$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM
:coffee:

View Posts: 18,009
The Jones Sisters

Calliope Jones

Photo made by Calliope, and not me!

Age & Birthdate: 18 years old, born April 13th.
Race: A human like fairy?
Height & Weight 4'11, 130 lbs
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color/Style: Dark blonde.

General Appearance: Calliope is a lively little thing, running with a short but full figure, wearing orange shorts and her light blue shirt adorned with stars. A pair of black shades rest on her small freckled cover nose that compliment her full lips. She has a shaggy head of dark blonde hair with a pair of half moon earrings. She's pretty eccentric to say the least.

Weapon(s): Calliope uses magic, so she has little use for a physical weapon.

Armor: She also has little use for physical armor. She has spells/talents in her inventory that could help in reflecting physical and mental attacks thrown her way.

Carried Possessions:

A pair of dancing shoes Calliope spends most of her time floating about in the air, but when her feet do touch the ground she likes to put on her dancing shoes and dance about the place.

Powers/Magic/Skills:

Elemental Magic Your basic elemental magic. Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Calliope knows them all and to a pretty decent extent. She inherited them from her family, coming from a background of mages, fairies and other mythical things, it's really not surprising. However they can only be used if she's surrounded by the element. If she's stuck in the desert, there's really no hope in conjuring the littlest amount of water. If she happens to be swimming in a huge ocean, well... you better watch yourself.

'Sun & Moon' Magic Depending on if the sun is out or if the moon is, Calliope can either call on some healing magic (Sun) or some darker magic (Moon). The healing magic consists of the basics, healing wounds slightly, replenishing low endurance and stamina, and curing any ailing effects the opponent may have caused. Calliope prefers the dark (which is obvious if you notice the stars on her shirt and her half moon earrings) when the moon is out she can cause her enemy temporary blindness, paralysis, and deafness, which she specializes in more so than with her sun magic. The name for this kind of magic was something Calliope made for herself as she couldn't quite remember the proper term for it

Limits: Her ability and endurance to casting any of the aforementioned magic solely depends on the amount of sleep she received in the hours leading up to whichever situation that causes for her to use her magic. The less sleep she gets the harder it would be for her. The extent of her elemental magic used is also based on whatever is around her. For example, she can't use her Water spell so often in fear of draining the ocean depths.

Side-Effects: Much like her 'limits', Calliope will begin to feel more drowsy depending on how often she uses her magic. After a big battle she'll hardly be able to stay awake long enough to reach somewhere proper to sleep. She's also nimble on her feet making sneak attacks incredibly easy for her.

Battle Strengths: Despite her need for sleep in order to be at her fighting best, Calliope has a lot of energy. She's able to last long and strong with just a couple hours of sleep. She also has a high endurance, meaning she can last a couple of hours in most fights no matter the intensity.

Battle Weaknesses: Calliope is basically a user of magic, so going up against anything opposite to that is bound to be an issue for her (opposite being pretty much anything that isn't magic - i.e: technology, weaponry, martial arts, etc). She has no formal training in weaponry or fighting styles; and her magic in considered to contain above average power, so she would fall easily against a magic user with anything more powerful. She's also pretty slow despite her nimble and sneaky ways.

Personality: Eccentric. Happy and smiling almost all the time, Calliope is almost child like in most of her ways. She's a good medium for her sister Jess who seems to be the opposite in almost everything else. She keeps the peace in their travels. Despite her characteristics so far, Calliope is not naive. She has a lot of street and book smarts which is applied to her everyday life. Even though she's the youngest of the two, it's always Calliope who brings her sister to a mature realization amongst lives hardships.

Likes: The moon, stars, nighttime, daytime naps, music, painting, dancing, and hanging out with her older sister.
Dislikes: Hot days, garlic, mean people, ignorance, and sex jokes.
Fears: She has an unbelievable fear of spiders and other insects.

History: Raised from a family of humans with enchanted powers, Calliope grew up to be nothing less of exactly that.

She spawned from a different kind of clan though, the kind that banishes their children at the age of 16 out into the real world to seek out and experience as much life and whatnot as they can, and they're only permitted back on their 25th birthday, where they are then considered complete adults and are able to choose to either come back to their clan and start a family or go about living with the rest of the humans.

Calliope is obviously still fresh off the banishing market and on her journey was befriended by a girl named Jess, who, when found by Calliope, was a rebel girl with no mission in life accept to put a bullet through the heads of those who she was hired to kill -- just for money to keep surviving. The lone girl only went by the name 'Jess' and seemed alone to a depressing degree when Calliope found her; so Calliope decided to follow her and even though Jess was extremely reluctant at first, the whimsical girl grew on her. The two have been inseparable ever since and have since then become adopted sisters to each other.

Calliope still has fond memories of her friends and family and is looking forward to the day when she can go back and see them all once again.

Jessica "Jess" Jones

I did not make this. I don't know who did, but it wasn't me.

Age & Birthdate: 24 years old, born March 23rd.
Race: A human, although she has her doubts.
Height & Weight: 5'11, 135 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color/Style: Red

General Appearance: The first thing noticeable about Jess would be her unusual like for rabbits, seen by the rabbit skull tattooed on her left arm and the large rabbit skull she only seems to wear when she's given an assignment. Other times she looks rather normal except for the sniper/rifle combination weapon you'll seen slung over her back. She wears high top boots, with striped socks, black polka dotted red shorts, with a white tank top comfortably on top. Her medium length hair is a deliciously red color, that contrasts wonderfully with her pale complexion and dull blue eyes.

Weapon(s):

Sniper/Rifle This weapon is odd, and nothing quite like what I'm used to. You could call it a silenced rifle of sorts, with an equip-able cross-hair for those times when her target is to hard to get close to. Made of an assortment of weapons, with the holding ability of 250 bullets per mag.

Dual .9 Caliber Pistols Hidden just under her shirt closer to her lower back, Jess has to pistols she turns to when her bigger weapon is either out of ammo or the situation calls for something more urgent. Black in color, and small enough to fit comfortably in her hands.

Armor: Other than her rabbit skull, that she seems to wear as more of a luck charm than anything else, is the only type of armor Jess seems to own.

Carried Possessions:

A pack of Malboro Light cigarettes. She keeps her smoking to a minimal seeing how her job is pretty psychically demanding in some cases. She only seems to light one up after a successful job (probably due to the bad nerves she still gets when an upcoming assignment is big).

A small supply of iron pills, as she suffers from low blood (she's anemic).

Powers/Magic/Skills: Jess is unable to use magic of any kind. However her skills when it comes to hand to hand combat and weaponry are pretty decent.

Street Fighting the dirtiest and cheapest way of physical combat, and Jess specializes in it. All that she knows she learned from the streets. No formal training in any other form of 'martial arts'. She knows which place to go for and easiest way to get there.

Advance Weaponry Training She can dissemble to reassemble any gun in less than a minute. She can reload in the same fashion. She acquired advanced training in this background from the company she was contracted to.

Limits: Unlike any normal human, Jess cannot fight forever. She'll become winded at long periods of physical exertion. Her muscles and every other part of her body can only hold up to so much. Grasping her rifle or pistols as they explode bullets from their barrels becomes a tiring task for Jess if she's at it for extended amounts of time.

Side-Effects: If she exerts herself to much her body will become fatigued, and she will be unable to fight or defend herself for a set amount of days.

Battle Strengths: Unlike her sister, Jess is able to go a few days without sleep before her body starts to feel it although she does this with extreme caution. She would only be able to get away with it if she goes said says without much encounters with enemies or anything that would cause physical exhaustion. Her superb aiming as an assassin also serves as a great battle strength.

Battle Weaknesses: Jess is Anemic; this is normally never an issue for her as she has a supply of iron supplements on her at all times, but rarely it will hit her and hit her hard causing extreme faitgue and sometimes fainting. Also due to her inability to learn magic, Jess often loses to anyone with mage powers.

Other: She has a pretty neat theme song: YouTube - Nero - Act Like You Know (Dubstep Mix)

Personality: Quiet, but not antisocial, Jess is a irrational thinker, and if it wasn't for her sister, she would have been in deep trouble a long time ago. She often speaks her mind without thinking about the consequences that follow. However, she does whatever she can to make sure her younger sister is taken care of and that the two of them survive.

Likes: The nighttime, beer, dubstep, reading, writing, traveling and hanging out with her younger sister.
Dislikes: Anything remotely related to death, caramel, cold things, and children.
Fears: Death, and losing her sister by any means.

History: Jess doesn't remember her parents, of if she even had parents, or if she's even a real human. She struggled with this thought most of her life which resulted in her being bitter and generally harsh towards other people. She grew up in foster care, and as soon as she was considered an adult she left the dull life and sought out anything else she could find.

Growing up with little guidance in morals, Jess ended up becoming an assassin, which was the first job she was offered, and she took without thinking twice. The job is demanding both physically and mentally and has caused Jess to pick up bad habits such as smoking and drinking.

Just going by 'Jess' most of her life, she didn't acquire much of an identity until just about two years ago where she ran into a girl named Calliope. An assignment of Jess' went wrong which caused her to run away in frantic mess, where she pumped into Calliope who seemed to be on her own level of franticness. Jess acted harshly and drew a gun to Calliope's head, who then quickly responded with a swift blind spell to the eyes.

Jess lay in darkness, her heart pounding in her chest and unable to see or feel much of anything. It was here, in this unbelievable circumstance that Jess made what would later become her first true friend.
Last Edited by brokenjoker; 05-02-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Tomorrow is a new day. Why let it be the same as the day before?
Send a message via AIM to Ciroton Send a message via Skype™ to Ciroton
View Posts: 14,821
Re: The Jones Sisters

Hey, BJ. I haven't approved in a while, so I'll do your character. =D

Okay, only qualm I have is with Cali.

Please, can you tell me what is 'opposite of magic'? Is it technology, or something a little more vague? As it is, it seems her only weakness is if she runs into someone more powerful then her.

Just how much endurance does she have?

Aside from that, the both look pretty good. I take it you plan to have then as a duo of sorts?

(Forgot who made the sig. Sorry. =/)

Voices from the back of my mind~!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Hey! Made the changes to the best of my ability. Let me know if anything else needs a fixin'.

And yup. They'll be used as a duo. :>
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Tomorrow is a new day. Why let it be the same as the day before?
Send a message via AIM to Ciroton Send a message via Skype™ to Ciroton
View Posts: 14,821

Good, everything is in order. Since Cail isn't human, I've allowed her endurance to go by as you edited it. I trust you won't abuse it. =P

~*Approved*~

(Forgot who made the sig. Sorry. =/)

Voices from the back of my mind~!
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2010, 02:02 PM

I won't, I promise! :3

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!