Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 AM
PocketCucco PocketCucco is a female United Kingdom PocketCucco is offline
Mew~
View Posts: 516
Re: Oh la la! Zee Art of Lady Ranny! :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ranny View Post
No. I don't need people drawing my stuff for me. >_>

Honestly, I felt offended by you asking that. It's like you're telling me I'm not good enough to draw my own characters.

And the flaws you're pointing out were already pointed out, pretty much, so I know what you're talking about.

EDIT: Also, I'm not drawing her again. Not for awhile anyway.
Ummmm wow, really wish i never took my time to go over that picture and post all that.

Thanks so much for being so grateful.

And honestly, i was just going to help. I never said you were'nt good enough. I just 100% whole heartedly wanted to help you out so you could improve. But forget it. Why make threads like these if you give responses like that?

Signature made by HellsAngel <333
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Boobs and Bossa Nova
View Posts: 4,401

I understand a little why she's being so defensive. She probably sees all the critique as criticism, and it outweighs the positive feedback to her.

But take what they're giving you and use it, Lady. It's pretty valuable stuff--they're noticing things that to most people make pictures look "off" without really knowing why.

Please don't get discouraged--you do improve very quickly, and the more you draw using the advice they give you, pretty soon you won't even have to think about proportions.

I can tell you a little trick regarding arm length, though: hanging loosely by the character's sides, the fingertips should reach a little above half the thigh. Once you've established this, you can have them in any pose you want, and they should be fine.

Don't know if that helped at all, but you know.

3DS Friend code: 1822-0897-4163
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Happy Mask Salesman Happy Mask Salesman is a male Happy Mask Salesman is offline
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
View Posts: 676

LadyRanny, why do you keep making these threads if your going to keep getting into the same repetetive disputes? I've read alot of your threads and you seem to always get so offended by the littlest of things.

And I know it makes you upset when everyone repeat the same things over and over again but that should let you know that there is a problem in that specific area of your work. Hell, if your work is lacking the same thing in every single picture you draw then it should be repeated a hundred times. The critiques people are feeding you should encourage you to want to draw even more. It seems to me when someone tries to offer you help you just shut them out. You take things like a spit in the face instead of more so a helping hand.

I think you should let PocketCucco draw the picture for you so you can see what it is she is trying to explain to you. Just accept the help, please. You are a great artist. I've seen many of your works but I think I am going to faint if I see another picture so disproportioned.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketCucco View Post
Ummmm wow, really wish i never took my time to go over that picture and post all that.

Thanks so much for being so grateful.

And honestly, i was just going to help. I never said you were'nt good enough. I just 100% whole heartedly wanted to help you out so you could improve. But forget it. Why make threads like these if you give responses like that?
Gee, thanks for accepting the apology I wrote on the previous page. >_>

And you can forget it because I don't need your help, nor do I want it. I don't like people helping me out with things like this. I'm sorry if this is harsh, but I don't know how else to put it.

Criticism is all I want and is all I accept. Oh, and positive comments are appreciated as well, obviously.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 06-30-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason:
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Horror of the Deep
View Posts: 16,060

Quote:

And you can forget it because I don't need your help, nor do I want it. I don't like people helping me out with things like this. I'm sorry if this is harsh, but I don't know how else to put it.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, you need more help than you'll ever realize. Your art sucks, to be blunt about it.

Quote:
Criticism is all I want and is all I accept. Oh, and positive comments are appreciated as well, obviously.
No, you don't accept criticism. You get all huffy and pissy when people criticize you.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned User

Look, I don't need any **** from you right now, Red. Just get the **** out of my thread if all you're going to do is be insulting.
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
In Nicki we trust.
View Posts: 6,793

That's too much Red...

Ranny, you should really try to get back the help PocketCucco offered you. That kind of help is really useful. I've seen how people improve when they see their mistakes within their drawing. Plus it'd show how important your art is to you.

But that's appearently imposible seeing your ungrateful responses to her. I can tell you don't really care anymore (or you are trying pretend you don't). I tell you, without help, no one can be as good as one could be, less so you.
Last Edited by Conde; 06-30-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason:
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Banned User

Like PocketCucco said, Exi, practice makes perfect, or almost perfect, since nothing is perfect really.

I just need practice, is all. I find I don't learn well from looking at visuals anyway. It's just like copying another picture, only you're not copying the whole thing, just the improvements. And I suck at copying something. I'm lucky the Ponyta picture came out like it did lol. Usually my copies are a lot worse. XD

EDIT: Also, it isn't that I didn't care, it's that I don't like that kind of help.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 06-30-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason:
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Boobs and Bossa Nova
View Posts: 4,401

Quote:
Like PocketCucco said, Exi, practice makes perfect, or almost perfect, since nothing is perfect really.

I just need practice, is all. I find I don't learn well from looking at visuals anyway. It's just like copying another picture, only you're not copying the whole thing, just the improvements. And I suck at copying something. I'm lucky the Ponyta picture came out like it did lol. Usually my copies are a lot worse. XD

EDIT: Also, it isn't that I didn't care, it's that I don't like that kind of help.
You should certainly try, though. Art IS visual, so it doesn't really make sense saying that you don't learn well from visuals. What is the point if you're practicing using the same mistake over and over again?

Listen to people, Lady Ranny. Most of us are trying to be understanding and helpful.

3DS Friend code: 1822-0897-4163
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
In Nicki we trust.

It's not about copying what she'd post, but looking at your mistakes.

Remember Asia in the critique central?

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/1456844-post23.html
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Banned User

I do listen to people...I listened to Tonchiki and Astarael on the previous page and I tried to apologize to PocketCucco.

Of course art is visual, but learning to draw doesn't have to be visual. You all said I improved, no? I never used any visuals to improve. I've also tried using visuals in the past, but I hardly improved at all. It's just not the way I learn.

Sorry, if I could, I'd keep using visuals. Honest.

Exidid: Yes, I do, but Asia never once did that for any pictures of mine, so...
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 06-30-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason:
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:30 PM
In Nicki we trust.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/1456721-post15.html

Right on the same page.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned User

Oh...

Well, it seems I have little memory of that thread. XD

Well, I still don't learn well from looking at visuals. I use myself, actually. I pose the pose I want to draw and practice drawing it. It's helped me improve heaps.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
In Nicki we trust.

So, will you keep showing us your drawings? :3

Because browsing the artwork section is one of the things I love. And one less artist on the board would sadden me. You don't want Exi sad, do you?
Last Edited by Conde; 06-30-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason:
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 02:52 PM
PocketCucco PocketCucco is a female United Kingdom PocketCucco is offline
Mew~
View Posts: 516

Quote:
Gee, thanks for accepting the apology I wrote on the previous page. >_>

There was no direct apology towards me. And you still continue to be quite rude and stubborn with what your writing. Seriously, there are much nicer and more mature ways of declining a generous offer.

And really you should start listening to what people say more on here. There are many artists here that are far more experienced at drawing than you, and when they offer you advice or help, you should'nt dismiss it so quickly. Hell, i never got this type of help through the years of learning to draw, i had to work out almost every mistake by myself so count yourself lucky.

I know you're probably just going to ignore everything i just said and not put it into practice, but really, you should be more grateful to those trying to help you. Its just good manners really.

Signature made by HellsAngel <333
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,314

*Sigh*

Déjà vu.

Ranil, I honestly don't understand why people even bother trying to help you. Whenever someone like Pocket generously offers to help you improve your art, you have your head stuck so far up your own arse that you're in danger of choking on your own head, and you think they're being condescending when they're genuinely trying to help.

Had Pocket merely said "this sux lol", she would have not been constructive. However, she was being constructive, and generous as well, and yet you still refuse to let go of your pride enough to see that she's not insulting you.

This has been happening for years now. Someone gives constructive criticism, you take it as an insult, you BAWWWW, drama ensues.

Guys, there's really no point in giving her constructive criticism. If people have been trying and failing for years to get it through her skull that they are merely trying to help her, what makes you think this will be any different.

<Steam>
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidid View Post
So, will you keep showing us your drawings? :3

Because browsing the artwork section is one of the things I love. And one less artist on the board would sadden me. You don't want Exi sad, do you?
Yes I will. And I'll ignore any bad comments like that of Red said.

PocketCucco: Now who is being ungrateful? I need to remind myself never to try apologizing to you again.

Silver: lol
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,314

Quote:
Silver: lol
See, this is exactly what I mean, missy.

<Steam>
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629


  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Nictel For M0derator '10

View Posts: 4,794

For a moment I thought the old thread had been unlocked. Then I came here and saw it was just the same **** all over again. Including the same pictures!

Thanks Cambria!
Dutch? Belgique? Grand Duchy of Luxembourg? Join the Low Countries!
Closed Thread

Tags
art, lady, ranny, zee