Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

IMPORTANT!: This is for Stryder to approve. I wanna see how good he is.

Note: * mark that more information can be found by matching it to the corresponding number at the bottom of the section it appears in. These are sides notes, and not important to understanding the character, but provide more background information if you are feeling so inclined.

Name: The Exiled Lord, Sir Byrontius Begara of Greenfall. The Self-Titled True Baron of Greenfall.
Nickname /Alias: Byron. Sir Byron The Forlorn. Lord Forlorn. The Exiled Lord.
Occupation: Knight Errant. Exile.
Age/Birthdate: 18 Years old. Born on August 2, Age 5 Year 180.*
Apparent Age: 18
Gender: Male
Race: Sylvilian Noble** (Human)
Height: 6’1
Weight: 189 LBS
Eye Color: He is often told he has the brightest blue eyes ever seen. Take that for what you will.
Hair Color/Style:Thin sandy brown hair of an ever-changing style.

Spoiler:  
*This is set on the Sylvilian Calendar. The calendar marks year one as the year Atti the Adventurer set foot on the lands now known as Sylvilia, and Amitria, with each age lasting for two hundred years (The reason for this is that on year two hundred the last of Atti’s direct decedents were killed in battle, which marked the end of the age of Atti. Following ages adopted 200 as the standard).


Spoiler:  
** It’s important to note he is of proper Noble blood, otherwise he you might mistake him for a peasant, and Gods forbid that happens.


General Appearance: Seeing as he is a noble I am required by law* to say he is handsome, even despite the fact his nose is long, narrow, and pointed, and he has a deep red scar on his right cheek, and his attempt at a beard has turned up patchy and dirty looking. So while he is not perfect, he is still handsome. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. And if someone does tell you otherwise it wasn’t me, I’m not getting in trouble for this.

Since he has been trained as a warrior from the day he could stand his body is hard and muscled, even when compared to other hard and muscled bodies. However, most of it is laced with scars, which is often coupled with purple bruises on his normally tanned skin. Life on the road can be tough on a body after all.

Since Begara spends most of his days riding, and traveling he is usually seen wearing riding leathers, and a matching plain brown tunic and breeches. However he often combines this with a sleeveless jack of plate*** shirt underneath, fancy boots with built in metal greaves, a large red, and black trimmed cloak, and of course a sword belt complete with sword. The effect is often called ‘Confusing’.

Now he does own much fancier clothes such as, red doublets with golden embroiders, heavy silk cloaks with golden clasps, and more rings then you can shake a finger at. However, most were left back at Castle Greenfall when he was exiled, and the items he did bring are extremely wrinkled and dirty from spending so much time in a horses pack.

Of course all his clothing features the Begara crest, either embroidered into cloth, or as a clasp. It’s important because these crests allow peasants to know one is a noble, because only a noble would put such a gaudy crest** on his clothes.



Spoiler:  
*The Noble Anti-Desecration Law of Year 78 Age 4, signed by King Syvil, clearly states that any insults, mockery, and or slander directed at a noble by any member of the peasant class is punishable by fining of ten Golden Sword (A Golden sword is a coin), or fifty lashes. And since Nobles are always more handsome then peasants (also by law) saying that they are not handsome is considered an insult. Frankly I am not up for a flogging.


Spoiler:  
** The house Begara crest is a black scythe on a red field. While originally it referred to the vast farmlands owned by house Begara, it also bears unfortunate resemblance to something a certain anthropomorphic interpretation would use.


Spoiler:  
*** A jack of plate is a type of armour comprising small iron plates sewn between layers of felt and canvas. See wikipedia for more detailes.


Weapon(s):

Name: N/A*
Type: Long sw-…I mean Arming Sword**
Length: 39” (Total, the blade length is 31”)
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Appearance: When most people say ‘longsword’ they are often thinking of a Arming Sword. A Straight Double-Edged sword with a one handed cuneiform hilt, with a pommel. It is the classic Knight’s weapon, and thus is perfect for Byron, who is, in fact, a knight. On the pommel of the sword is an etching of a scythe.
Pros: Strong, Castle Forged, Fairly lightweight.
Cons: The Type of forging made the steel more brittle (though it is harder then normal steel)

Name: N/A
Type: Shield***
Shield?: A Kite Shield.
Appearance: A teardrop shaped wooden shield with a metal rim that is about three feet long, and two feet wide. On it’s front there is a certain crest painted, I am sure by now you can guess what exactly it is. (It’s a Black Scythe on a red field).
Pros: Strapped to the arm, which makes it impossible to drop. Hard to Break.
Cons: Fairly heavy. Well worn.

Spoiler:  
*Sir Byron’s Mentor And, Sir Wymer White, also told Byron swords should not be named. His reasoning was that a named sword makes the sword special, and tends to make the wielder believe it is the sword’s power, not their own, so when they lose this ‘special named sword’ they find they are unable to use a normal non-special sword. A True knight should be able to use any sword, and be good, so names were discouraged.


Spoiler:  
**A Longsword is a two handed sword, an arming sword is one handed. If you are using a longsword with one hand then it’s actually an arming sword, and you should retake history 101.


Spoiler:  
*** Some people don’t think shields are weapons. Those people have never been bashed in the face with one.


Armor:Other then his shield, and Jack of Plate shirt Byron also owns a full suit of armor he brings with him*. (He carries it one his horse if you have to know)

Part: Torso
Type: Jack of Plate
Description: A Plain brown short shirt with steel plates sewn in between the fabric. it looks like any regular shirt except it is thicker, and has a square stitching all over it where the plates are sewn. NOTE: Is not worn with his regular armor set.
Pros: Unless you are looking closely it would be impossible to notice. This gives Byron an extra second when his opponent is surprised his attack is not working.
Cons: It's weak. it would stop most slashes but the impact would still sting, and it's easy enough to piece the shirt if you know where. it's good in a pinch, but that's about it.

Part: Helm
Type: Close helm
Description: A Type of helmet that covers the head, shin, and neck. It was made with tempered steel and designed to fit perfectly with his breastplate clothing off any kink in his armor. With his visor closed it effectively seals himself in steel from the shoulder up at least.
Pros: This form of helm removes the need for a gorget, or other neck protector. No Kinks for someone to stick a blade through. Extremely hard to stab through (nigh impossible).
Cons: Visor down cuts down on visual range. Visor can be opened with a simple latch mechanism, which can be a problem, as opening it in battle would leave him open for attack. Also it is heavy due to the extra metal needed for the neck protection.

Part: Torso (inner)
Type: Hauberk
Description: A hauberk is the standard chainmail. It goes down to about mid thigh, and looks exactly like any chainmail you’ve ever seen.
Pros: Very good swing protection, and decent piercing protection.
Cons: heavy. No use against blunt trauma weapons, and susceptible to being pierced.

Part:Torso (Outer)
Type:Breastplate
Description: A Breastplate that covers the front and back of Byron’s torso. It is made of tempered steel and is scratched from many years of service. Its features include the emblem of House Begara Etched, and paint into the chest, a Lance rest under his right armpit, and Tassets to protect his upper legs(About down to his knees)
Pro: This, and hard to dent. Curved in such away piercing is near impossible (Save from a well placed rapier, or Bodkin arrow) and impossible to cut.
Cons: heavy, as Armour should be, and weak underneath the armpits. A Good Warrior could stick him there with only chainmail to deal with.

Part: Arm (Shoulder)
Type: Pauldron + Rebrace
Description: together consists of two pieces of place on each arm. The Pauldron covers the shoulders, and part of the back, while the Rebrace surrounds the upper arm.
Pro: Curved to make any blows glance off.
Cons: Weak under the armpit.

Part: Arm (Elbow)
Type: Couter
Description: A Complicated string of metal plates on the elbow that protects it, and allows it to move freely.
Pro: Allows full movement of the arm.
Cons: Complicated, and thus more likely to break.

Part: Arm (Forearm)
Type: Vambrace
Description: Worn on the upper arm Byron’s is made of hardened lethere hide, and metal plates that covers the majority of his forearm with few gaps where the chainmail shows.
Pro: Excellent defense on an area that is often hit.
Cons: Not entirely steel, which means more likely to break through if someone gets a good hit.

Part: Hand
Type: Gauntlet
Description: Byron’s Gauntlets arm mostly leather with sewn in metal plates. Covers his hand completely, and overlaps with his vambrace.
Pro: The Leather structure give him greater flexibility then a full plate Gauntlet, allowing him to perform trickery sword maneuvers without difficult.
Cons: The leather and sewn in plates have many holes, and thus makes his hand the weakest part of his armor. Though hitting someone’s hand is hard, any good hit would tear through this armor.

Part: Leg (Thigh)
Type: Cuisses
Description: Though the tassest attached to his breatplate protects his upper legs, they do not protect from attacks from below. The Cuisses is designed to counter that by providing protection to the thigh in case of an upward attack.
Pro: Good to counter sneak attacks, and low blows.
Cons: A lot of extra weight for armor that is not used often.

Part: Leg (Knee)
Type: Gousset
Description: Byron uses this Gousset to protect his knees.
Pro: Self Explanatory.
Cons: It only covers the front of his knees, not the back of his knees, leaving that spot weak. However if you for whatever reason actually get a shot at the back of his knees, you deserve to win.

Part: Leg (Shin)
Type: Greaves
Description: The greaves consist of two pieces of steel strapped together to protect both the front and back of Byron’s lower legs. Since Attacking an opponents legs is considered cowardly they are the least most damaged part of his armor.
Pro: Excellent protection.
Cons: Not often used.

Part: Leg
Type: Chausses
Description: Chausses are mail Hosen worn under regular armor. (basically chainmail, but for your legs) Byron’s goes up to his knees, but no further.
Pro: Good incase his feet are attacked, or struck un-chivalrously on the legs.
Cons: heavy and uncomfortable. Also only cover up to his knees, leaving his thighs weaker. Sort of.

Spoiler:  
*How often do you see characters saying they have armor without actually knowing anything about armor? Hopefully after reading this far you have a basic understanding of what makes up armor for a Knight, or at least Byron’s armour. All Armour is different this set up just happens to be what works best for him.



Carried Possessions: Many things. He Carries an Ample Supple of coins. (Gold Swords, Silver Shield, Copper Kings, and pennies). As Well he carries some rations 9Salted pork, and beef. A Few dried roots. Hard bred. Anything that doesn’t expire quickly. And a few other trinkets of small note.

Powers/Magic/Skills: Lacking any other place this seems the best place to mention Byron’s marital abilities. While not technically skilled I feel it imprudent to mention which weapons he is skilled at using.

Styles:

Single Blade Combat: Either with a short sword, Arming sword, bastard sword, or longsword. As Well as with dagger, mace, or axe. He is best with an arming sword as he has the most practice with it, but can use the other weapons with a lesser proficiency, depending on the situation and what he has on hand, but will always use a sword if possible.
Pro: Single blade combat allows him to use his other hand for balance, or to add an extra oomph to any attack.
Con: No defense. Using the same weapon for attack and defense can easily become over whelming.

Blade and Shield Combat: Exactly what it says. Usually with his arming sword* but can also use a Short sword, or bastard sword if needed. Can Also use a mace, or axe but is not preferred or recommended. He is best with a regular arming sword as he believes it has the best range-to-weight ratio. He Is very difficult to beat using this combination, especially when combined with his armor.
Pro: Most everything. Good speed, attack, defense, and it is the style Bryon is best at.
Con: No defense to long ranged attacks, and since his left arm is strapped to a shield he has no use of it in case of emergency.

Two Blade Combat: usually with an Arming sword, and dagger. One for offense the other for defense. Can switch the dagger out for a short sword, and the arming sword out for a mace, or short sword. he Works best with a Dagger, and Arming sword as he feels it gives him the best speed. He Doesn't use this style often due to the awkwardness of using two weapons.
Pro: Two weapons means he can attack fast and hard if needed, and still have passable defense.
Con: Wielding two blades(despite what anime tell us) is very difficult, and leaves many holes in his defense.

Horse Combat: he is very good with a lance (Tourney or war), but also has skill with a morning star, and arming sword based horseplay. he is most proficient using a lance, as he is a champion tourny jouster. Of course once his lance breaks he can easily switch to his sword, though it is more difficult what with the shortened reach.
Pro: Byron is very skilled at pointing his lance exactly where he means too, and has on occasion knocked several people over in a single charge with his lance. The Fact that he is horse bound also means he is much harder to hit.
Con: In large battles horses are easy to see, and surround. As well if his horse is killed mid battle it is likely it will fall on top of him.

Hand to hand: he has been taught several different hand to hand fighting arts, and is a master of using everything in the room to area to his advantage. With a sword he always fights with honour, without he is little better then a rouge, so best be careful.
Pro: Any opponent is likely to under estimate someone without a weapon, giving him a good time to strike.
Con: No weapon. No Shield. Do the math.

Weapons: Note: he doesn't carry all these with him, this is just explaining his skills with them. he only carries the weapons mentioned above. Natch.

Arming sword: Byron's preferred weapon on foot. he has more practice with this weapon then any other, and is much better with it. It is useful against pikemen, axeman, other knights, and lightly armored individuals. It is weak against horsemen, heavily armored opponents, and any long ranged attacks.

Mace/Axe: Very similar in uses. Byron can use them but is not especially good with them. They are useful for hitting armored opponent due to the blunt damage they inflict. Weak against most anything else.

Longsword/Bastard Sword: Byron puts these two in the same categories. Byron Rarely uses them as he considered them too long to be of any use. Though the extra range is a plus, they are much slower, and more clumsy to wield.

Short Sword/Daggers : Byron will only use these in conjunction with another weapon, as he feels they lacks the reach to be useful on their own.

Lance: A Long wooden stick. Usually pointed. Do to the structure of lances they are only for use on horse back. They provide excellent range and can pierce even heavy armor if given enough speed. However They are hard to maneuver, and often break after one hit. (Point of Order: Lances shatter often, and the shrapnel can be dangerous to anyone nearby.)

Morning Star: A Spiked ball on a chain. To be Honest Byron find this weapon uncivilized, and rarely uses it. It is, however, a useful counter to the sword while on horseback. It has a great range then a sword, and is able to damage the toughest of armors. It is also near impossible to block once it gets moving, but it suffers from slow attacking speed.

Spoiler:  
*I actually wrote ‘longsword’ here at first, before I corrected myself. See! Even I fall into the trap of misinformation.


Spoiler:  
**You may have noticed ranged weapons were not mentioned. That is because in Sylvilian Knight Culture a bow is considered a peasants weapon, and a dishonorable way of killing. Archers are considered cowards.



Battle Strengths: His battle strengths are many and numerous(Is that a tautology, or just redundant?). He has been trained in the arts of war since he could stand, and thus has developed a very tactical and analytical mind. No matter in what way he is fighting he is quick to spot weakness, and his blade often finds blood. It is not wise to engage Byron in prolonged combat if you at all, wish to live.

In his armor he is slower, but the added defense it gives him is well worth, as it is nearly impossible to penetrate his armor. The few kinks his armor does have are well guarded, and hard to get to, because his sword is often in the way.

If he chooses not to wear armor, or didn’t have time to put it on, or is ambushed, he uses his speed to his advantage. His body is used to fighting with weight bearing down on all sides, so without it dodging, and blocking blows seem almost too easy.

Battle Weaknesses: Well most of all Magic and ranged weapons. He despises all ranged weapons, and refuses to fight anyone using them usually just leaving on his horse instead. He hates magic seeing it as evil, but really has no defense against it.

When wearing his armor his kinks are his weakness, and his slower speed can be a trouble. Do to the complexity of taking off his armour it’s impossible to do mid-battle meaning if he is his by a fast foe he has few defense.

When not wearing his armor (or little armor) his main problem is that he forgets he is not wearing it. He is used to letting his armor take damage a time, and that can cause him to not move away quick enough from a blade, and instead of it hitting armor it cuts.

By the by, it takes time to put his armor on so he always has to put it on beforehand. In case you're retarded and didn't figure that.

Other: Byron has a mare* warhorse named Forlorn. It is usually calm, but reacts venomously if anyone other than Byron tries to mount her. She is used to battle, and never flinches at a fight.

Spoiler:  
*Most heroes use Stallions. I don’t know why. Mares are less likely to mount a random horse in the middle of an epic battle.


Personality: A personality is a complex thing, so I am going to perfectly describe his in only two paragraphs. This’ll work out well.

Byron is kind. He treats people with respect no matter their stature in life (though he does think himself better then peasant, as is expected). He always helps those in needs if at all possibly and does his best to uphold the highest beliefs of the order of knights, and the code of chivalry. However, when doing these acts of goodwill and kindness he also sprinkles on words of wisdom cleverly disguised as seething sarcasm.

Like all in Sylvilia he believes in Gods* and treats them with the utmost respect. He does not hesitate to smite evildoers, and the wicked who stand against him. He does not show mercy in battle, and will kill without a seconds though. If someone begs his life, however, they may get it, but it’s all dependent on their actions.

The world, unlike his views, is not black and white. These shades of grey are confusing to him, and lends to his cynical sarcastic side. He will do good, but will be smart about it. He often contemplates the nature of good and evil, but rarely comes to any conclusions.

That was three paragraphs. Damn. I was close.

Spoiler:  
*The Sylvilians keep to two gods. One called ‘The Sword’ and another called ‘The Shield’. I am sure you can guess their function, and usage in Sylvilian life. There is a third called ‘The other’ who is trapped in the moon. The Religion actually came to mainland Sylvilia from the island of Griffenden, and was started by a man known only as ‘The mad Prophet of Griffenden. More can be found about him in the Four books of the Prophet. (They are: The Commands, The Rights, The Rules, and the prophecies. Of them Only ‘The Commands’ and ‘The Rights’ are publicly available. Sometimes those two books will be combined into a single tomb knows as ‘The Writings of the mad prophet of Griffenden’


Likes: He is fond of Justice, Writing wrongs, long Walks through forests, Wine, being sarcastic.
Dislikes: Evil, injustice, evil doers, the Great other, sandals, needless killing
Fears: He Fears that he may not be able to regain his rightful thrown from his wicked brother.
Virtues: He is a Man of justice! Justice! He Serves the Sword, and The Shield to defeat the wicked, and defend the innocent.
Vices: Admittedly he is a bit too fond of wine.

History:

Byron’s father was the Lord of Greenfall, and a very bitter man. You see Byron’s father lived during s time called the great scourging where the armies of Sylvilia finally ousted the Amitrian invaders from their lands*. However, Byron; father was a cripple, and could not participate in the glorious war.

So, he decided that his son would fulfill this destiny. Since Byron could stand he was trained in fighting, and little else. If Byron did something wrong he would be wiped, or struck until he got it right. It was a brutal, and painful regimen and many knights left the lord of Greenfall’s service because of it.

However it did get the desired effect, by the time Byron was fifteen he was one of the greatest warriors in Sylvilia. In a Tournament he broke eleven lances again The Black Bat, a knight so proficient at jousting he had never lost. Though Byron lost to the Black bat he was so impressed he knighted Byron on the spot. Thus he became Sir Byrontius Begara of Greenfall.

Byrontius was not an only child, however, and this twist of fate proved his downfall. He had an older sister**, Tali, and a younger brother Bartholomew. Despite what Byron’s father did to Byron, Bartholomew was still jealous of all the attention Byron received. He became frustrated, then angry, and then fell into a bad way.

As Byron’s father lay ill in bed Byrontius was prepared to take over lordship of Greenfell, and the title of Baron. That was when Bartholomew struck. Barth killed his own father as he lay sick in bed, and his men killed most of Byron’s before they had a chance. The last of Byron’s knights to fall was his mentor Sir Wymer White.

Sir Wymer was killed, and Byron was captured, but not before he took an arrow in the leg. Instead of killing Byron outright, Bartholomew called on their liege lord, The Duke of Virantis to settle the dispute.
Since all those who followed Byron lay dead, he lost the trial and was considered guilt of the murder of his father. However, instead of death by hanging, as was the usual punishment for kinslaying, Byron was allowed to take exile. You see Byron’s sister seduced the Duke before the trial, and despite not being able to call Byron innocent, he gave him the option to be exiled.

The reasoning for this is a two hundred year old law, that if for whatever reason the claimant (Byron) could gain riches exceeding 10000 Gold Swords then the defendant could not be killed, and that exile was the only other option. Byrontius accepted this ruling and left the land of Sylvilia, hoping to return one day to kill his brother, and take back his rightful land.

Spoiler:  
*The Countries of Amitria and Sylvilia had been fighting a series of wars for over two hundred years. The Amitrians that needed to be scourged came during the assault of Pherecels, where the warrior queen of Amitria managed to take large tracks of Sylvilian land. The Scourging of Sylvilia happened about thirty years after Pherecels died.


Spoiler:  
**In Sylvilia only males are eligible to inherit land, titles and riches.
Last Edited by Puck; 09-05-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Stryder Aedernis Stryder Aedernis is offline
Even in the grave, all is not lost.

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 14,796
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Hm. An amusing, if somewhat clichéd character. Now, to business! *cracks knuckles*

The first thing I notice about this profile (grammatical mistakes aside) is that it's a mess. x3 So to start with, I want you to put all the * bits into an espoiler, like this:

Spoiler:  
yadda yadda yadda do as I say or suffer the consequences blah blah blah.


This will cut down on the jumbly mess and make it altogether easier to read, as that stuff isn't necessary information, although with some you could have just added it on without needing the asterisks...*shrugs*

Next, his jack of plates. No, referring to Wikipedia will not suffice. Give a short description of its strengths (and/or weaknesses) and what it looks like. You don't have to go into enormous detail, just enough to give people an idea.

Next up:

Quote:
Byron also owns a full suit of armour he brings with him*.
...how, exactly, does he bring a full suit of armour around? Detail how he travels with it, where it's stored, etc. I also want you to add the time it takes to put on a full suit of armour to his Battle Weaknesses. I know you mentioned taking it off, but you've said nothing of putting it on. It's not exactly something you can just jump into.

Also, move all of the stuff you've put in the Powers/Magic/Skills section into the Battle Strengths section, and add a rating out of 10 of how effective he is with each combat style (10 being exemplary to the point of being practically unbeatable, 8 being a very well skilled fighter). I want varying skills; make it realistic. Obviously he's going to better at some than others, and there'll probably be one which he particularly favours, etc.

And.....blowing up the world with his mind? Shame on you Puckster, shame on you. x3 Remove it at once!


The final thing is more of an observation than a necessary change; you seem to be contradicting yourself. One minute he's a valiant hero who wants to help people, who dislikes needless violence, etc - but the next he's a merciless killer who won't hesitate to hack, chop, and slice? I'm not going to force you to change anything, but it's something you should consider. Do with it what you will.
__________________
EUGE SERVE BONE ET FIDELIS

Last Edited by Stryder Aedernis; 09-05-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder Aedernis View Post
Hm. An amusing, if somewhat clichéd character. Now, to business! *cracks knuckles*

The first thing I notice about this profile (grammatical mistakes aside) is that it's a mess. x3 So to start with, I want you to put all the * bits into an espoiler, like this:

Spoiler:  
yadda yadda yadda do as I say or suffer the consequences blah blah blah.
This I will do, I suppose. I fail to see how it's a mess, but if you say so.



Quote:
Next, his jack of plates. No, referring to Wikipedia will not suffice. Give a short description of its strengths (and/or weaknesses) and what it looks like. You don't have to go into enormous detail, just enough to give people an idea.

Next up:
This I can do.

Quote:
...how, exactly, does he bring a full suit of armour around? Detail how he travels with it, where it's stored, etc. I also want you to add the time it takes to put on a full suit of armour to his Battle Weaknesses. I know you mentioned taking it off, but you've said nothing of putting it on. It's not exactly something you can just jump into.
He straps it to his war horse, of course. They are very large animals. Also I didn't mention how long it'd take to put on because...well I thought that was obvious to everyone with more then one IQ point.

Quote:
Also, move all of the stuff you've put in the Powers/Magic/Skills section into the Battle Strengths section, and add a rating out of 10 of how effective he is with each combat style (10 being exemplary to the point of being practically unbeatable, 8 being a very well skilled fighter). I want varying skills; make it realistic. Obviously he's going to better at some than others, and there'll probably be one which he particularly favours, etc.
No. The 1-10 thing is something you made up and doesn't make sense. it all depends on who he's fighting how effect each weapon set is. It is not a scaling process, and it does not belong in battle strengths because it is telling what he uses to fight, not how good he is usually. The Only section that fights is the 'Skills' section as fighting with weapons are skills. It is fine where it is. I can Add more detail if you insist (it's a moot point considering he only brings a sword with him...) but it is not getting move, and I'm not adding stupid numerical representations. That's retarded.



Quote:
The final thing is more of an observation than a necessary change; you seem to be contradicting yourself. One minute he's a valiant hero who wants to help people, who dislikes needless violence, etc - but the next he's a merciless killer who won't hesitate to hack, chop, and slice? I'm not going to force you to change anything, but it's something you should consider. Do with it what you will.
he is valiant to the just. Merciless to the unjust. His shield defends the weak, his sword slays the evil. No Contradiction, just a character that's actually complex enough not to fit in your predefined images of what a character should be.

edit: Also I did mention the time it takes to wear armour here:
Quote:
If he chooses not to wear armour, or didn’t have time to put it on, or is ambushed, he uses his speed to his advantage.
Last Edited by Puck; 09-05-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Stryder Aedernis Stryder Aedernis is offline
Even in the grave, all is not lost.

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 14,796
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
Also I didn't mention how long it'd take to put on because...well I thought that was obvious to everyone with more then one IQ point.
Do it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
It is not a scaling process, and it does not belong in battle strengths because it is telling what he uses to fight, not how good he is usually.
I'm not telling you to do it because it's a scaling process, I'm telling you to do it to make it more realistic. If you're trying to say what he can use then you need to make that clear, and clarify that he only uses one fighting style - in which case I'll allow it to stay. Otherwise do as I say. I don't care if you think it's retarded or not, if he uses multiple styles a lot then "he's really good at all of them!" is not good enough. Clarify or meet my demands; it's your choice if you want his approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
he is valiant to the just. Merciless to the unjust. His shield defends the weak, his sword slays the evil. No Contradiction, just a character that's actually complex enough not to fit in your predefined images of what a character should be.
No, you just didn't clarify that, dummy. Either way, I said it wasn't something you needed to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
edit: Also I did mention the time it takes to wear armour here:
Quit yer whinin' and do it.
__________________
EUGE SERVE BONE ET FIDELIS

Last Edited by Stryder Aedernis; 09-05-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder Aedernis View Post
Do it anyway.
I was going to. Durrr.

Quote:
I'm not telling you to do it because it's a scaling process, I'm telling you to do it to make it more realistic. If you're trying to say what he can use then you need to make that clear, and clarify that he only uses one fighting style - in which case I'll allow it to stay. Otherwise do as I say. I don't care if you think it's retarded or not, if he uses multiple styles a lot then "he's really good at all of them!" is not good enough. Clarify or meet my demands; it's your choice if you want his approval.
Now now. Don't be all uppity. I already told you I was going to expand that section, just in a way that makes sense. Give me time to actually doing it instead of getting all *****y, jeeze.

Quote:
No, you just didn't clarify that, dummy. Either way, I said it wasn't something you needed to fix.
I think you just didn't read it. Dummy.

Quote:
Quit yer whinin' and do it.
I didn't say I wasn't. Gosh.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Stryder Aedernis Stryder Aedernis is offline
Even in the grave, all is not lost.

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 14,796
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
I was going to. Durrr.
Well you're being awfully slow about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
Now now. Don't be all uppity. I already told you I was going to expand that section, just in a way that makes sense. Give me time to actually doing it instead of getting all *****y, jeeze.
Rules are rules! Don't make give you detention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
I think you just didn't read it. Dummy.
I read it and made notes, dummy. Now DEW EEEET~~
__________________
EUGE SERVE BONE ET FIDELIS

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

What rules? I'm Still your senior you know and I WILL lay the smackdown if you don't smarten up.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Stryder Aedernis Stryder Aedernis is offline
Even in the grave, all is not lost.

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 14,796
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Puck View Post
What rules? I'm Still your senior you know and I WILL lay the smackdown if you don't smarten up.
The rules that I lay down. You're not my senior and in this thread I am the approver, you are the submissive student. Behave as such or face my wrath.
__________________
EUGE SERVE BONE ET FIDELIS

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

You know. If I feel you are being unfair it is within my rights to request another approver. I submit to nothing easily, so don't make this difficult for you. I WILL track your welsh ass down and beat the seniority right outtaya I will.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Altamira Altamira is a female United States Altamira is offline
Break the Unbreakable
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518


Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
View Posts: 18,192
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

x3 Play nice, boys. *brandishes modly yardstick* By the by, there is no such thing as senior Council members. We're all equal in that respect.
Last Edited by Altamira; 09-05-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

But Aiko he was being a big jerk ;_;
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Altamira Altamira is a female United States Altamira is offline
Break the Unbreakable
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518


Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
View Posts: 18,192
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Oh Pucky, you'd be just as hard on a character needing approval. This is what the flipside feels like. Comply within the best of your ability without compromising the concept of the character, even if it feels dumb or redundant.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Also--we prefer one to stay with the approver who started with them. We've imposed that rule on Palomino before. We should stay consistent unless there is some serious issue we all need to discuss for changing.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Can't I just poke his eye out with my poking stick?
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Altamira Altamira is a female United States Altamira is offline
Break the Unbreakable
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518


Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
View Posts: 18,192
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

x3 It wouldn't sooolve anything, but if it makes you feel better... *looks away*
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

*Pokes out stryders eyes*

Now I don't have to change anything, because he can't see it. AHAHAHAHA. My Master Plan was perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Stryder Aedernis Stryder Aedernis is offline
Even in the grave, all is not lost.

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 14,796
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Pfft, who uses their eyes to see? That's such a redundant effort.


Anyway, SUCK IT PUCKPUCK YEAH~~
*laughs madly*
__________________
EUGE SERVE BONE ET FIDELIS

Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

-_-

One of these days Stryder. BANG ZOOM! Straight to the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Altamira Altamira is a female United States Altamira is offline
Break the Unbreakable
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518


Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
View Posts: 18,192
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

*a-HEM!* Be respectful now, both of yooou. Don't make me have to come back in here and monitor two COUNCILORS who are supposed to be examples to the rest of the BA.

Sillyheads. x3 *tickles both*
Last Edited by Altamira; 09-05-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Puck Puck is offline
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manehatten
View Posts: 15,588
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

There. Edited. Check check check.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Stryder Aedernis Stryder Aedernis is offline
Even in the grave, all is not lost.

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 14,796
Re: Sir Byrontius Begara, The Exiled lord of Greenfall

Alright, I'm almost satisfied (and I can't stand anymore whining x3) with what you've done.

However....why have you got two Weapons sections now? I realize that one is linked with his Skills section, but are you saying he always carries all of those weapons? Or just that he can use them? If he carries them, you need to move those to the actual Weapons sections, otherwise clearly note that he doesn't carry or use them regularly.
__________________
EUGE SERVE BONE ET FIDELIS

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -