Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#141 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the government?
View Posts: 992
Re: Comics Chit-Chat Thread: Wednesday is New Comic Book Day!

I see. Didn't like it that much except for the Batman and Flash titles.
Superman isn't super anymore. lol

I'm reading Daredevil Reborn comic, which is pretty good. If he's a popular or mainstay in the Avengers, I'm sure he's their Batman figure. Dark and moody, then again, Avengers doesn't fear one another. Most of the JL fears Batman.

Btw, do you know what happened after Civil War? I tried to research it but didn't get any clear answer, just saying that Cap gets shot, Iron Man wins, Bucky becomes Cap, Spidey made a deal with the devil to reset things. So are all heroes on the pro-registration act still up to now?
  #142 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
Steam ID: nolanam
View Posts: 13,572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneaes View Post
Btw, do you know what happened after Civil War? I tried to research it but didn't get any clear answer, just saying that Cap gets shot, Iron Man wins, Bucky becomes Cap, Spidey made a deal with the devil to reset things. So are all heroes on the pro-registration act still up to now?
It also drove a lot of the anti-registration heroes underground (ie the New Avengers), created The Initiative, allowed Norman Osborne to take control of the Thunderbolts, and overall helped pave the way toward the Secret Invasion event. The one thing you have to credit Marvel with when it comes to their events is that they tend to lead into one another quite well.
  #143 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 PM

Okay... So all the events after CW like Secret Invasion and World War Hulk means that most heroes don't have a secret identity anymore? Except of course, for Spidey and some others. When did Iron Man gave up the chase to force the others to be pro-registration?
  #144 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 PM
View Posts: 12,150

When it was made law. A whole ton of the ASM Brand New Day storyline is based around Spiderman being labled an outlaw.
  #145 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 PM

So Spidey and the others are still an outlaw to this day? Then how come they are working together with the Avengers in AvX? They are in front of pro-reg heroes. Gah.. Sorry, I'm getting confused. Because when I read the other events after Civil War, the pro-reg and the anti-reg seems to be getting along well and I'm like whatever happened to the hunter and the hunted.
  #146 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 PM

Keep in mind Civil War was over 5 years ago. A lot has changed and happened since then.
  #147 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Big Damn Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneaes View Post
So Spidey and the others are still an outlaw to this day? Then how come they are working together with the Avengers in AvX? They are in front of pro-reg heroes. Gah.. Sorry, I'm getting confused. Because when I read the other events after Civil War, the pro-reg and the anti-reg seems to be getting along well and I'm like whatever happened to the hunter and the hunted.
Secret Invasion was something of a bonding/reuniting experience for most of the heroes. And considering it pretty much ruined Stark's reputation, his registration agenda sort of fell by the wayside.

Of course, that's when Osborne took control, so most of the superheroes ended up going underground for that. Then Siege happened and the "heroic age" (aka "status quo") was basically resumed.
  #148 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Ohh.. I see.
I skipped most of the events after CW and WWH.
I only read the first issue of Secret Invasion, it didn't really appeal to me that much to be honest.
Have to find it.

So that's CW = Secret Invasion = Dark Reign = Siege = Heroic Age.
Then from there on out, I can skip the next events and not get confused with AvX. I got confused in Shadowland as well but I didn't like Shadowland anyway, weird thing is I finished it.
Alright, I'll download it now!
  #149 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Off-Key Anthem
View Posts: 10,388

What's everyone's thoughts on the Daredevil film from 2003? I just got done watching the Dircertor's Cut (I'd seen the movie before, but not since around release).

After seeing Daredevil in Ultimate Spider-Man's Ultimate Knights arc, I've been thinking about reading Frank Miller's run when I have the time.
  #150 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Big Damn Hero

I've heard the director's cut of Daredevil is much better than the theatrical cut. I've only seen the movie the one time (which is telling as to how much I enjoyed it), but I don't remember out-and-out detesting it, just not being overly impressed by anything.

Which is a shame, because Matt Murdock is one of the more interesting characters in the Marvel universe with a backstory that is pretty readily adaptable to film.

I've only read a little bit of Daredevil's on-going stuff, mostly the things surrounding Shadowland. It's a pretty consistently dark book, from what I can tell.
  #151 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Off-Key Anthem

Yeah, the cut had a nice look at what Murdock did in the court room. Probably helped pacing, though I'd have to watch the theatrical to compare. I've always like Daredevil though.

Anyway. I just got done reading Ultimate Spider-Man #133, and can someone explain what's going on?? What's the Ultimatum arc about? Do I have to read Ultimatum (it's not that long, I think)? It's just Magneto ending the world, but, like, how do they fix that. What do I read next, since it looks like they renumbered?/retitled?/relaunched? Ultimate Spider-Man and made it really confusing for me.
  #152 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Big Damn Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
Anyway. I just got done reading Ultimate Spider-Man #133, and can someone explain what's going on?? What's the Ultimatum arc about? Do I have to read Ultimatum (it's not that long, I think)? It's just Magneto ending the world, but, like, how do they fix that. What do I read next, since it looks like they renumbered?/retitled?/relaunched? Ultimate Spider-Man and made it really confusing for me.
Ultimatum was Jeph Loeb basically killing a bunch of the Ultimate Universe in a horrible over-the-top way. You can read it if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it. If I remember correctly, it doesn't impact the Spider-Man book much, and you can probably just move on to the briefly renumbered and renamed Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and be able to keep up without too much trouble.

I think there was a brief one-shot or mini at some point that dealt with the supporting characters in the book and how they were dealing with the fallout of Ultimatum. I remember quite liking it, but don't think it's required reading for the arc if you don't feel like tracking them down.
  #153 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Off-Key Anthem

Yeah, Requim. It's only two issues, so I might give a look for it.

But alright, sounds good. I'll give a look for those. Isn't the new Spider-Man (Miles) under Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man too though? Does his run start a few issues in then?
  #154 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Big Damn Hero

I don't remember exactly how many issues it is before the switch to the new Spider-Man, but it's a few arcs at least. You'll know it when you get to it, because the final Peter Parker arc is appropriately titled "The Dead of Spider-Man."

Once Miles takes over, I really can't say whether you should keep reading or not. I stopped reading the book (and basically all others) around that point.
  #155 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM

The Ultimates and Ultimate X-Men (as well as the Ultimate Hawkeye mini series) have been a little jumbled, and not too amazing IMO. But Ultimate Spiderman has been really good so far.

Also, Batman Earth One came out last Wednesday. I haven't gotten to the store to pick up all my comics since I got home from Edmonton. But I can't wait to read it!
  #156 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM

Spider-Men series is Ultimate universe too right?

I saw Batman Earth One on Tumblr and I have to say that E-1 Alfred is badass.
Spoiler:  
  #157 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM

Ya, Peter gets transported to the Ulatimate Universe and meets Miles.
  #158 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Off-Key Anthem

All caught up with Ultimate (Comics:) Spider-Man. The Death of Spider-Man arc was handled really well, pacing was tight. Damn, though. If that didn't bum me out a little bit.

Miles' run is pretty interesting. After five or six issues it kinda takes off. Dude needs to get some web slingers already, though.
Last Edited by Holden; 07-10-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #159 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM

Oh... I thought they just revived Ultimate Peter.

Anyways, Kick-Ass 2 is good but not as good as the first one.
  #160 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Holy ❤❤❤❤...I got a gigantic stack from the last 3 weeks...going to take me a while to read through it all.

I liked the ending of Court of Owls in Batman #11. They set something up at the ending of #10 that I really didn't like. However they kind of fixed it in the end of the story, which I was happy about.

Also excited to read Mind the Gap issue 2, but I have to fish issue 1 out and re read it to make sure I can follow all the clues.