Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
hella
View Posts: 4,552
[ZUHC] October: Adopt a Shelter Animal Month!

Adotpt a Shelter Animal Month!

Everyone loves animals right? Why not help one out of a rough spot and give it a nice loving home this month? Be it a dog, cat, rabbit, snake, fish, or what have you, the animals of your community need your love! If you can't adopt one yourself, maybe consider volunteering at a shelter for abandoned animals and help socialize them and play with them, it's a rewarding experience and great for you youngsters who need things for your resumes!

Feel free to share any stories about animals you've gotten from shelters too. My two cats and my dog are all from shelters in the area and are easily the most loving creatures I've ever come into contact with. And I miss them so much! <3

October Holidays
8th - National Costume Swap Day
16th - World Food Day
25th - Picasso's Birthday
31st - Halloween

If you have any interest in becomming a ZUHC artist, and you think you might want to do a card for one of these days, contact Mattocks or Vynrah and let us know! :>

Updates will be posted in this thread as the cards are made. Enjoy!

Last Edited by Mattocks; 10-16-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Doctor You, Holden
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I may not be perfect... but my dog loves me.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nesi
Steam ID: AlkalineCandy

View Posts: 18,169
Re: [ZUHC] October: Adopt a Shelter Animal Month!

My puppy approves!

She's one-year-old and neutered, of course. Not only we couldn't afford to deal with her puppies andwe don't want them to be strays or just have a miserable life, but also they say it's safer for female dogs, as they won't get womb cancer and nasty stuff like that. So my puppy can never have sex, but she's not aware of it, so it's okay. :>

We're going to dog school, too! Once in a week, and it helps to teach my puppy how to be a disciplined, smart dog.

I've never had any animals from shelters, though. But I'm certain I'm going to miss this beloved little one of mine when I go to uni! It hurts to think of it.

PM me for the clan test!
4 people liked this post: Ahluk, Doctor You, Holden, Malia
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wales View Post

My puppy approves!

She's one-year-old and neutered, of course. Not only we couldn't afford to deal with her puppies andwe don't want them to be strays or just have a miserable life, but also they say it's safer for female dogs, as they won't get womb cancer and nasty stuff like that. So my puppy can never have sex, but she's not aware of it, so it's okay. :>

We're going to dog school, too! Once in a week, and it helps to teach my puppy how to be a disciplined, smart dog.

I've never had any animals from shelters, though. But I'm certain I'm going to miss this beloved little one of mine when I go to uni! It hurts to think of it.
OHMYGOD GIVE! ;_;

But she can still have sex after being neutered.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Bieten Sie Ihren Seele dem Dunklen Lord
Send a message via Skype™ to Succubus

View Posts: 10,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wales View Post

My puppy approves!

Sooooo adorable Nesi <33

I have a kitty (kitten; 2 weeks) who was from a shelter. She turned 3 years old this year and she's sooo adorable (sorry I would show piccy's but I have none uploaded ;-; )
1 person liked this post: Nesi
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,923

My birthday in 2005, I found next door 6 kittens or so, and their mother either abandoned them or was killed. We brought them in the house, and my cat was not amused. We had to send them to an animal shelter. 2 of them died of hunger.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 PM
View Posts: 12,224

You're one of the reasons Vynrah spent 10 days telling me to get her a puppy....
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 AM
View Posts: 324

A few weeks ago I found a little Fish in a plastic bag...in a trash can!!!! :V of course I took the little thing with me S/he will have a happy life with me and hopefully I'll be able to get him/her some friends by the end of this week.

Not sure if this goes here tough :<
2 people liked this post: Doctor You, Vynrah
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I may not be perfect... but my dog loves me.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nesi
Steam ID: AlkalineCandy

View Posts: 18,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonely View Post
OHMYGOD GIVE! ;_;

But she can still have sex after being neutered.
I'm not sure. Female dogs only have sex when they're on their periods, and since she'll never have hers... :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia View Post
Sooooo adorable Nesi <33

I have a kitty (kitten; 2 weeks) who was from a shelter. She turned 3 years old this year and she's sooo adorable (sorry I would show piccy's but I have none uploaded ;-; )
Thankies~

Aww, kittens! Even if I have my puppy, deep in my heart I prefer cats. They're so mysterious, graceful AND cute at the same time, it's magical. <3

As for other news: we gave a stray dog a home for one night!

So acquaintes of ours called that they had found a dog on the street who - according to the predestrians - belongs to an old lady in our street. I have no idea, frankly. However, that friendly place in the mountains where stray animals are given home is closed at 21.00, so for one night the dog stays with us and the acquaintes take him away tomorrow morning.

He's a healthy old Golden Retriever, really friendly - and somewhat horny. Even if my female puppy is neutered, that fact didn't stop him to try to make friends (and sweet love) with her.

And gosh, he's huge. I'm not used to such giant and heavy dogs after my puppy. But also really obedient, he totally came to me when I was calling my puppy. x3

Talking about that, my little one is jealous as hell. She appreciates the new friend around, altough she's kind of afraid of him, as the Goldie is really big, but when I was patting his head, my puppy almost exploded.

I shall make pics. <3

PM me for the clan test!
Last Edited by Nesi; 10-03-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Succubus
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
The last temptation of a good man is to do the right thing for the wrong reason.
Send a message via Skype™ to Doctor You
Steam ID: It's a secret to e'erybody.
View Posts: 866

Spay and neuter your pets.

October's an amazing month, it's the perfect temperature between summer and winter. I volunteer at the animal shelter twice a month, but I think it might just be for selfish reasons, I hate to say. As much as I care about their well-being and safety...I mostly go there for theur utter adoration and cuteness. So wrong, I know... Happy October guys.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 02:49 PM
View Posts: 12,224

Today is World Food Day! I encourage everyone to go check out the delicious looking card, as well as read up on what the holiday is all about. As a cook, it's personally a pretty meaningful day.

Also, I realise we didn't get costume swap day card done, but this is why we continue to encourage everyone to get involved and become a ZUHC artist! You don't have to be super tallented, I mean, if I can do it, any one can
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Cap'n Harrie Cap'n Harrie is a female United Kingdom Cap'n Harrie is offline
Steam ID: harrie53 3DS ID: 2251-5422-5501/WispyPig

View Posts: 1,971

And today's Halloween!
Go check it out <3

Aurelia asked me if I wanted to do Halloween, so I did c:
You guys should definitely take part, that was fun :D

this post was brought to you by a 100% authentic human being and definitely NOT a bear
1 person liked this post: Vynrah