Miriam Foxwood

Name: Miriam Foxwood
Nickname/Alias: No Nickname
ApparentAge: 21
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Height: 5' 9''
Weight: 135 lbs
EyeColor: Grey with sliver of lavender in her left eye.
HairColor/Style: Brown hair that is naturally strait.
SkinColor/Complexion: Pale White
Theme Song:Skellig

Appearance: Miriam is well kept and takes extreme care in how she looks. She is moderately attractive, but it is the effort she takes in presenting herself that makes her the center of attention. She only puts the effort in when there is a special occasion. Otherwise she looks naturally pleasant.

She is slender and delicate, so she is often viewed as weak. She takes great offense to this and dislikes her physical build. Her weakness and attractiveness make her feel like a target.

She typically wears a grey blouse and skirt to match her eyes; however, on special occasions she will wear a dress or something glamorous to make a spectacle of herself.

Weapon(s): Miriam is skilled with the bow and it is her weapon of choice. She also possesses a wide variety of arrows. Some of them are poisoned, some of them are packed with gunpowder and can explode, and some of them split into fragments when they hit their targets, spreading shrapnel through their bodies. However, she is limited to the quantity or arrows in her arsenal. She also carries a knife with her, which she uses to fix as a bayonet on the end of her bow, but she has little knowledge or skill on how to use it on its own.

Her quiver can hold twenty five arrows. She is limited to fifteen regular arrows, four explosive arrows, four shrapnel arrows, and two poisoned arrows. Of the two poisened arrows, only one of them is lethal. To this day she has never had to use a poisoned arrow. The other arrow causes immediate fever and nausea.

Armor: She carries no armor and is essentially unprotected. She is not trained in combat and has never been in a situation in which she needs armor. She relies on swiftness and agility as a means of defense.

Carried Possessions: Miriam carries a small pouch that hangs from a small belt around her waist. In that pouch are three things: two vials of potions, a small diary, and an two old wrinkled pieces of parchment that she can use to converse with other people.

The two vials of potion are in themselves magical, they refill within a couple days after use. Within the first vial is a potion that enhances your emotion and uses it as either an strength or a weakness. For example, anger can be converted in the strength, whereas sadness can become a weakness. It all depends on the context of the emotion. The second vial contains a potion and makes her incredibly hot, everything she touches burns or melts. She hopes to harness the magical power of this potion and make it a magical skill.

The two pieces of parchment act as a type of “old-school” messaging system. After writing text on one of the pieces of parchment, the ink will gradually vanish and appear on the other piece of parchment. Whoever possesses the other piece of parchment can use it in the same way to write back.

Powers/Magic/Skills: Miriam was born with a strange power. After sundown, she can disconnect her spirit from her body and venture around unnoticed by anyone, and not impeded by any physical object. At the same time, she cannot have any affect on physical objects, she can only observe from her spiritual state.

She also wants to take the power given to her through her potion and hone it as a power which she can use independently of the potion.

Limits: Her spirit is only allowed to venture out from her body after sundown, and it must be returned before sunrise. Otherwise, her spirit will be unable to return to the body until the next night and her body will lie dormant for the rest of that day.

Side-Effects: None that she is aware of.

Battle Strengths: Miriam is quick, dauntless, and fierce. She is never afraid to go in for the kill if need by, but she knows when an adversary is out of her league. She also is very skilled with a bow, and can hit targets that are smaller and farther away than anyone else she has ever met.

Battle Weaknesses: Miriam's main weakness is her lack of physical strength. She is powerful from a distance, and even with close ranged combat she is dangerous with a bayonetted bow, but she has no skill in hand to hand combat and it doesn't take much force to take her out.

Personality: In general, Miriam is very proud and she holds herself in high regard, while at the same time she understands that she is very small in comparison to the world. In company she tries her best to make a good appearance and she is very vain about how she looks. She is strong willed and determined, and she never lets something or someone get the best of her.

For the most part, she is polite and considerate, so most of her emotions are hidden. She manages to keep her goals and motives to herself. The best words to describe her would be shrewd and practical.

She is also socially attractive, she can strike up a good conversation and she can keep people engaged. She is a social Romeo so to speak.

Likes: She like people who are young and defenseless. She likes to think of herself as their protector.

Dislikes: She dislikes those who are powerful and strong. She dislikes many men for this reason.

Fears: She fears strong men from past experiences. Her dislike stems from her fear. In many ways this fear is a paranoia.

Virtues: She is strong willed and determined, and she will never let someone weak or poor suffer.

Vices: She is proud and vain, and she lacks patience and mercy.

History: Miriam was born into a small town from a small family. She was the first child, and everything was hunky dory. Nothing could have been better for little Miriam, who grew up like most little kids did. Playing with the animals, and running around on the dusty crossroads with her friends.

As time grew on, her family grew larger. Two new siblings were added to the family, and Miriam had to take care of her baby sister. Miriam and her sister grew very close, for Miriam was always with her, teaching her the ways of the world.

Miriam grew older with her sister, and they both began to go their separate ways. Miriam had come of age in her village, and it was time for her to meet her future husband. In many ways, Miriam and her sister fell apart from each other in these few years.

A few years later, after Miriam had been happily married, she invited her sister over to meet her new family. It was also an attempt to shelter her sister from the riots against the city state that neighbored the village. The riots were violent and many people were killed, many wives were ravished, and many articles were stolen.

During dinner there was a knock on the door and Miriam husband answered the door. He could barely allow the rioters in before a knife was shoved deep into his forehead. “This is what becomes of those who conspire with the citadel,” said the rioter, “and this is what becomes of those who associate with them.”

The night was a living hell for Miriam. Before her eyes she witnessed her husband killed, her children taken from her, and her dear sister raped. That was the worst, to see someone so close to her so helpless and distraught. Miriam took the closest weapon she had which was her late husband bow and fled. Even until now Miriam feels the guilt of abandoning her sisters to the rioters.

Now Miriam wanders from town to town seeking for word of her children, waiting to avenge their loss. Empowered by anger, Miriam seeks to win back her children and kill those who ruined her happy life forever.

Roleplays
Vandals with Class (In Progress)
Last Edited by Westerly Winds; 06-20-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Time flies when you're hitting people with sticks
Send a message via AIM to Shrub Send a message via Skype™ to Shrub

View Posts: 5,145
Re: Miriam Foxwood

Hey, there, I will be your approver today. I don't have a lot to nit-pick here, good work. Only a couple things I would like a little more detail on:
Quote:
Weapon(s): Miriam is skilled with the bow and it is her weapon of choice. She also possesses a wide variety of arrows. Some of them are poisoned, some of them are packed with gunpowder and can explode, and some of them split into fragments when they hit their targets, spreading shrapnel through their bodies. However, she is limited to the quantity or arrows in her arsenal. She also carries a knife with her, which she uses to fix as a bayonet on the end of her bow, but she has little knowledge or skill on how to use it on its own.
So how many arrows can she carry at one time? I imagine she has a quiver that can only hold so much.

I would like an estimate or even an exact number for each type of arrow she usually carries as well. It's just a useful and realistic limit to consider. Though I suppose if she runs out in an RP and prepares more specialized arrows, the number can be subject to change. It's still good to have a set typical number of each type of arrow that she typically would carry on her person.

As for the poisoned arrows, I won't ask for more details on the poison. Just keep in mind, you cannot kill another person's character without permission, nor can your character really land a hit with a poisoned arrow on another person's character without their permission either (tis the rules, my friend). My point is merely to remind you: please play nice and communicate with your RP partners.
Quote:
Powers/Magic/Skills: Miriam was born with a strange power. After sundown, she can disconnect her spirit from her body and venture around unnoticed by anyone, and not impeded by any physical object. At the same time, she cannot have any affect on physical objects, she can only observe from her spiritual state.
No problems here. I just wanted to comment on how awesome it is. ^^ I have a character with a similar power.
Quote:
Likes: She like people who are young and defenseless. She likes to think of herself as their protector.

Dislikes: She dislikes those who are powerful and strong. She dislikes many men for this reason.

Fears: She fears strong men from past experiences. Her dislike stems from her fear. In many ways this fear is a paranoia.

Virtues: She is strong willed and determined, and she will never let someone weak or poor suffer.

Vices: She is proud and vain, and she lacks patience and mercy.
Lol, I think it would be fun for Miriam and my character Ren to interact.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
[Between the Worlds|A Light in the Dark|Empire of Darkness|Under the Red Sea]
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Westerly Winds Westerly Winds is a male United States Westerly Winds is offline
Arma virumque cano
Send a message via Skype™ to Westerly Winds
View Posts: 1,675

I've added more details about her limit and I have specified on the types of poisoned arrows. She has a very tight limit on the poisoned arrows and I insinuated that she is hesitant to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrub
Lol, I think it would be fun for Miriam and my character Ren to interact.
Now I'm interested in Ren, I'll have to to read his character.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Time flies when you're hitting people with sticks
Send a message via AIM to Shrub Send a message via Skype™ to Shrub

View Posts: 5,145

^_^ He's in a link in my sig, figments of my imagination.

See ya around. Perhaps we can RP sometime.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
[Between the Worlds|A Light in the Dark|Empire of Darkness|Under the Red Sea]