Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#notallmen

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,987
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

You need to stick around, Ben. GD can always use more activity, and SotW especially. Loving your signauture for this week. We need more of that and, guys-- I'm being totally serious here-- we need suggestions for SotW. From different people, even those who only like to vote for SotW.
I'm hoping that by the summer, SotW can actually run every week instead of every other. I'm also finalizing the boss contest on the Zelda section now, but as soon as that's done, I'll make sure to plan a GD-oriented event for the summer. You guys can start brainstorming for that like starting now. Give us ideas, Ben!
__________________
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Ben Ben is a male United Kingdom Ben is offline
friendly shadow friend
Send a message via Skype™ to Ben


Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 5,816
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
You need to stick around, Ben. GD can always use more activity, and SotW especially. Loving your signauture for this week. We need more of that and, guys-- I'm being totally serious here-- we need suggestions for SotW. From different people, even those who only like to vote for SotW.
I'm hoping that by the summer, SotW can actually run every week instead of every other. I'm also finalizing the boss contest on the Zelda section now, but as soon as that's done, I'll make sure to plan a GD-oriented event for the summer. You guys can start brainstorming for that like starting now. Give us ideas, Ben!
Hopefully I'll remember to put my graphics stuff onto this computer this time I'm home, so I'll actually be able to do stuff at Uni ! I'd definitely like to get back into making sigs more often, it's good fun and hey, if it out helps here I'm game, this place will always have a special spot in my heart. :3

One idea I've had in the past was a big graphics tournament type thing, maybe with one of our affiliated forums to try and get more folks involved. I'm thinking a knock-out thing, perhaps with more limits (eg. size limits, vert tags only, colour restrictions) thank SotW to spice things up. I also tried out a Tutorial of the Week type thing; I looked round for a good tut, asked permission and posted it here, there wasn't really a lot of interest though, but it might be worth another shot.

Other than that I think we need to try attracting some new activity. I see a lot of old faces, but it'd be cool if we could get some more new people in. Maybe a little banner for our signatures linking to the thread, give out winner banners for people too wear, hell, even stalk people in the newbie forum and plug it there! The more in people's face we are the more likely they are to notice us :3

Besides that though I wanna say thanks to you - you're doing a fantastic job here. Sometimes this place isn't the most exciting place to mod, making SotW threads and counting votes can get tedious, and it's frustrating when there isn't a lot of interest, but you're sticking with it and that's really awesome. I love the Beauty Letter, it puts a smile on my face everytime I get it. Thanks for all you're doing here, and if you ever need a hand feel free to drop me a PM/VM and I'll be happy to help!
__________________

3 people liked this post: Caleb, Holden, IGNIS
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Caleb Caleb is a male United States Caleb is offline
let's all go sleep
Steam ID: Luxensis Wii U ID: HalysisGFX 3DS ID: 4270-1953-6378

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
View Posts: 3,594
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I also tried out a Tutorial of the Week type thing; I looked round for a good tut, asked permission and posted it here, there wasn't really a lot of interest though, but it might be worth another shot.
OOOOOH, we should do this
I'd definitely be willing to get it started
I think it's only fitting since I got the admins to compromise and put in a [tutorial] tag in
And I've kinda wanted to be part of a big project like that for a while now.
1 person liked this post: IGNIS
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Snurtlicious Snurtlicious is a male United States Snurtlicious is offline
i miss you guys ;)
Send a message via Skype™ to Snurtlicious
Steam ID: Snurtlicious 3DS ID: 3480-3672-1360
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A Room With A Moose.
View Posts: 4,193
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Graphic Design friends! [/Embrace!]

I think a tut of the week could be fun. I like the tournament idea too, but I'd probably get out pretty quick.

I still need to learn how to use the stupid pen tool in PS
__________________

1 person liked this post: IGNIS
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Nesi Finland Nesi is offline
I may not be perfect... but my dog loves me.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nesi
Steam ID: AlkalineCandy

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winland
View Posts: 18,327
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

IGNIS x Ben

best gfx buddies ever <333

Contribution to the topic: I have never really gotten real active in the entire art section and my lack of skills on this matter should be blamed. I'm a massive lurker, though, and - even if I don't notice something - the Beauty Letter always makes sure I don't miss out on anything. So, just as Ben said, I'd like to say thanks for that and making sure it's appreciated and, well, read. I guess it's nice to let you know every now and then, given that it must be quite a draining task to format it so neat as it always is, thank you, IGNIS, for the dedication.

What Ben says seems to make sense to me, with all the "being in people's face" and whatnot; so just a friendly holler, if there's something one can help without the need to touch a photoshop thingy, I'd be rather happy to ANNOY THE NEWBS or whatever, and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one. Tournaments-wise, I cannot be help, my oh-so-fantastic contribution to SotW was a ... cloud last week, lol. xD

SO.
YOU TWO ARE GREAT.
Not only you two, artmodsies are pretty damn kickass, but IGNIS is so enthusiastic that I can't help but pick it up and share his enthusiasm and now that Ben is semi-back, I'm all ^_____^ and feel inspired to lurk even more.

So.
Goodbye.
Back to lurking mode.
__________________
2 people liked this post: Ben, IGNIS
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#notallmen

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,987
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

@Ben: it makes me incredibly happy to receive this kind of feedback, and it's awesome know you're planning to stick around and that you're interested in contributing to GD with these ideas. I'll make sure to examine these ideas and see how we can put em' in motion. You've always been a key figure here Ben, so I greatly appreciate all this coming from you!

@Nesi: likewise, you've no idea how much I appreciate your interest in the CC section, and getting feedback from you and Ben on the beauty letter makes me extremely glad I've found ways to efficiently send these out every two weeks with every punch I can throw in there to make them exciting-- really happy to hear you all are enjoying these and that they're doing their job at keeping everybody up to date with the CC business! I'm especially glad more and more people who are not used to making creative stuff are still interested enough to appreciate what's going on in the section.

@Caleb: Looks like Navii's bringing back the tutorial trend. Definitely want to see this flourish and turn into something that attracts people from all angles of the forum to learn GD stuff that's basic, advanced or anything in-between.

@Snurt: summer's coming so I'm guessing there's no better time to plan something ambitious by then. You're helping out!

Guys, manly tears have been shed. ;_;

That said, we're kicking ass this summer. This summer's gonna be really sick. SotW will go back to being a weekly thing, we'll make sure to work more closely with every suggestion you throw at us, and plan something big and fun for all of us to be part of. Teamwork!
__________________
Last Edited by IGNIS; 04-25-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason:
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Caleb Caleb is a male United States Caleb is offline
let's all go sleep
Steam ID: Luxensis Wii U ID: HalysisGFX 3DS ID: 4270-1953-6378

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
View Posts: 3,594
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

I think on sunday I'm going to start the TotW, featuring Navii's classroom. Her tutorial is really nice and it's really easy to follow.

I'm also gonna make a new logo for it that's more modern-looking than what we have for the SotW, but use the same shield. I'll finish that and get it approved by you guys today or tomorrow.
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Snurtlicious Snurtlicious is a male United States Snurtlicious is offline
i miss you guys ;)
Send a message via Skype™ to Snurtlicious
Steam ID: Snurtlicious 3DS ID: 3480-3672-1360
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A Room With A Moose.
View Posts: 4,193
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!




Hey Iggie, I made this banner thing because, well, I have no life. I figured maybe you could use it for something.
__________________

3 people liked this post: IGNIS, Loki Laufeyson, Tharja's boingy bits
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 AM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#notallmen

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,987
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I think on sunday I'm going to start the TotW, featuring Navii's classroom. Her tutorial is really nice and it's really easy to follow.

I'm also gonna make a new logo for it that's more modern-looking than what we have for the SotW, but use the same shield. I'll finish that and get it approved by you guys today or tomorrow.
Like tutorial of the week? Will we have enough of those to warrant a featured tutorial every/other week? We can test it out, though I think a better solution is to give kick-ass GD threads the artist of the moment treatment like every other week and give them a sticky. Can include tutorials/galleries/shops. Sounds more practical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurtlicious View Post



Hey Iggie, I made this banner thing because, well, I have no life. I figured maybe you could use it for something.
Nice! See if we can use that for something. You know how the beauty letters always have a different picture? I'll see if I can apply this sort of thing to one of the GD threads and get others to participate for this kind of thing y'know?
__________________
1 person liked this post: Holden
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Caleb Caleb is a male United States Caleb is offline
let's all go sleep
Steam ID: Luxensis Wii U ID: HalysisGFX 3DS ID: 4270-1953-6378

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
View Posts: 3,594
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
Like tutorial of the week? Will we have enough of those to warrant a featured tutorial every/other week? We can test it out, though I think a better solution is to give kick-ass GD threads the artist of the moment treatment like every other week and give them a sticky. Can include tutorials/galleries/shops. Sounds more practical to me.
Well the original TotW that Ben did wasn't just like tutorials from ZU, it was also tutorials from other sites and tutorial places, if I understand correctly. But now that we have ZU people doing tutorials, we can feature those as well...

But after reading what you said for a third time, I think I'm going to do that instead! We don't really have anything like that for graphics so I think it'd be cool if we did.

Anyone wanna think up names for it? I can get EL to make a banner to put in CR/signature space once we finalize the name.
1 person liked this post: IGNIS
  #171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Ben Ben is a male United Kingdom Ben is offline
friendly shadow friend
Send a message via Skype™ to Ben


Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 5,816
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Yeah I think IGNIS is onto something with an artist of the moment type thing, it allows for a lot more flexibility, and hopefully will keep it fresh week-to-week.

On another note - if anyone ever wants me to do a tutorial/provide the .PSD to one of my tags I'm more than happy to do so. Obviously tutorials take time so they might not come straight away, but if it helps people learn and get involved I'm all for it. I'm gonna throw up a gallery at some point, and I'm planning give away some of my old tags for people to wear as a sort of pre-made sig shop type thing.
__________________

1 person liked this post: IGNIS
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Navii_ Navii_ is a female United States Navii_ is offline
Navii!
Send a message via Skype™ to Navii_
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
View Posts: 692
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post

@Caleb: Looks like Navii's bringing back the tutorial trend. Definitely want to see this flourish and turn into something that attracts people from all angles of the forum to learn GD stuff that's basic, advanced or anything in-between.

@Snurt: summer's coming so I'm guessing there's no better time to plan something ambitious by then. You're helping out!

Guys, manly tears have been shed. ;_;

That said, we're kicking ass this summer. This summer's gonna be really sick. SotW will go back to being a weekly thing, we'll make sure to work more closely with every suggestion you throw at us, and plan something big and fun for all of us to be part of. Teamwork!
Thanks for noticing my thread there *all warm and freakin fuzzy* I didn't know the tutorial gig had gone for a time, im glad to maybe try and Resurrect that! They do take some time, BUT if it helps people learn then im all for doing a ton of them! <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb;4689686[B
]I think on sunday I'm going to start the TotW, featuring Navii's classroom. Her tutorial is really nice and it's really easy to follow.[/B]

I'm also gonna make a new logo for it that's more modern-looking than what we have for the SotW, but use the same shield. I'll finish that and get it approved by you guys today or tomorrow.
Eeeee!! That would be so exciting! Glad I could help contribute to the Graphic community side of ZU <3 <3 <3 and thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you guys like it! surely prompts me to do more!

Allow me to be mush and expess my "gay" (as in happy and a little sappy) love for you all...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yeah I think IGNIS is onto something with an artist of the moment type thing, it allows for a lot more flexibility, and hopefully will keep it fresh week-to-week.

On another note - if anyone ever wants me to do a tutorial/provide the .PSD to one of my tags I'm more than happy to do so. Obviously tutorials take time so they might not come straight away, but if it helps people learn and get involved I'm all for it. I'm gonna throw up a gallery at some point, and I'm planning give away some of my old tags for people to wear as a sort of pre-made sig shop type thing.
I would love to see you do a tutorial on one of your tags Ben, the one in the SotW sign up is AMAZING!! Love it! I'll definately be checking if you do <3
__________________
Hey! Listen!!



Happy member of the Farore Clan
2 people liked this post: Ben, IGNIS
  #173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Ben Ben is a male United Kingdom Ben is offline
friendly shadow friend
Send a message via Skype™ to Ben


Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 5,816
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

@Navii:
I can definitely do one for my entry this week! I'm freeish tomorrow so I might have a chance to do it then, watch this space!

In other news, thought you guys might be interested in this website. It's basically my god when it comes to selecting colours that are going to fit nicely in a tag, it can be really handy!
__________________

2 people liked this post: IGNIS, Navii_
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 04:24 AM
Navii_ Navii_ is a female United States Navii_ is offline
Navii!
Send a message via Skype™ to Navii_
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
View Posts: 692
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
@Navii:
I can definitely do one for my entry this week! I'm freeish tomorrow so I might have a chance to do it then, watch this space!

In other news, thought you guys might be interested in this website. It's basically my god when it comes to selecting colours that are going to fit nicely in a tag, it can be really handy!
W00t!! Keeping my eyes peeled!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT OF BOREDOM (BL's Rock btw) <3!

__________________
Hey! Listen!!



Happy member of the Farore Clan
Last Edited by Navii_; 04-28-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason:
2 people liked this post: IGNIS, Loki Laufeyson
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 AM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#notallmen

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,987
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navii_ View Post
W00t!! Keeping my eyes peeled!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT OF BOREDOM (BL's Rock btw) <3!

And that'd be mighty perfect for one of the BL images! You guys are up to something here. Really feeling some energy. <3
__________________
1 person liked this post: Ben
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Ben Ben is a male United Kingdom Ben is offline
friendly shadow friend
Send a message via Skype™ to Ben


Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 5,816
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

Totally forgot I was meant to make that tutorial, I have Monday off, so poke me and I'll do it then, it'll be a nice distraction from learning anatomy or whatever!

EDIT: GUYS GUYS THE FORUM NAME CHANGED :O
__________________

Last Edited by Ben; 04-28-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason:
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Avalanchemike Avalanchemike is a male The Byzantine Empire Avalanchemike is offline
patron saint of subtlety
Send a message via Skype™ to Avalanchemike
Steam ID: Avalanchemike Wii U ID: AvaMike

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Borealia
View Posts: 25,439
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

staff decided it needed more vitamin c
__________________


"It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong"
- G. K. Chesterton

2 people liked this post: Ben, Holden
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Ben Ben is a male United Kingdom Ben is offline
friendly shadow friend
Send a message via Skype™ to Ben


Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 5,816
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

we are all scurvy seadogs.
__________________

  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Holden Holden is offline
Off-Key Anthem
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dreamside
View Posts: 10,387
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

*cccccc-dogs
__________________
2 people liked this post: IGNIS, Vynrah
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Ben Ben is a male United Kingdom Ben is offline
friendly shadow friend
Send a message via Skype™ to Ben


Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 5,816
Re: The GD Loft ||| Baby Come Back!

I c what you did there.
__________________

2 people liked this post: Holden, Navii_
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -