Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Twili
View Posts: 403
I need Sprite Makers!

Hi, I'm Jotari. I've just finished my first year in college doing computer games development and as a little side project of sorts I've decided to make a Zelda RPG using RPG Maker XP. Problem is I can't draw in any way shape or form and need a few custom sprites to make things look Zeldaish. So I was hoping someone could whip me a few up. I'm not sure how big the list will be of characters I need (some I can get from Four Swords Adventures among other places) but I know that primarily I need Link, Ganondorf, Byrne, Zora, Goron, Wolf Link and Impa sprites. Don't know how I'm going to use him in the story but I'd like to see Ghiarhim as well. If anyone can sort me out with these it would be a great help.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Fools. All of them.
Send a message via AIM to Rakshael Send a message via Skype™ to Rakshael
View Posts: 2,714
Re: I need Sprite Makers!

Well you can glean sprites from pre-existing sources such as ALttP, LA, Oox, or MC spritesheets. Those games will help you out tremendously in the area of designs. Keeping all palettes within the 16-color limit will help as well. If you're looking for customs, you can either base your designs off of the pre-existing ones, or do what you're doing and recruit some help. Spriting takes a lot less "drawing skills" than it does planning, because you don't have to draw well to fill in squares, and it doesn't take DaVinci's eye to spot errors in your sprite.

I'm a horrible spriter myself, but I know a good bit of the process. Anyways, good luck!

#3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Steam ID: sikora002
View Posts: 6,528

I used to be an active pixel artist. But I will only join if there are others helping with the pixel art.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Twili
View Posts: 403

Oh I do plan on taking sprites from as many pre-exsiting places as I can find. It still won't be enough for some points though since the likes of Ganondorf have never been seen in sprited format. I also think it would be nice to have an original Link sprite as well as original Deku/Goron//Zora sprites for the playable characters leaving the already existing ripped ones for the generic NPCs, but really isn't that pressing compared to some of the others.
Closed Thread