Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Link is hanging from my pamp qwitch!

View Posts: 13,410
[ZUBC] Podcast Feedback Thread 2011! Feedback SUCKS! (And Liah loves Mike ^__^)

New year, new thread! Welcome to the Podcast Feedback and Suggestion Thread for 2011! In this thread, you'll find the release posts for all podcasts coming in 2011 (You can also find them in our archive thread stickied at the top of this forum).

Please also use this thread to give us your feeback and suggestions and questions!

And now, ladies and gentlemen:

Happy New Year! Here's a Podcast!

Hey everybody! Well, before we embark on 2011's journey, let me just say a few words about the last year in the ZUBC. 2010 was a year of much changes for ZUBC. We kicked it up a notch and really busted our butts to bring you 2 great (we hope) casts per month, and let our imaginations run wild with creative and entertaining content for you. We enjoyed some great feedback and learned a lot about each other as a team. We learned to work together more, because of our dedication to bringing you a lot of quality content. And I must say- every moment of it was an honor.

As co-producer of ZUBC let me say Thank You to everyone who helped make 2010 a great and educational year for us. Liah, my partner in heading this up. A wise, sexay woman whom is always a peasure to work with and whom I really feel "gets me" even when she doesn't agree with me, and for that I highly respect her. <3 ya babe!
Next- to the whole team, who worked overtime to make it happen week after week, and who stuck along for the ride (and there were many ups and downs!). We all improved our skills and got to know each other better, I feel.
And then of course, infinite thanks to everyone who listens and enjoys what we do, and who engages with us and has been around for the journey. Even if you just started listening- thank you. We can't wait to hear from you and to continue to bring you informative, entertaining Zelda content.

That said, I have one announcement before we turn loose the January 2011 cast-
While 2010 showed us that we could consistently bring you good content on a biweekly basis, for which we are proud, it turned out to be just a tad too demanding on our schedules. So we have decided as a team that we need to slow down the pace just a bit. We will be doing one podcast a month, sometimes two, depending on news and how active we've been in producing content. If we've got the content, we'll have another cast even more than once a month. But never you worry, we promise at least one full length podcast a month, with strong possibilities of extra content as available...

Including season 2 of La Radionovela de los Zelda: Pasión de Otaku, the thrilling, naughty, politically incorrect tale of a duo of friends, trapped inside a bad Zelda fan-fic. More later, stay tuned!!

And now, here it is- The first podcast of 2011!

Today, your podcast goes as follows:
  • 00:02:50 - 00:06:38 Webmaster Cody has the latest in Zelda News!
  • 00:19:14 - 00:17:29 Ezlo Spirit.... and a guest!... do some Hyrule Profiling.
  • 00:19:03 - 00:25:58 Liah fills in for Rosco Rhoads and gives us the latest news from Zelda Universe's Forum community.
  • 00:27:26 - 00:46:32 Hombre de Mundo and guest Crab Helmet will discuss whether Zelda fans are likely to be happy or disappointed with Ocarina of time 3DS.
  • 00:46:32 - 00:53:41Your Feedback.
  • 00:53:41 - 01:01:57 ZU's Forums are full of awesome people and great interactive opportunities. Margar will highlight some of the more notable people, posts, and areas of the Forum community.
  • 01:01:58 - 01:03:19 Closing
  • 01:03:22 - 01:07:04 Who we are (ie: credits).
  • 01:07:06 - 01:08:10 Lulz (ie: bloopers).

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

Don't forget you can suscribe to us on iTunes, and if you want to send us word of your thoughts on this podcast, e-mail us at zubc[at]zeldauniverse[dot]net, or post right in this thread!

'Til next time!

#2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM
View Posts: 12,150
Re: [ZUBC] Podcast Feedback Thread 2011! Feedback SUCKS! (And Liah loves Mike ^__^)

I'm starting the year off sexy.

Also yay me, one year on the ZUCast. Suck it *****es who aren't me.
Last Edited by Mattocks; 01-25-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Malia
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Just wait until you hit G-rank
Send a message via Skype™ to Wildstag
Steam ID: odraude3
View Posts: 1,144
Re: [ZUBC] Podcast Feedback Thread 2011! Feedback SUCKS! (And Liah loves Mike ^__^)

I would rather not Mattocks, and also, how long does it take to get on itunes, because I am currently subscribed, but it doesn't show up?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,685

My segment wasn't a theorizing segment so why did stupid Cody and dummy dumb-dumb Mattocks name it as such? >: (
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 19,312

^^^Because the night they recorded, they didn't have many segments ready to hear, had no producer to direct them, very few notes to go on and improvised best they could lol (like, to the point where they weren't even sure of the lineup xD )
Last Edited by Malia; 01-25-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

The entirety of the community news segment was hilarious. I love you, Liah!

???

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liah View Post
^^^Because the night they recorded, they didn't have many segments ready to hear, had no producer to direct them, very few notes to go on and improvised best they could lol (like, to the point where they weren't even sure of the lineup xD )
Not true because they said the subject being possible dissapointment with OoT

Also daaaamn I sucked at english this cast. Note to self: Don't record after jet lag. Plus mic sounded muffled. Gotta fix that.
Last Edited by Hombre de Mundo; 01-25-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Avalanchemike

^^^It is true! Well, they were kiiiinda in the loop with some stuff, but not that much. I mean, if you listen to them they keep talking in general A SPECIAL GUEST, TALKING ABOUT THEORISING--I was actually kinda amused xD (soz to lol @ your struggles Matt/Coddles, you know I love you both baa baaa baaaaaaa). And I don't think people would've noticed (we've ****ed up with the lineup more than once hahahah) unless we point it--OHWAIT (lolol jk we boiz ryt).

@ Blizz: Oh geez, thanks *humbled*. I was actually exhausted when I wrote and recorded that, but my poor Dan was outta commission, boo. I don't envy his job, trying to make interesting news like that lol. Thank you (:
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Divine Dragoon
Steam ID: CodyDaviesTV Wii U ID: DragoonCody

View Posts: 14,978

Theorizing about OoT is still theorizing, I never said "timeline theorizing". ;P

Actually we just guessed stuff based on what had been mentioned previously in threads and from listening to the last couple minutes of recording-halves that hadn't been edited together yet. We had heard zero of the segments! (For Community News we didn't even know what Liah would talk about) =D

Last Edited by Cody; 01-25-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Avalanchemike

^All they knew was I said Dan had leprosy lol.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 PM

I really have to pee, but I'm forcing myself to sit here and listen to the podcast.

???

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
I really have to pee, but I'm forcing myself to sit here and listen to the podcast.
Um... thanks for... sacrificing? I guess...
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Avalanchemike

You're not a TRUE ZUBC fan 'til you've broken your back/killed a person/pee'd your pants for us.
2 people liked this post: KitsuneFox, Pretendo
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 12:57 PM

Well, I lost my will to hold when I was highly disappointed by the feedback segment.

???

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Well, I lost my will to hold when I was highly disappointed by the feedback segment.
Really? I personally thought this feedback segment was one of the very best! (aside from a bit over-the-top in the fake-hate department, but hopefully everyone knows that's a joke)
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM
View Posts: 12,150

It is not a joke. I hate the feedback we get. And I know I can sit here dsaying this all day and no one will believe me.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Avalanchemike

No Matt, I really do believe you lol <33
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM

No, that part was funny. But the lack of feedback used in the segment and the majority of the time not being aimed towards the feedback was the disappointment.

Heck, I made a good-sized feedback earlier that I emailed to you guys. Surely, there's more feedback to reply to than just two. I was quite discouraged from wanting to send in feedback again.

But what am I complaining for... I had an entire podcast dedicated to me with the cowbell, didn't I?

???

Last Edited by Coconut Water; 01-25-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Avalanchemike

^^^And I included you in comm. news!

In all srsness, I didn't select the feedback this time around but I can say when we choose it it's usually based on a few things:

-length
-constructive critique
-someone we haven't replied to before
-something different ('cause we get a lot and so points tend to get repeated a lot)
-if it makes us laugh
-where it comes from (mainsite/forum/inbox etc--we try to alternate some)

I promise if we don't read your feedback, it's nothing personal. We get a lot to pick from, so we have to sift through quite a bit. Still, it's always appreciated (:
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Leave your weapons at the door
View Posts: 4,663

Hey, ZU peoples!

I’ve actually been waiting to hear the podcast (especially ever since I heard Matt was going to be on it… or in it), and it was great. Cody’s nice and calm personality went well with Matt’s… um… sarcasm, I guess. There was some fun humor in the hosting, but I mostly appreciate just hearing your voices and mild discussion on the podcast sections and topics.

I’m sorry about poor Rosco, but Liah did a great job with the announcements. I love the clear enunciation and energy (and sometimes sarcasm) that you guys always deliver with the news. It’s especially great because I hardly wander in the Community Central, and wouldn’t know about any of that stuff otherwise.

Now, I don’t know where the past complaints came from about Ezlo’s section being to kiddy and whatnot. You have my thanks, Ezlo, for making great humor without resorting to crude or vulgar language. It is a bit cheesy at times, but I happen to like cheese, and you guys managed to give a good deal of information about the songs, which was interesting (and I didn’t think they could be). Whoever that guest was—you really ought to know I’m no good with names, especially when they involve numbers—did a great job with the music, and your humor together was great.

I’m sorry, Matt, I’m sorry, Hombre, but Crab Helmet has the hottest English accent I have ever heard. Very attractive, very intelligent, and combined with Hombre… yeah. As I’ve said before, I’ve never played a handheld console game, never had a handheld game console, and never intend to acquire such a console, but your insights are interesting to listen to, though some of it did go over my head. I really look forward to hearing more theorizing on the podcast.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Margar! I know you went out of your way to spotlight the Muses’ Oasis, and I couldn’t have hoped for a better introduction and explanation than you gave. It’s been hard to get more activity in the Writing Section, but it’s slowly progressing due to our awesome mods, teachers, Muses, and awesome members like you.

As usual, the voice and sound and music quality of the cast was great, for which I have Aniday (and his new assistant, I guess) to thank. You guys do a great job with transitions and voice quality, which is a big part of what makes these podcasts fun to listen to.

I don’t know if anything about your feedback section changed, but these last few podcasts have had really great ones. Matt and Mr. Cody were a little bit harsh on this one, but I guess that’s what everyone loves about you—unrequited love. It’s addicting. And sad.

Someday, Hombre, I will release my Hyrule cow theory (despite what you may think, I thought it was slightly creative and potentially funny, at the greatest extreme, perhaps even thoughtful). I don’t know how interesting that sounds—well, actually, I do—but still, if you’re interested, yeah?

And Ezlo, yes, I know something good to profile. But it is a secret.

Well, that about sums it up. Thanks for the… um… stuff! If you’re looking for any news for next time, the writing contest is actually going to happen! We’ll get our ending January results this month, and hopefully we’ll have a good contest for the next one. In fact, we’re hoping to do some inter-forum contests, which may happen next month as well.

Again, thank you for shedding some light on the Writing Forum, and for being the humorous, thoughtful people that you are!

I go now to be a recluse.
Last Edited by Fairess; 01-25-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote