Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What's your favourite season of Game of Thrones?
Season 1 2 16.67%
Season 2 4 33.33%
Season 3 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#201 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 PM
魔貫光殺砲!
View Posts: 6,528
Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only Discussion!

In that she's a mute, cliched way of milking the popularity of another older male character?

Last Edited by DIUM; 04-21-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #202 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Parrot Grass Parrot Grass is a male United States Parrot Grass is offline
Hero of Time
Send a message via Skype™ to Parrot Grass
Steam ID: KamiTsurugi
View Posts: 13,608

Well, that episode last night was... interesting, at the end.

I'm sure the book-readers know what the hell just happened, but I was left with a whole ❤❤❤❤ton of "what just happened? D'8" Also, was that just another instance of "skewed sense of passing time" or did her pregnancy of evil shadow being just progress really quickly?
Last Edited by Avalanchemike; 04-23-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #203 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I may not be perfect... but my dog loves me.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nesi
Steam ID: AlkalineCandy

View Posts: 18,226

My thoughts on this episode:

Spoiler:  

I am a weak creature. One of the reasons why I gave up being my first plan which was to become a doctor is that I am so lame at seeing people in pain.
This episode had all of it. Seriously, I'm literally trembling here; similar reaction to what I showed after watching Golden Crown, but I guess it's worse this time: I either think of the prostitute part or the rat torture part, and I feel nauseaus.
I know it's a sort of production success, because hey, the creators' intention was to creep me out, so that makes the episode pretty neat and all, but... I WON'T DOGWALK ON THE DARK STREETS TONIGHT.
Oh yeah and the childbirth part was a bit unrealistic; like, GoT is usually rather realistic biologically and stuff, well, that giving birth thingy wasn't really... what it's like IRL, but I understand because it's a goddamn shadow creature, so it's okay, just... yeah.
As for something not cringy, Talisa is sweet. (: I like her. Nice new character.

[8:54:29 PM] Nesi: it's funny, since Wiki told me some GoT scenes are recorded in Dubrovnik, Croatia (where I have been to), I've been trying to recognise places :'>
  #204 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,508

My thoughts on the episode:

Spoiler: Full of spoilers and junk  

Really, im starting to think Viserys would have been a better pick for the throne. Joffrey makes him look almost the saint! Mum even said "HES LIKE FRICKIN' CALIGULA!" I think the scene with Sansa was actually worse in the book but here, its still pretty bad. (she wasnt stripped completely due to the actress actually being a minor.) The way he held the crossbow at her...just wtf. Tyrion to save the day! The way he approached Sansa was so...gallant! I didnt know he had it in him! His whole "Do you wish to end this engagement?" im like "oh whoa...thats a vessel full of foreshadowing isnt it?" Then we see Bronn go "Get this kid laid and im sure he'll loosen up." GG BRONN! Like thats gonna work! Joffrey gets off on pain! Those poor whores....

Arya's little 'prayer' is also interesting. Shes obviously repeating to herself who she wants dead. Every night when shes trying to sleep. The whole rats torture sequence is pretty ehhhgh...Who knew Tywin would come to the "rescue" here, huh? Whats gonna happen to Gendry i wonder. I guess we'll see in the next episode.

Is it me, or is Catelyn getting dumber each episode? Why is she even considering Baelish's offer at all? Even after bringing Ned's remains...still i wouldnt trust that guy so far as i could throw him. I dunno...im just not having a lot of faith in her lately.

Well Dany's finally gotten somewhere. Her actress is having....problems sounding commanding. Its a bit narmy. I wonder what that one bloke from the Thirteen (the black guy) is playing at. Either way it works out for her.

Tyrion lays into Lancel! Good job mate! God. WHO DOESNT LOVE TYRION?! I love the fact hes completely undermining everyone! I cannot wait to see what he does next!

Wtf that one chick. I get that she must copulate in order to create shadows but whats going on there? What kind of power is that and why can she do it? It looks like Stannis is aware of this power considering he ordered his guy to not speak of what he sees, but still. Looks like the realm has more to worry about than just the Others creeping over the Wall.

Yeah it was a good episode!

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
1 person liked this post: Keith
  #205 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florinacation View Post
My thoughts on the episode:

Spoiler: Full of spoilers and junk  
Her actress is having....problems sounding commanding. Its a bit narmy.
I think that's just "she's been starving and is likely incredibly physically weak at this point, so of course she's not very commanding."
Last Edited by Parrot Grass; 04-23-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #206 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,463

Is it me or is the whole head Lannister guy like the biggest bauss around?

It was pretty rad to watch him walk into that prison death torture camp and in 5 minutes make all the guys there feel like retards. My hero. He just walks around and makes people feel ❤❤❤❤ty about themselves.
1 person liked this post: Malia
  #207 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission J. Frog View Post
I think that's just "she's been starving and is likely incredibly physically weak at this point, so of course she's not very commanding."
HAAAANDWAAAAAVE!

Srsly though, Dany is pretty narmy. Even if starving or whatever, she should be a bit more convincing to the audience.

#208 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
?

I think the whole point is that you watch her go from quiet puss under control of her idiot brother to hardcore leader. Would kind of defeat the purpose to have her be super commanding right from the get go.
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 04-23-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #209 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days!
Send a message via Skype™ to Keith
Steam ID: Rantick
View Posts: 7,171

I actually think it's done on purpose. Maybe she's starting to doubt herself. Her "blood of my blood" (I forget his name) has shaken her faith and her people are starving. She's torn between her Targaryen pride and her role as a commander

Luka: slam a bottle of champagne into my arse first
  #210 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,489

WHAT A GREAT EPISODE

Joffrey is the absolute WORST, I don't even think there are enough words in the english language to describe just how much of the WORST he is. But I'll let Bronn try anyway:

Hooray for Dany finally doing something other than wander around the desert and look forlorn! Qarth seems like an interesting setting, I'm curious to see what is going to go on there.

Arya's List. Can't wait to see the names get taken off. Also Tywin is the second most awesome Lannister, and that no-jawed wimp of a nephew is probably one of the worst, but not THE WORST because that is Joffrey.

There is no greater character defining moment for Stannis Baratheon than when corrects Davos' grammar. The scene between the Baratheon Bros. was awesome as well.

Littlefinger is starting to annoy me...or maybe it's just the actor who is playing him.

ALSO WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHADOW MONSTER BABY?!?
3 people liked this post: eeks, Florina Laufeyson, Keith
  #211 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galedeep View Post

ALSO WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHADOW MONSTER BABY?!?
Something that'll SPOILER the living ❤❤❤❤ out of SPOILER. It's gonna be hilarious.
2 people liked this post: Florina Laufeyson, Puck
  #212 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I may not be perfect... but my dog loves me.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nesi
Steam ID: AlkalineCandy

View Posts: 18,226

Quote:
Littlefinger is starting to annoy me...
Lol, he's been annoying me since forever.
I'd make my dog chew on all his fingers.
  #213 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Hero of Time

I liked Littlefinger back during the beginning, particularly when he and the eunich/Spider guy whose name I can't remember were trying to out-spy each other. And I did really like how well he completely ❤❤❤❤ed over Ned Stark, even though it saddened me.
  #214 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Something that'll SPOILER the living ❤❤❤❤ out of SPOILER. It's gonna be hilarious.
Yeah i cant wait. Im not sure what its gonna do but its gonna do something really freaking awesome and make characters soil themselves. I hate Melisandre but goddamn, thats gonna be great.

Quote:
Littlefinger is starting to annoy me...or maybe it's just the actor who is playing him.
He didnt annoy me in the first season. He is annoying me now. It could be his actor playing up the "im getting had" bit or just...i dunno.

#215 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 992

I think George R.R. Martin needs some tips from the writers of Lost because one of the things Lost is great at is killing annoying characters. Then again, this is why ASoIaF is great.
  #216 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneaes View Post
I think George R.R. Martin needs some tips from the writers of Lost because one of the things Lost is great at is killing annoying characters. Then again, this is why ASoIaF is great.
Dont the really annoying characters in ASoIaF get killed off in really awesome and karmic ways?

#217 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 992

Yep. But it needs to happen sooner. The likable characters always dies earlier than the annoying characters.
Like Viserys? ^_^
  #218 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Sheikah
Steam ID: tiny_ekamon
View Posts: 531

They seem to be trying to out-squick themselves each week with any scene concerning Ros. Seriously, first infanticide, then sloppy seconds, now this scene.

Bronn and Tyrion were in top form as usual! I liked the little detail of The Hound putting his cloak around Sansa, her actress is excellent for someone her age. Well, Jack Gleeson is too, but he doesn't really have a sympathetic character.

Any scene with Arya and Gendry is great, even if fairly unpleasant. She's a great character, and they have awesome chemistry together. :3

Can't wait for next week's episode as it seems to feature Jon Snow. Seriously guise, way for the Stark motto to be the series tagline when they barely feature the Night's Watch. False advertising, winter is never coming!
Last Edited by eeks; 04-23-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #219 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
?

Man I'd rather they have an episode with the head Lannister doing this thing. And all it'd be would be him going up to various people like joffrey, his incestloving mother, the imp, bald unic guy, old man river, stannis, robb, john snow, bran, the white beast things, pretty boy prisoner, the wolves, the island people, the dothraki, the dragon lady, etc and making them feel bad and stupid about themselves

The episode would end with him flying off on a unicorn into a rainbow. Best episode ever. Last line of the episode "you all make me sick. im out. see you later ❤❤❤❤ers."
4 people liked this post: Avalanchemike, Florina Laufeyson, Lacewing, Parrot Grass
  #220 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-24-2012, 03:52 PM

Too bad ol Tywin never gets the chance...eh?

Tags
a game of thrones, a song of ice and fire, arya is best character, brienne of tarth, corn, dolorous edd, george r. r. martin, i call it needle, joffers, jon snow, kermit flail, mance mance mance, margaery is badass, me member, omg spoilers, promise me ned, season 4, ser pounce, tv series, valar morghulis, white walkers, winter is coming, you know nothing