don't know how it is in the books, but I bet they're still alive. I feel that we have too much unfinished business with Bran for him to disappear from the show. He's basically a person who can foresee the future, and his dream with the crows is still yet to be interpretted.
  #263 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
We built Mute City on Rock and Roll
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,605

Its so not them, omg. Its two farmer boys they wanted to make an example for Winterfell. Im pretty sure they did not catch Bran and the rest. Besides, Bran is totally learning to warg.
Arya and Tywin's moment this week was awesome. She was totally snarking him and hes all "lolol yeah..." So like, he knows somethings up and i wouldnt put it passed the old coot to know who she was.

Im really getting irritated with Dany now. Im just not liking where her character is going. Im not sure if its just the acting or what. I like how shes gotten like all "IM A TARGARYEN BADASS" but shes so woefully naive and wont own up to that. Agh. However the business in Qarth is pretty cool. Dem Warlocks....

I have a bad feeling for Robb man......I dunno....That lady....shes rubbing me the wrong way.

I loved the scene with Sansa and Cersei. Cersei is damn near completely broken down. Im loving the performance by Lena Heady here. Sandor and Sansa...id ship it.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #264 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,474

I was really disappointed at the dark knight part. When he got surrounded I was expecting either him or one of the tribal eskimos to go "WELL LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE CRUISIN FOR A BRUISIN DAWG". Nope. Also jesus ❤❤❤❤ he's like a 16 year old boy who doesn't know what hole to stick it in while under the bleachers at the dance.

Anyways king baller again lived up to his name when he went "oh hey brah i know you're nobleborn. so yeah. hide that ❤❤❤❤ better son you aint foolin no one".

I think two face spoke more in this episode than he did in any other ones. lolz

Island guy really needs to get his ❤❤❤❤ together. He's all "u-u-u-u-u-hhh w-w-w-w-well idkkkk". The vice captain seems more in control than him.

blond pretty boy really is a huge troll. it's great. he just displays so much swag everyone else gets incredibly sphincter slammed and rump wronged.

I also keep expecting the wolf king to suddenly cut someone's head off, raise his sword in the air and yell "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" with thunder flashing in the background and Princes Of The Universe to suddenly start playing. his accent reminds me too much of the highlander.
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 05-14-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Florina Laufeyson
  #265 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I'm pretty sure Bran and co. planted the walnut shells in the farm to lead the hounds off themselves. It is indeed the farmer boys, but I don't think Theon is aware of that.

And Robb's love interest: I feel something fishy is going on with her as well. This is pure speculation, but I believe she is a mole for the Lannisters. I'm not sure if we ever got to know who sent the note that Arya took, but it seems plausible that it was her. In addition, she wanted to write to someone about products she needed to treat war victims - I'd rather think it is to tell Lannister about Robb's tactic.

Then again, pure speculation. And I'm not very good at speculating as it turns out based on earlier theories.
  #266 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm pretty sure Bran and co. planted the walnut shells in the farm to lead the hounds off themselves. It is indeed the farmer boys, but I don't think Theon is aware of that.

And Robb's love interest: I feel something fishy is going on with her as well. This is pure speculation, but I believe she is a mole for the Lannisters. I'm not sure if we ever got to know who sent the note that Arya took, but it seems plausible that it was her. In addition, she wanted to write to someone about products she needed to treat war victims - I'd rather think it is to tell Lannister about Robb's tactic.

Then again, pure speculation. And I'm not very good at speculating as it turns out based on earlier theories.
Uh she wanted to write a list for highlander wolf king to take. Kind of ❤❤❤❤ty spy work to hope he deosn't read the note. lol
  #267 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,570

There were a couple great scenes this week, but no real awesome moments. Lots of table setting for what is bound to be a great end to the season, but otherwise not quite hitting the dizzying highs the show is able to turn out.

High points were the scene with Jamie and the other messenger Lannister. For getting so little screen time, Jamie is always a great performance to watch. Just oozes charm and charisma while being, as the title of the episode states, a man without honor. The scene between him and Catelyn was amazing as well, particularly with Brienne there watching the whole thing. The character dynamics of that scene were off the charts.

Arya and Tywin continue to be the high points of most episodes, their interplay has remained mostly the same for the past few episodes, with Tywin letting on bigger and bigger hints that he knows she's not who she says she is. Despite the repetitiveness, the actors have such great chemistry together it's always a delight to watch them in a room.

The stuff North of the Wall continues to entertain, since its always fun to watch Jon Snow squirm and Ygritte has endeared herself to me very quickly. Maybe because she played one of the housemaids on season one of Downton Abbey.

There was some other good stuff mixed in as well. Cersei revealing that she is well aware of what a horrible person her son is, and the end of her scene with Tyrion was actually a little bit heartbreaking. I didn't much care for the Dany stuff again, for much the same reasons as before. Maybe this house of death or whatever she's going to will help prop up her story. The stuff at Winterfell was similarly dull, deciding to end with the most obvious fake-out ever does the show no favours.
  #268 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galedeep View Post
Maybe this house of death or whatever she's going to will help prop up her story. The stuff at Winterfell was similarly dull, deciding to end with the most obvious fake-out ever does the show no favours.
Well to be fair to the show...

It's pretty much what happens in the book.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #269 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 AM
?

Re-watched the episode with a friend and after the scene with the little girl and the most baller man in westeros she said something which I thought was pretty interesting. She wondered out loud if maybe King Swag near the end of the scene started to think something like "man she displays levels of swag high enough that it'd be pretty aight to adopt her and take her as one of my own children...". On the otherside he has the pride of his family name so I dunno if that'd fly and shizz. But yeah. Pretty interesting thought imo.

Thoughts? Also people who've read the book don't spoil if thats close or not. lolz
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 05-15-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #270 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 AM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Uh she wanted to write a list for highlander wolf king to take. Kind of ❤❤❤❤ty spy work to hope he deosn't read the note. lol
Oh, I guess I don't remember that scene so well then. I need to watch it over.
  #271 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Re-watched the episode with a friend and after the scene with the little girl and the most baller man in westeros she said something which I thought was pretty interesting. She wondered out loud if maybe King Swag near the end of the scene started to think something like "man she displays levels of swag high enough that it'd be pretty aight to adopt her and take her as one of my own children...". On the otherside he has the pride of his family name so I dunno if that'd fly and shizz. But yeah. Pretty interesting thought imo.

Thoughts? Also people who've read the book don't spoil if thats close or not. lolz
I doubt he would think of adopting her or raising her as one of his own, bloodlines and family being so important in Westeros. Their relationship now seems to be somewhat similar to the patron/ward relationship, like Theon being raised in Winterfell. Maybe it could develop more in that direction, but I don't really see their stories intermingling past the end of this season. Gotta keep things moving forward.
  #272 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline

Tywin wouldnt be able to adopt Arya even if he did want to. Like nolan said, it would be possible for him to take her on as a ward. Especially if he knew who she was, he would take her as a ward with the same intent as when Eddard took Theon. Sadly, thats not gonna happen. Arya still has one last move to make with Jaqen. lol not really a big spoiler since its hinted in the show itself. Like next episode.

I think its kinda awesome that Tywin and Ayra have this kind of relationship. She learns about him and thats hes actually not evil....just greedy. lol!

#273 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florinasaur View Post
Sadly, thats not gonna happen. Arya still has one last move to make with Jaqen. lol not really a big spoiler since its hinted in the show itself. Like next episode.
I'm gonna flip a table if that soft spoken frulalala ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ kills lord jawesome of swagtown.

edit: a friend made this after talking about the ep with me. its good to have friends who think alike

it was that or "YOU'RE ABOUT TO ENTER THE DANGER ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE"
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 05-15-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #274 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 992

I'm 4 episodes behind since S02E03 yet I keep getting the new episodes. Guess I'll wait and control myself till the last 4 episodes comes out.
  #275 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna flip a table if that soft spoken frulalala ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ kills lord jawesome of swagtown.
Well if it makes you feel any better, that doesnt happen.

Honestly, i cant think of a reason why Arya would name him....(a practical one anyway)

Last Edited by Florina Laufeyson; 05-16-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #276 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
?

Quote:

Honestly, i cant think of a reason why Arya would name him....(a practical one anyway)
Thank goodness. If he has to die I just hope he doesn't die like a ❤❤❤❤❤. Like I'd rather it be like he gets lit up by a Dragon, and while on fire kills it then kills like 6 other dudes then is like "aight fags im on fire so I'm gonna go chill with dead people now. peace hombres" and dies.
  #277 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 06:09 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,257

Quote:

Dude! That's spoilers! Don't tell everybody what's going to happen next. I've also read the books and I have tried my best not to spoil what will happen (even though the show does take into account some alternate artistic differences)...especially how people will or will not die.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
2 people liked this post: Bravo, Galedeep
  #278 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2012, 12:50 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

The latest episode feels more like a bridge than anything, building up for what is to come in the two next ones (obviously). Didn't like this episode as much as the one before, but to be fair, that episode is probably the best yet. I was waiting the whole episode to see more of Danny, but only got one minute of useless babble. I guess it will get entertaining next episode for her. A friend who has read the two first books told me the House of Undying is much like Lost Woods. I can't wait to see what that's all about.
1 person liked this post: BigGoronSword
  #279 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2012, 02:08 PM
?

At this point I'd be more than happy if the blonde dragon lady just dies. She's so goddamn retarded and useless. I hope someone kills her. Or one of her dragons eats her.

That ❤❤❤❤ing frulalala shadow assassin is a monster. He just ghosted the entire patrol crew like it was no big deal. How the ❤❤❤❤ did he get captured?

Lord of Swag seems like the only competent general in the entire lion army. It's ridiculous.

Imp was p cool too I guess.

Oh and where the ❤❤❤❤ is nightwatch dude's wolf. That thing either said "❤❤❤❤ it" and left or there's some amazing squirrels in the frozen tundra of hoth.

Oh and king wolf totally tapped it. He was like awwww yeah baby lemme get up in dem guts. and he did.

His mom though. what a ❤❤❤❤❤. why'd she let jamie hernandez go? and with her bodyslave? ❤❤❤❤ed up.

i kinda feel sorry for island guy. no matter what he does he gets ❤❤❤❤ on.
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 05-21-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #280 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Parrot Grass Parrot Grass is a male United States Parrot Grass is offline
Hero of Time
Send a message via Skype™ to Parrot Grass
Steam ID: KamiTsurugi
View Posts: 13,610

I was pretty happy with seeing Robb arresting Catelyn. He's showing a ❤❤❤❤ton of mercy to his enemies, but at least he's showing that he's capable of making competent decisions when it comes to more personal matters.

Tags
a game of thrones, a song of ice and fire, arya is best character, brienne of tarth, corn, dolorous edd, george r. r. martin, i call it needle, joffers, jon snow, kermit flail, mance mance mance, margaery is badass, me member, omg spoilers, promise me ned, season 4, ser pounce, tv series, valar morghulis, white walkers, winter is coming, you know nothing