Old 07-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Skype™ to Zanarkand11
View Posts: 12
Zihark

Name: Zihark

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Hair: Black, laid back hair that's spiked outwards in the back.

Eyes: Blue

Weight: 178 pounds

Height: Six feet, one inch tall

Weapon: Twin short swords

Armor: Light chain mail armor

Strengths: He is fairly strong, but his main strength is in his agility and speed. He can also wield his twin blades quite well.

Weakness: Has no real fighting style, as he was only trained for a short period of time. And he does not have great defense, meaning that if he is hit with too many blows, he could easily be taken down.

Appearance: A tall human with somewhat tanned skin. He has blue eyes, black hair that spikes outward, sapphire colored eyes, and an overall well toned body. He wears a suit of chain mail with white, cotton shorts and pants underneath it. He has two double edged short swords strapped to his back, crossing in the shape of an X.

Personality: He doesn't truly believe in fighting or killing and tends to try and avoid it whenever possible. However, when thrust into one, he will fight to the bitter end. He doesn't believe in giving up once attacked. If he has any friends, they would know him as an often serious person who never smiles or laughs. His past is always on his mind.

Biography: He was born into a desert town that was built right outside Gerudo territory, and as such, lived a rough life of constant hiding. When he was five, his father started teaching him how to fight. The training was very rough, often resulting in his father hurting him in various ways such as broken bones and nasty scrapes and bruises. However...he quickly learned how to resist pain and became a powerful warrior.

But that didn't last long. His training was cut short when he was eight years old when Gerudo's attacked his village. He and his mother were told to run away to somewhere safe. He didn't want to run, but his mother took him with her. That left him with no choice but to hide from the Gerudo's. And he spent years without having any training in combat. By the age of thirteen, he has lost any recollection of skills that he had been taught.

After he hit his sixteenth birthday, things went from bad to worse. The Gerudo's found their hiding place and went to finish the job. His mother told him to hide, and he did and tried to help her hide with him. But before she could come over, and arrow struck her in the back and she was killed instantly, the arrow severing her spine. He lost it and flew into a rage, grabbing two swords that were inside of the closet and charging out at the two Gerudo's that had killed his mother. They had no chance to react before he slew them both in cold blood.

He spent the rest of his years wandering and scavenging. He attacked random patrols out in the desert out of anger and grief, often killing all of the people in the patrols. His life of scavenging for food, hunting Gerudo's and random animals, and just trying to survive in the harsh environment of the desert toughened him up even more than he had been before.

He became resilient to pain. He could get a small cut and not be fazed at all. He could have an arrow shot into his shoulder and only recoil briefly in pain before pulling it out and advancing. He was also hard to kill and learned many tricks to keep himself alive. The Gerudo's called him a monster because of how strong he had become.

He finally found his way out of the desert, now the age of twenty-two years old. He was shocked to find himself in a different world, and also relieved that he wouldn't have to spend his life wandering through the desert anymore. He then made a vow that his only true enemies were going to be the inhabitants of that cursed desert that he had left behind and began wandering again, looking for something that he hadn't had in his entire life...though even he doesn't know exactly what he's looking for.
Last Edited by Zanarkand11; 08-01-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: To make the biography more detailed in hopes that I will have this character accepted. And also to touch up on him. Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2009, 05:41 PM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998
Re: Zihark

Full-body chainmail? Whew. That'd be some serious exercise to wear.

Anyway, this character is Not Approved.

I only have a couple of small things that I want you to fix up before this one is good to go.
  • This isn't really a problem, but I think you meant to say "white cotton shirt and pants," and not "shorts and pants."
  • You mention at one point that he's only been fighting for two years, but the biography definitely suggests it's more like 8 years. Might wanna pick a number there and go with it.
  • I like having at least three bullet points. How big are the short swords? Are they standard straight European short swords, or are they something more exotic, like sabers? If they're just straight short swords, you don't need any more detail to their name, I'm just checking.

So, yeah, not much to work on there. Touch it up, and we'll be golden, I think.
Last Edited by Tohopekaliga; 08-01-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Deku Scrub

Alrighty, then. I wasn't expecting an immediate approval. Oh, and by the way, I did mean to say white cotton shirt and pants.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Deku Scrub

I have touched up on the character now. I hope that puts him in a good position now.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998

Okay, sure.

This character is Approved. Have fun.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Deku Scrub