$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Roxas
Send a message via AIM to Bo Duke Send a message via Skype™ to Bo Duke
Steam ID: theimprisoned
View Posts: 80
Luneth Harrison

Name: Luneth, named after his great grandfather, who was a king in the other world.
† Nickname /Alias: - Sometimes goes by Artemis to strangers, shared with his best friend Jake/Apollo, as they were often called twins.
† Apparent Age: - N/A
Sex: - Male
Race: Other-world Human, descended from the special race of Humans who came from the other-world, the nickname for the nearby continent
Height: - 5"7 (feet)
Weight: - around 110 pounds
Eye Color: - Iris: Violet
Hair Color/Style: - Long-ish silver hair tied up in a small ponytail, his bangs part on the right side of his head, drifting over to the left side with the rest hanging down.
Skin Color/Complexion: - Light tan from adventuring frequently, other wise fairly white

Appearance: - a pointed chin with light eyebrows. wears a purple turtleneck covered by a dark sweatshirt and a brown vest with a diagonal trisquare pattern on it made to look like belt buckles. He wears long white pants, knee-high black boots, and carries a fanny pack. He has small rounded ears with a regular nose. He is a white human.

Weapon(s): Luneth carries two double-edged blades. One, Jeminah, is bright white and is imbued with the power of ice. It has the ability to freeze at touch if Luneth wills it, and has the ability to make freezing ice crystals appear nearby. The other, Rikavo, is blood-red and searing to the touch of the blade. It is imbued with the power of fire, and it has the ability to make things burst into flames with a point of it and the will of Luneth. Rikavo, along with Jeminah, were passed down to Luneth from his great grandfather, Luneth Harrison the Original. He can also combine them to create a weapon of Light, known as Xanos, which is deadly against the undead, depending on the strength of the monster in question (More powerful monsters make Xanos have less effect.)
He also carries a small knife in his fannypack which is used when he doesnt have time to reach or cannot reach his blades (they are carried on his sides).

Armor: Most of the time, Luneth wears his standard street clothes.
However, when he meets nobility or has time to prepare for a battle, he wears a lightweight, super-sturdy warrior's outfit, with a unbreakable black-steel chainmail underneath, the tunic that has the appearence of a red tunic with a large cross stitch tieing the top together, and a black belt worn over the tunic. Underneath the tunic he wears a purple long-sleeved undershirt, and brown gloves. In this outfit he has on black baggy pants tied into high brown steel-plated boots. You can see the top of his turtleneck peeking out above the tunic and undershirt.

† Carried Possessions: Luneth carries nothing significant, despite his black leather wallet, with a small amount of money in it and an Identification card, a yellow fannypack he wears on his side that contains a regular knife and wallet, and a ring he wears on his right middle finger given to him by his foster mother.

Powers/Magic/Skills: - N/A

† The below sections are only optional if you haven't already listed them above.
Limits: - No powers.
Side-Effects: - No powers.

Battle Strengths: -Luneth has no fear in battle, allowing him to rush in and perform actions and decisions where others might be paralyzed in fear. He's incredibly skilled in dual-wieling, and can fight with the same strength in both hands. He is deadly when he is enraged, and is a good front line attacker.
Battle Weaknesses: - Luneth is far too brash. When angered or afraid, he tends to rush into battles without preparation. He also has little sense of self preservation. This combined with his lack of fear deepens his weakness of being foolhardy and brash, thus endangering his life frequently and requiring his allies to heal him constantly.

† Other: - Luneth is an orphan. He was raised by a priest and a foster mother in his home town.

Personality: - Most times, he will instantly jump into situations or fights despite the dangers. He is quite cheerful and positive when meeting other characters, but can often be too impulsive or blunt, causing his allies to scold him. Luneth assumes the de facto role of leader, speaking on behalf of the team and motivating them to continue on their quest. His defending Jake from the bullies in Ur shows that he has a "status" as a leader-like figure among the society. He is a very loyal friend and will defend a friend to his last breath, if need be. he has a happy go lucky attitude but also has a deeper, more thoughtful side that rarely surfaces.

† Likes: - Adventures, battles, weapons.
† Dislikes: - Bullies, cowards, lima beans.
† Fears: - Luneth's greatest fear is that he will be unable to protect his friends or family, and will be left all alone, forever. He lacks fear of opponents or others, which can make him very vulnerable and foolhardy in battle.
† Virtues: Loyal, Kind, Courageous.
† Vices: Brash, impatient, foolhardy.

History: - Luneth comes from a long line of warriors and kings, and is descended from the original Spenster, who won the great battle of Grathon back when the world was still in the Chaos Days. As a child, he lost his mother and father to a vicious fire, and the last straggler managed to drag him to a nearby village and deposit him there. Luneth has a foster mother, Marona, who has cared for him since he was first left there. Luneth's parents were from the other world, a long forgotten continent nearby the land where Luneth lives. He has to defend Jake often from bullies since Jake is weak and afraid.
Last Edited by Bo Duke; 03-06-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Noble Keybearer

View Posts: 23,528
Re: Luneth Harrison

Sorry for the wait. Let's begin, shall we?

Firstly, what does it mean for him to be an "other-world human"? How does this differ from normal humans?

Not required for approval, but how you list his eye color is a bit confusing. From what I can tell, the only difference from most people is the iris (the part normal people would have as being blue or brown or whatever) color, right? If so, just saying "violet" would be enough.

What kind of effects would his swords have when used? If they can do things ordinary swords can't (such as perhaps Rikavo being able to shoot fire. I dunno), then you should list everything they can do either in this section or the Powers/Magic/Skills section.

I'm not sure if I understand his armor; is it made of a particularly sturdy material, or is the only actually defensive aspect of it the steel-plated boots?

Hehe. Fannypack. (What kinds of things does he carry inside this and his wallet?)

Finally, in his Battle Weaknesses section, you mention both that "When angered or afraid, he tends to rush(...)" and that he has a "lack of fear". Of course as you know, you then also list a couple of fears in his Personality section. To put it simply, these apparent contradictions are kind of confusing; could you elaborate on when he would feel afraid and/or when he would not?

Post here again when you're done and I can take another look.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Roxas

Edited.

Hey, Arc, you know, I think this signature was made by Sólsetur.
Annnnd...back to single again.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Noble Keybearer

What do Jeminah's crystals do? Also, keep in mind regarding Xanos that there are a number of undead characters in the BA who would by necessity have varying degrees of resistance to its effects.

As much as people here seem to love unstoppable forces and immovable walls (...Me included. >_>), your character's armor is a bit too overpowered as it stands now. Namely the "impervious and unbreakable mythril chainmail", which by the sounds of it means that your character can't be hurt by anything which hits that part of the armor. As to be fair, I won't make you get rid of it entirely, but stating limits on how much of your character it covers and whether blunt force can still penetrate it (and to what degree) would help.

What is the knife in his fannypack (hehe) for? If it's a weapon (even if it's not used much), then it needs to be listed there; if it is merely for hunting or something like that, then please state so, as to avoid confusion.

Finally, you haven't seemed to have addressed his fear or lack thereof; if you have any questions regarding this or any other aspect of the character creation process, feel free to ask.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Roxas

Edited. (Again)

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Noble Keybearer

So the only weapons which can hurt your character while he's wearing the chainmail are... his own? Okay, umm... theoretical scenario here: Luneth Harrison comes prepared to battle, and in the process somehow angers Thor, Norse god of thunder. Thor gets the first strike in - a surprise attack, let's say - and drives his hammer Mjolnir directly into Luneth's armor-covered chest. What happens? (Answer in your next post, not the profile. )

Other than that though, my only issue is that you haven't said what the crystals which form when Jeminah is used are. "Crystals" can mean a lot of different things, and the less potential for confusion this profile has, the better for everyone involved.
Last Edited by Sabbo; 03-04-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Roxas

Luneth attempts to block the strike with Jeminah, which shatters from impact of Mjolnir and the razor sharp tip inserts itself in Luneth's chest.
Also, stated what crystals are for.

Last Edited by Bo Duke; 03-04-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Noble Keybearer

You miss my point. I mentioned the surprise attack thing because I was trying to give you a situation where a blunt weapon more powerful than any of yours hits the "impervious and unbreakable mythril chainmail".

Thanks for clarifying the crystals thing though.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Roxas

Hmm....
I suppose the "durability" of the chainmail depends on the willpower of the wearer in question and the strength of the opposing force.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Noble Keybearer

I see. If you wish to keep the armor as it is, then you'll need to detail this weakness somewhere. You'll also need to discuss such things with whomever you RP with. (Honestly, I'd suggest simplifying it so that it's still unbreakable, but not "impervious", or perhaps even weakening it to be a different kind of armor entirely, eg: steel. That's merely a suggestion, mind you, not a requirement by any means.)

Also, a slightly different theoretical situation: An ogre (or something else strong yet mostly brainless) hits your character's armor as hard as they can with their completely non-magical or otherwise special club. What happens?

Finally, something to keep in mind: RPing here is not primarily about winning battles, it's about telling a story, and good characters in any story are defined primarily by their weaknesses, not their strengths, both physically and mentally. To use what I know, I consider my character Tatek a good example of this. Sure he's immune to magic, but he's interesting to read about for a completely different reason: He's blind, and prone to show hatred at anything even related to magic.

Thanks for following so far; I hope I haven't been too frustrating for you here.
Last Edited by Sabbo; 03-05-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Roxas

Understood, and edited.
Is that all?

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Noble Keybearer

Indeed it is! Apologies for the hassle.

And with that, I bid you an official welcome to the BA. After posting in the Character Directory, feel free to join in the fun of the OoC Thread, or perhaps jump straight into an RP if you can find one. (And if you can't, you can just ask around in the OoC Thread to see who wants to play. That is, after all, one of the main reasons that thread exists... even if it's not the most common topic. )