Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Mmmm, tasty!
View Posts: 56
Arrow Faolan

Name: Faolan (Formerly “Prince Faolan Kendrick”)
Race: Human (Lycanthrope)
Eye Colour: Green
Hair Colour: Sandy brown
Height: (Human) 5 feet 8 inches (Werewolf) 6 feet 6 inches
Weight: (Human) 142 pounds (Werewolf) 180 pounds
Laterality: Right-handed

Profession(s): Ex-knight, wanderer

Weapon(s): Reinforced steel long sword. Also carries a hand crossbow for ranged combat. Makes use of natural weapons as a werewolf.

Armour: Double-linked short-sleeve chain-mail shirt. Also wears half-gauntlets which protect the backs of his hands and fingers, but leaves the palm and inside of fingers unobstructed. These half-gauntlets connect to wrist-guards, but the rest of his arms are unprotected. His legs are protected from frontal attacks by greaves, knee-plates, and a pair of cuisse. To protect his head, he wears a full helmet, the only openings being two eye-slits. He carries a medium-sized round reinforced steel shield that can be hooked on his belt scabbard when not in use. All this armour has a mild enchantment that reduces the weight of each piece. The actual effects of this are detailed later. As a werewolf, he is unarmoured.

Skills: Faolan is athletic, powerful, and trained in the arts of war. He is very proficient with his sword and shield, and can draw both rapidly in times of danger. He possesses above-average endurance, allowing him to fight for long periods of time without major fatigue. The closest skill he has to magic is his lycanthropy.

Faolan can shapeshift at will, though he loses use of all his armour and weaponry as a werewolf; it all just falls to the ground if he’s donning it at the time of transformation. In addition, he can only transform (to or from werewolf form) when not under duress or distraction (i.e. he can’t transform: while moving, while fighting, while under attack, while swimming, etc.). The transformation itself is not lengthy, however, so if he finds respite for several seconds, say, in battle, he can switch forms. He automatically transforms into a werewolf under a full moon, and cannot return to normal until the sun first rises over the horizon. This is – at best – a major inconvenience, and – at worst – a dangerous liability and hazard.

In this form, he is much quicker – though he certainly wears himself out faster than normal. As a werewolf he has much sharper senses and reflexes, excellent mobility, and limited stealth capability. He can keep a foe off-balance and rip them apart with his claws and teeth in feral combat. (Detailed more in strengths/weaknesses).

Appearance: Faolan is about average height with a lean, athletic build. He has medium length curly light-brown hair, and a clean-shaven, rather plain face save for his eyes. Each full of life, Faolan’s eyes are easily read accurate gauges of his emotions; (metaphorically) shining brightly in times of excitement and anger and glowing softly with feelings of compassion and sympathy. The only other remarkable thing about his appearance are the viscous gash scars on his upper right arm from his fateful battle with a werewolf.

Standing at an imposing 6.5 feet as a werewolf, Faolan appears as a feral half-man half-wolf, complete with muzzle, canine ears and teeth, claws, and a tail. His frame is thin but powerful, and takes to a more hunched, animalistic posture. His fur is thick and approximately the same sandy colour as his human hair. Despite all the other changes about him, his eyes stay appreciably unchanged appearance-wise, with the same striking function as a window into his soul.

Personality: Dutiful, idealistic, and shy are three good adjectives to describe Faolan. He holds himself to (almost) knightly standards and is eager to assist others and serve cities across the world. With a strong sense of honour, Faolan would never dream of cheating or using dirty or cheap tactics in combat. On the flipside, he is slightly naive, which sometimes prevents him from spotting dupes and low blows already sailing toward him. Socially, Faolan feels quite awkward – especially with the rather new consideration of being a lycanthrope – and prefers to avoid conversation and interaction.

Morally good, Faolan will jump at the chance to aid others, for little or nothing in return. In addition, his ambition of proving himself to be “human” to the city he was exiled from and the family that disowned him strongly motivates him to perform various heroic deeds.

Bio: Born to the wealthy and noble Lord Albert Kendrick and Lady Alexis Kendrick of Arbordale, Faolan was well off to begin with. He grew up in a relatively sheltered and pampered environment for several years, until his parents decided they wanted make him into an impressively worthy prince by way of knighthood. Abruptly his life changed from soft to hard as he commenced training in the arts of war at the young age of eleven. Faolan rapidly adapted to the jarring change of pace, and learned his lessons quickly and thoroughly. He became a knight of Arbordale on his eighteenth birthday after seven years of hard work, and was gifted with a mildly enchanted set of armour from his parents.

Faolan enjoyed a year of relative fame and glory. As he continued to aid the people of the city with everything from chores to fighting off bandits, he became a local hero. People praised him publicly, invited him to be a guest at their parties, and attracted a lot of attention from the fairer sex. Despite all this exposure, Faolan remained rather timid and quiet which – perhaps ironically – added to his “mystique” and therefore his renown.

Confident in his abilities at this point, Faolan began looking for a greater challenge. He’d heard rumours of a werewolf plaguing the outskirts of the city for quite a long time. He’d been intimidated before, but now he felt ready and he went to investigate. For a few weeks, he found nothing. He did come across the occasional aftermath of a supposed “werewolf encounter”, but often these wrecks could be plausibly explained by another cause. Finally, just as he was beginning to seriously doubt the existence of the menace, Faolan ran across the werewolf. Rushing forward to engage the duel without hesitation, he quickly found himself in the first very real, very dire life-and-death situation he’d experienced in a long time.

The two fought long and hard, going to their limit but Faolan finally proved the better, beheading the werewolf with his sword. Victory was not without a price, however; he had sustained a severe swipe across the arm that was most certainly infected. Bandaging it quickly and putting it out of mind – sure that he himself would not become a werewolf – Faolan set out to the town hall with the werewolf’s head to spread the good word. Regarded as somewhat of a legend by the people after that day, it seemed Faolan had reached the high point of his life. It didn’t last long. Fevered night terrors and apparent sleepwalking shattered his nights, and he became anxious about his condition.

One morning he awoke, bound and gagged. His parents were looking down at him with a mix of horror and disgust, and the mansion’s guards encircled him. He was explained – rather, accused – of his new state of lycanthropy by the captain of the guard. It became public knowledge faster than a wildfire. The people who once revered him now shunned and abused him. He was regarded as an abomination, and not even his parents would look at him straight. Only a day after this treatment began, the Lord and Lady announced that they were disowning him, and he was officially exiled from the city.

Destroyed, Faolan wandered the wilderness for roughly two months, during this time he slowly learned to control his lycanthropy and himself as a werewolf. Once he was certain it was all under his thumb, Faolan set out to prove to everyone that he was not a beast, abomination, or monster; he was a hero.

Strengths (Human): Faolan is physically impressively fit and sturdy. He can fight for extended periods of time without great loss of effectiveness, and he is very proficient and deadly with his swordplay and shield usage. The relatively light weight of his armour means he is able to swim without deadly sinking and is able to recover without too much hindrance when knocked down. His armour is well suited to affording him protection against assorted threats to him, and still allows some limited evasive actions to protect his exposed skin. Overall, Faolan is not a foe to be trifled with in melee.

Weaknesses (Human): Faolan’s armour may be light, but he himself is not acrobatic. Climbing, jumping, vaulting, and other means of navigating obstacles are rather difficult for him. And although he is protected from being dragged down below water by his enchanted armour, he is by no means a great swimmer. While his armour is very protective against piercing and slashing assaults, blunt strikes are certain to wreck havoc; the armour actually adding to the impact of such attacks. A direct, forceful blow to his helmet can and will cause it to “ring”, easily dazing Faolan. In addition, Faolan is vulnerable to backstabs, particularly on his legs.

Strengths (Werewolf): Faolan is a frighteningly effective hunter-tracker as a werewolf, gaining heightened senses, acute motion tracking, and excellent night vision. He can attack far more rapidly with his claws and bites than he ever will with a sword and shield, and without a great loss in the power of each individual attack. Far more agile in this form, Faolan becomes exponentially better at climbing, jumping, and dodging as a werewolf. His speed is also greatly improved, and when in pursuit or retreat he can use all four of his limbs to move at an incredible pace. His balance is also much better, thanks to his tail working in combination with his toes.

Weaknesses (Werewolf): Faolan’s most apparent weakness as a werewolf is the absence of his gear. If he tries to transform with his gear on, it simply falls the ground around him to be gathered up later. At best, this is a hassle, but in the worst of times it can result in broken or lost gear. In addition to this, Faolan’s night vision is a double-edged sword; he is highly sensitive to regular light, and is easily blinded by sunlight or bright torchlight. He has not learned to swim as a werewolf, either, so he sinks like a rock in water. His fur is an obvious fire hazard, which is hard to put out once ignited. Faolan cannot speak as a werewolf, and he is obviously regarded as a hostile monster by almost everyone, regardless of his true intentions. Although Faolan is lucid and in control as a werewolf, his mind does become clouded with reckless, instinctual thoughts. On top of all this, Faolan has the classical vulnerability to silver in werewolf form.

[Patent Approved!]

Scenarios Status (Earliest to Latest):

The Earth Eater (Stat: In progress...)

Red blue and purple, the colors of evil (Stat: In progess...)

Of Men and Gods (Stat: In progress...)

Sig is my own production.
<-- If you care about what I care about.
My BA alter-egos are Alamis Ammir and Faolan
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! How do I get across?" Nasrudin shouted back, "You are across!"
*Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.
Last Edited by Popcorn; 10-06-2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Update Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2006, 05:49 PM
R.I.P. Trooper- 6/25/94 - 3/7/11

View Posts: 11,961
Re: Faolan

The only problem I have with this is the fact that, in the beginning, the werewolf height is 6.6. Later, he is 6.5. Fix that.

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen, about Power Shot
[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
[11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Mmmm, tasty!

Actually, read it again. 6.5 = 6 and 1/2 feet. At the beginning it says he is 6 feet 6 inches.

12 inches = a foot, 6 inches = 1/2 a foot = .5 foot

Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! How do I get across?" Nasrudin shouted back, "You are across!"
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2006, 05:54 PM
R.I.P. Trooper- 6/25/94 - 3/7/11

View Posts: 11,961

My mistake.

***APPROVEZORD***

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen, about Power Shot
[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
[11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Mmmm, tasty!

Yay! Thank you!

Tags
faolan