Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
In Nicki we trust.
View Posts: 6,796
Re: ~Conde's Music~

Honestly, Holden, in a couple of those verses I was actually thinking of you.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Off-Key Anthem
View Posts: 10,366

there's a big smile on my face
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 PM
In Nicki we trust.

My mother and my niece say that this is their favorite of the songs I perform. It's very simple, but still managed to fault through some parts

Seriously, arcade fire rocks.

Oh, yes, also, C3 was so out of tune. I had to get around some parts without playing it
Last Edited by Conde; 03-05-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Holden, IGNIS
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 10:57 PM
In Nicki we trust.

Heya! I've made a couple of songs this month.

Birds & Lairs - Soundcloud

Made the song today. I mean, the arrangement of the piano is exactly the same as one I was doing for a cover of Coldplay's "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall", but I figured it was way too mine and decided to make a song from it. "Birds & Lairs" is the slowest song I've ever recorded, sitting at 75 BPM (I had never dipped under 90 BPMs!), but is much brighter than many others around here.

This one is about how great staying at home and making some music is and how little I want to leave my room. The bird imagery was inspired from Rubén Darío's Azul and from accidentally recording a bird chirping. I like it, and I think it's the perfect length (barely two minutes long).

Act Aloof - Soundcloud

First song I've made that does not include a piano. Well, I actually wrote this on piano but then I got rid of it because it was dull. This one I don't like as much as "Birds & Lairs"; my favorite thing about it is the title. I made this while I was feeling a weird mixture of hurt and relief after I got rejected by a dude I have a crush on.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Oh, I just noticed "Birds & Lairs" sounds very British at the end. I mean, reminds me of Radiohead, kind of.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

❤❤❤❤, I've already uploaded it, but I have a huge urge to extend ""Birds & Lairs" a lotttt.
Last Edited by Conde; 03-27-2012 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 AM
#notallmen

View Posts: 5,974

The piano cover and that last two tracks you've posted are really chill, Conde. Again, bear with me here cuz I'm no music expert, but I can only describe these as chill, experimental, indistinct, chic-- especially the latter, dude. I think this is like very cool downtempo, and your accent really lends itself well to the loose lyrics. Just really loving your work here, Conde.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM
In Nicki we trust.

Thank you IGNIS! I'm really flattered by your comments because I know you have a good ear and sensibility with everything about art By the way, you are much better at catalogizing my music than myself, haha, so thank you for leading my way xD

I have two new tracks.

Llanto - Soundcloud

It becomes pretty obvious right off the bat why the track is named "Llanto". Some background:

I started this track while I was in Massachusetts last year. I had only my laptop and my webcam mic with me, and I had just gotten Ableton Live 8 installed into my laptop. I really wanted to use a chunk of my time during my trip to USA to make music -even with no piano or microphone- so I used my webcam mic and a small chunk of my niece vocals to build my instruments. This track was experemental right off from the beggining because I had never built my instruments with the Simpler in Ableton, and it was really cool. I half finished the track that November, and this past April I did a heavy polishing duty structurizing and mixing the track (it's a bad mix, though, had problems raising the volume without frequencies clashing and quickly gave up on that), but I really like the fact that I just made something that sounds like nothing I've ever heard before.

So, it's called Llanto because the sample I used from my niece recording kind of sounds like she is saying "Llanto" in a really low frequency. I included the original unaltered sample at the end of the track.

that was a lot of words for a track I'm not particularly crazy about. now, for my newest song:

Moments Under the Moon - Soundcloud

OK, so the inspiration for this song was pretty straight-forward. I spent a whole week a away with my class in a journey to Petén (Flores, Tikal), Izabal (Finca Ixobel, Río Dulce, Livingstone) and Belize (Cayos), and the moments I spent contemplating the sound of the Caribbean Sea, of Lake Izabal, and Lake Itzá while under the moon were some of the best in my life. I was taken out of myself while under the sky.

In a more literal way, the song is about the confusion I felt when I discovered I might have been falling for a girl, and the confusion of the effort of getting over someone else. I had never felt something like that for a girl, and I really couldn't stop thinking about her. We were dancing after dinner and I was really trying to get her to dance with me -she's the kind of girl who doesn't take anyone up for a dance just out of how shy she is-. But she did, and I felt so good about her. Afterwards, I spend some time on the beach, thinking about her. That is the night that inspired this song.

This is a picture of the moon that exact midnight:

Oh my god, thinking back on this trip is making me feel so nostalgic. I really had a fantastic time.

Anyway, during the process of making the song, I came to hate it. I really couldn't stand listening to it another time, because I really didn't think it was as good as I wanted it to be, and I became fully fed up with it so I just uploaded it. I'm getting over that, though, and now I think I like it a bit better than my normal track. It still drives me a bit crazy, though >.>
Last Edited by Conde; 05-18-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Send a message via AIM to tnf Send a message via Skype™ to tnf
View Posts: 12,341

I told you in skype but ho man
you have a lot of talent! <3 I had no idea, I wish I had checked out your thread sooner.

I really like Llanto. It's very different, kinda weird-trippy, but that's exactly the kind of stuff I listen to. <3
I wish that I could give you some pointers or something, but music isn't really my forte. Keep doing what you're doing
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 PM
In Nicki we trust.

Thank you, tnf! Honestly, Llanto has been growing on me, haha.

I haven't finished anything yet, but I just re-uploaded one of my first recordings. It's a cover of "Imagine" we made with my friend Gaby. We didn't have enough times so I got to work with only a few takes of her voice, but I think it was almost sufficient.

Soundcloud - Imagine (John Lennon cover with Gaby)

pretty much, just her voice+my piano.
we performed this live and it was great :3
Last Edited by Conde; 06-13-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Ahluk
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 PM
In Nicki we trust.

Zero Light by Daniel Conde on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

My first ever project, started about 20 months ago. Dusted off and finally uploaded. :3
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Off-Key Anthem
View Posts: 10,366

I don't really think the piano and the midi tones or whatever harmonize all that well in the first fourth of the song. :/ Otherwise really pleasant.
Last Edited by Holden; 08-16-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Conde
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2012, 11:49 AM
In Nicki we trust.

Yeah, that's probably true. I remember studying the tones really well but I guess the timbres of the synths are just not meant for each other </3

Anyway, finally a new completed song. This one is about being on a high horse and on a cloud.

High Horse Cloud by Daniel Conde on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I was meaning to make this song for my band, but it doesn't lend itself to our indie-rock style, so I'm claiming it for myself. :3
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
In Nicki we trust.

I shouldn't make a habit of posting demos (why?) but here are a couple we'll probably use with our band:

"Russian Cushions" - Conde's Tindeck
"A Ghost's Echo Chamber is our Ears" (name totally made up right now) - Conde's Soundcloud

Piano only!
Last Edited by Conde; 08-29-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Buu
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM
In Nicki we trust.

LISTEN TO MY NEWEST TRACK "MAXWELL".

MAXWELL by Daniel Conde on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I MADE ANYTHING THIS EXCITING.
IT'S ABOUT TRYING TO ACT INDIFFERENT TO THIS BOY NAMED ALEX WHO I SECRETLY STALK.

IN CASE YOU CARE, I SAMPLE SKY FERREIRA'S "EVERYTHING IS EMBARRASSING" FOR THE DRUMS AND SOME VOCALS.

CAPSSSS
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 AM
In Nicki we trust.

Damn, so because of the fire that took place in February, pretty much three post and a bunch of edits I had made for this thread were lost and it's all very tragic, etc.

Anyways, on February this year, 2013, I completed an EP with four songs I made during the last months of 2012. It's called Echo Valley, here is the link to the set.

Daniel Conde - Echo Valley EP
  1. Jovian Fever (Androphilia)
  2. Dewdrops I Moan
  3. Cyberpillow
  4. La Caravana
"Jovian Fever (Androphilia)" is about my attraction to males.
"Dewdrops I Moan" is a meaningless song dedicated to my sister (her name is Rocio, Spanish for 'dewdrop') and my niece (her name is Naomi).
"Cyberpillow" is a track I made really late into the night and is about the stupor one feels while online so late.
"La Caravana" is the melancholy, disgust, and joy I felt towards the last days of high-school.

I'm kind of satisfied with this. It feels like such a long time ago I made it I don't feel like it's mine in any way, anymore. "La Caravana" is probably my favorite song I've made, though.
Last Edited by Conde; 06-14-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Ahluk
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-15-2013, 10:15 PM
In Nicki we trust.

OK,, SO GUYS! this is a new song and I really like it. Posted it in tumblr along with a brief summary of where it came from. Listen!

Music from lairs; Conde - Loyalty Boy

Last Edited by Conde; 06-15-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Ahluk, Holden, IGNIS
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2013, 10:54 PM
#notallmen

View Posts: 5,974

^i already shared all my thoughts about it on skype but I can't stress how much I enjoyed that track. that beat gets everything going from start to finish, and those vocals-- deliSH.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 PM
In Nicki we trust.

Thank you so much, man <3333
track's been getting the most plays I've ever had in soundcloud so that's that!
Last Edited by Conde; 06-17-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2013, 08:37 PM
In Nicki we trust.

'Nother new song. None has taken me as little time as this one and still I think this is the track with the best production quality I've got.

Music from lairs ; Daniel Conde - Eigengrau
Last Edited by Conde; 06-22-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Ahluk, Holden

Tags
art, condeznuts