Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#221 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 991
Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

I only know Obama, Palin and Clinton in this article.
  #222 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Grok on
View Posts: 2,946

Both Clinton and Al Gore made me smile at least xD

I found something interesting!
A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook: The Official Companion Cookbook to a Game of Thrones: Amazon.co.uk: George R. R. Martin, Sariann Lehrer, Chelsea Monroe-Cassel: Books

Also:
I was at a film festival yesterday and saw the first two episodes of season two on a big screen. It was great. A show with people fighting with swords and other medieval weaponry set the mood before the series started. There was also a sort of lottery. One lucky person got away with a replica of Ice!

Heiinn
Last Edited by Moriquendi; 04-27-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Florina Laufeyson
  #223 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is online now
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

View Posts: 21,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneaes View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! THATS AWESOME!

Oooh i want a replica of Ice! But i also want one of Needle!
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ You can still PM me for the clan test!
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #224 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
OL, OL OL OL
View Posts: 17,957

Hey guys, I'm reading the books right now, and I'm a little confused about the ages of some of the characters.

Namely, it's Arya and Sansa stark. Earlier in the book, it was stated that Tommen and Bran (who I'm pretty sure is seven) were sparring in the yard. I'd assume since they were fighting, they'd be around the same age. Later on in the book, however, Arya runs out of the small hall and she runs through Tommen's legs.

I'm assuming Arya's older than a toddler considering the sword Jon have her, so what am I missing here?

And Sansa I just forgot how old she is. Like, 14 or 13 or something? Or is she younger than Joff?
Last Edited by Loveboat; 04-27-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #225 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Nayru's kitty

View Posts: 9,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
Hey guys, I'm reading the books right now, and I'm a little confused about the ages of some of the characters.

Namely, it's Arya and Sansa stark. Earlier in the book, it was stated that Tommen and Bran (who I'm pretty sure is seven) were sparring in the yard. I'd assume since they were fighting, they'd be around the same age. Later on in the book, however, Arya runs out of the small hall and she runs through Tommen's legs.

I'm assuming Arya's older than a toddler considering the sword Jon have her, so what am I missing here?

And Sansa I just forgot how old she is. Like, 14 or 13 or something? Or is she younger than Joff?
At the start of the books, Bran is 7 years old (as is Tommen), Arya is 9, Sansa is 11 and Joffrey is 12.

The ages of the children were changed for the Game of Thrones TV series (most drastically for Dany, who was actually only 13 in the book - they changed her age to 18 so the sex scenes between Dany and Drogo could be televised.)
Last Edited by Astarael; 04-27-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Florina Laufeyson, Loveboat
  #226 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is online now
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

In the books, Arya is about 9 years old. If i recall, she runs through the legs of Tommen's guard and leaps OVER Tommen. (i think hes about 5 or 6.)
I think its said that Arya is 9.
Sansa in the book is like, 11. (no ♥♥♥♥.)
Joffery is 12. (i think the second book begins on his 13th name day??)
Myrcella (princess) is uhm...i forgot but shes younger than Arya i think.

Cersei and Jaime are about late 20s i think? Ned and Catelyn are like 33ish. (early to mid 30s)
Jon Snow and Robb are both 14. Bran is about 7. Rickon is 3. Theon i think is around 16?
Danaerys is 13 at the beginning of the first book. She actually turns 14 during the course of it.
Tyrion...i kinda forgot but hes the youngest of the Lannister lot. So like mid 20s?

So yeah. In the show, they aged up like nearly all the characters for rather...erhm...obvious reasons. In the show, Joff is about 16. Sansa is about 15. (actors are actually minors.) Dany is probably between 18 and 20. Robb and Jon are about that age too. Yeah...they are all a bit aged up for the show. Personally, i find that easier to handle given the content....I just cant imagine a 13 year old girl going through...that.
Arya is actually exactly 12 in the show.
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

3 people liked this post: Astarael, Loveboat, Moriquendi
  #227 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
OL, OL OL OL

Thanks guys, it's hard to keep track of all these characters.

Also, who's Theon Greyjoy again? What's his relation to the Starks? I've never known his relation to them, but he had always been just "there"
  #228 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Nayru's kitty

View Posts: 9,787

Theon Greyjoy is their ward/hostage - about 10 years or so before the start of the books, the Greyjoys attempted to rebel against the Iron Throne, but they failed dismally, and the heir of the Greyjoy house (Theon, who was the last surviving male since his two older brothers had been killed in the rebellion) was taken hostage by House Stark to make sure that Balon Greyjoy stayed cooperative.
  #229 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

NINJA'D!!!
I was so in the middle of that until you like, posted. But yeah, what Asta said.
Note this is why hes so conflicted in the second season and eventually says "♥♥♥♥ it" and goes along with Balon and his sister.
EDIT AGAIN: Its implied Balon actually offered up Theon too.
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

Last Edited by Florina Laufeyson; 04-27-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Astarael
  #230 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 09:58 PM
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS LAST EPISODE! IT WAS GR8MAZING!!!!

Spoiler: Do not click unless you've seen the episode.  

So like, that shadow thing Melisandre birthed. We see what it meant to do. Kill ♥♥♥♥ing Renly Baratheon!!! I was like "SERIOUSLY?" So yeah. One down. All of Renly's guys go to Stannis, except Loras, Brienne and of course Margaery. Brienne is so grief stricken...it was kinda sad. Loras too for obvious reasons. Brienne goes on to form a pledge with Catelyn. (Not sure that was wise...) Everyone thinks either Cat or Brienne was the murderer. Like anyone is gonna believe a shadow being killed Renly.

Theon then gets reamed by his new crew and sister. One of the crew members (forgot his name) suggests a different course of action. Invading Stark land.

OMG DANY DOES SOMETHING! Yeah thats right. Shes first seeing feeding (and what looks like training) her black dragon. She goes mingling in Qarth and that one guy....the big dude who greeted her in the last episode, pretty much says flat out: "Btw Jorah is totally into you." He also eventually tells her that he could give her a pant load of coin to gain ships and even an army to take on the Seven Kingdoms. He tells her about what was going on in Westeros too....But then, he says she can gain all that upon marrying him. Jorah later says thats not a good idea. Because hes totally into her. Dany realized what Jorah is basically saying too. Leads to a bit of tension and angst. She seems to agree to Jorah's plan of not marrying that dude and stuff. Oh Jorah....

Jon Snow and the rest of the Night's Watch guys wind up on the Fist of the First Men. Apparently theres an army nearby ready for attack. A couple of dudes get ready for ambush and Jon suggests going with them. He then, more or less, gets promoted to Ranger.

Ayra is seen acting as cup bearer to Tywin Lannister. Tywin and his lot are discussing Robb's moves in the war. Tywin, being rather sharp, notices Arya listening in on the discussion and he grills her on where she's from. She makes up a lie and he catches her in it and says "You are a Northerner. Where are you really from?" She states shes from some town in the North and that seems to convince Tywin enough. He asks what the people of said town say of Robb Stark. She tells him basically "They believe hes unkillable and rides on the back of a direwolf." Hes like "And you believe that?" And she being pretty smart, says "No. Anyone can be killed...."
She then meets with one of the guys she saved last time. Jaqen H'ghar. He tells her about the debt he owes to her and how he will grant her three lives in exchange. She says "That one guy, the torturer. They call him The Tickler." Later on, that dude winds up dead. Cue Arya's reaction:

Tyrion finds out the plan in case of a siege on King's Landing. Basically napalm. He freaks out and finds the pyromancer responsible. The pyromancer shows him how much of the Wildfire they have. (WAY too much for comfort) Tyrion's all "Yeah yer not gonna make this for my sister anymore. Yer gonna make it for me."

Bran gets wind of an incoming attack on a Winterfell area. He orders Ser Rodrick out to do something about it. Hes still pondering his dreams.

HOLY ♥♥♥♥ GUYS! ♥♥♥♥ GOT REAL! Also, no sex, nudity, or even a bare ass to be seen in this episode! <3
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

#231 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Parrot Grass Parrot Grass is a male United States Parrot Grass is offline
Hero of Time
Send a message via Skype™ to Parrot Grass
View Posts: 13,607

I'm actually kind of impressed with what little we see of Bran. Apparently, not being ♥♥♥♥ is hereditary, Sansa just got the recessive genes.

I'm wondering what Tyrion has plans with the totally not napalm.
  #232 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah Bran kinda takes on this whole "Miniature Badass" role for a minute. I was all "hah...cool." Shame Rickon is all "wtf..."

Quote:
Sansa just got the recessive genes.
She's learning.
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

#233 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 AM
sldgkhnds klvhkjlghjdsmk;lgdmkgfkld ;ggfklfj kldfsgk,dg skldgjkmldsgjsdklgm dsklg
View Posts: 8,235

That mother♥♥♥♥ing head lannister again just acts like a mother♥♥♥♥ing pimp. Best character in the show with the best scenes. Seriously everytime I see a new episode and they show a scene with him in it we always end up going "goddamn that dude's a ♥♥♥♥ing boss"

He gives no amount of ♥♥♥♥s for anyone else's opinion/feelings.
  #234 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Avalanchemike Avalanchemike is a male The Byzantine Empire Avalanchemike is offline
patron saint of subtlety
Send a message via Skype™ to Avalanchemike

View Posts: 24,552

Tywin Lannister is the best chance for the Lannisters to retain control over the land. Unlike his daughter or sons, he's practical and logical to a T. "That baby going to be a problem in twenty years? Don't worry, I'll smash it's head in for you."

#235 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to zay

View Posts: 11,317

I still haven't seen season two yet and I haven't read the books.

But I watched all of season one again, and I get it much better now!

Tywin, Tryion and Sansa are the best!

Oh and Tywin's Armour is ♥♥♥♥ing amazing...I want it, as well as the dire wolf sword!

SIG BY CAYLEY

Alle Menschen werden Brder
  #236 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
View Posts: 13,251

Killing Renly at the top of the episode was pretty weak, strictly from a story-telling perspective. The moment that ended the previous episode had everyone riled up, but the week in between episodes killed a lot of that momentum, and placing such a big event at the top of the episode kind of made the episode feel a little weaker than the ones before it. That said, this is Game of Thrones, so it was still a great episode.

I hope we see more of Margaery, in any case, because she's a pretty neato character and can rock that ice cream cone dress like no other.

I thought the Tyrion stuff this week was surprisingly soft. It was cool to see the room of napalm or whatever, but until we see that ♥♥♥♥ in action against Stannis' ships, I'm not going to get too riled over it.

The Arya/Tywin stuff, however, was awesome. Their exchange, the way she holds his gaze with the "anyone can be killed," which calls back to her own father's death but also speaks to her own plans for him, was amazing. That girl can act. That said, having the episode end with her first "wish" being fulfilled...eh, not the strongest episode ending when the audience knows it is going to happen. I mean, no one was expecting that dude not to kill the guy.

Theon is such a little ♥♥♥♥♥. I hope Rickon smashes him like he was smashing those nuts. Also, Hodor!

The stuff with Dany and Qarth was pretty interesting, especially with that one dude sowing the seeds of doubt in her mind about Jorah.

Catelyn and Brienne: the Thelma & Louise of Westeros.
  #237 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote:
Also, Hodor!
HODOR!!!!! I love him.

Quote:
I hope we see more of Margaery, in any case, because she's a pretty neato character and can rock that ice cream cone dress like no other.
I know right? But dont worry, we will see more of her. And hopefully that mad sweet dress!
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

#238 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
OL, OL OL OL

THE FREE CITY OF
Last Edited by Loveboat; 05-01-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #239 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

At first I didn't see the text and was wondering what mentos had anything to do with Game of Thrones... but I see what you did there.

thanks for the laugh.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #240 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Red Dingo
View Posts: 1,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galedeep View Post
Killing Renly at the top of the episode was pretty weak, strictly from a story-telling perspective. The moment that ended the previous episode had everyone riled up, but the week in between episodes killed a lot of that momentum, and placing such a big event at the top of the episode kind of made the episode feel a little weaker than the ones before it. That said, this is Game of Thrones, so it was still a great episode.
Yeah, I was kinda expecting an episode ending on Renly's death. In the books, that scene with Melisandre happened after Renly's death (a second assassination mission).

Quote:
We'll see definitely see more of her and not just storywise. Me thinks the producers are gonna put her in more peculiar dresses.

Quote:
I thought the Tyrion stuff this week was surprisingly soft. It was cool to see the room of napalm or whatever, but until we see that ♥♥♥♥ in action against Stannis' ships, I'm not going to get too riled over it.

Quote:
The Arya/Tywin stuff, however, was awesome. Their exchange, the way she holds his gaze with the "anyone can be killed," which calls back to her own father's death but also speaks to her own plans for him, was amazing. That girl can act. That said, having the episode end with her first "wish" being fulfilled...eh, not the strongest episode ending when the audience knows it is going to happen. I mean, no one was expecting that dude not to kill the guy.
Pretty much shows her transformation into a heroic sociopath.

Quote:
Theon is such a little ♥♥♥♥♥. I hope Rickon smashes him like he was smashing those nuts. Also, Hodor!
Smashing? More like peeling.

Quote:
The stuff with Dany and Qarth was pretty interesting, especially with that one dude sowing the seeds of doubt in her mind about Jorah.
Everyone just wants her for her dragons instead of her personality.

Quote:
Catelyn and Brienne: the Thelma & Louise of Westeros.

Tags
a game of thrones, a song of ice and fire, arya is best character, brienne of tarth, catelyn smells, corn, dolorous edd, george r. r. martin, i call it needle, is that a giant?, jon snow, kermit flail, mance mance mance, margaery is badass, me member, omg spoilers, promise me ned, season 3, tv series, valar morguilis, winter is coming, you know nothing