Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Interactive comic revival-- yea or nay?
I'm interested in seeing/joining in. Revive the original comic. 15 50.00%
I'm interested in seeing/joining in. Start a completely new story/cast. 13 43.33%
Not interested. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 PM
(Jehanne)

View Posts: 17,454
Re: Interactive comic revival-- yea or nay?

I'm really excited! A couple weeks ago I almost sent you a message, Tonch, to ask about it. But I knew that you would tell us when the time was drawing closer.

:3

1 person liked this post: GooeyKablooie
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
__
View Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
Yesssss~!

One way to start a new adventure, and continiue the old one at the same time could be to start from a new panel featuring Damien at the beginning of his journey, and follow his events up to where he and Angelo first meet.

It would be a chance to give the antagonist/rival a backstory and at the same time start a new story (even though we would have to make sure it leads up to the current story).

I also thought about other characters that could be used for this...but there is no real potential in most of the other guys backstories because they have been mostly clarified.

I guess in a way that would still require people to know about the old story, so that they don't contradict it. But it would give the newcommers some freedom and maybe a more compelling start. Dunno.
That's not a bad idea.
We're thinking of a way that we could do this effectively, so that no one's lost and the story ends up where it needs to be without contradicting anything or anyone's character, but liberties could still be taken for it to be a "different" side to the story for Damien.

I'll get back to everyone. Something will get figured out.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 AM
__

Okay it'll be soon, I promise.

My semester at school is ending right now and that means I'll have plenty of time to finish up the new Flash viewer (most of it is there, I just need to tweak some things).
It'll be much better than the other one, trust me.

Plus it can work so that even if someone else runs the comic, they (or I) can still add the new parts to the comic. It's made with much better ease-of-use in mind, even if I'm the only one that benefits from the behind-the-scenes fixed. It may happen that I don't run it, we'll see.

But I just wanted to mention that it's still coming back, probably in the next couple of weeks when I finish the new Flash app for it.
Last Edited by GooeyKablooie; 04-12-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: Iron Fist, Khaoabunga, Succubus, Vynrah
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-19-2012, 11:08 PM
__

Sorry for the triple-post, and no it's not quite there yet, but we're in the stage now of revising the way it'll run, and we came up with a pretty important question.

We haven't decided one way or the other, but I figured I'd ask here to see what other people thought, and to get some help solving this problem.

So this might sound bad, but....
What would people think of conducting the interactive comic off of ZU?
There are a few motives behind this:

Positives
  • This site is a pile of ❤❤❤❤ that breaks down every other day and it sometimes makes it extremely difficult to do anything. That could become a problem.
  • The comic could become a little broader
  • I already have an external blog that is updated with the comic, which seems like an easy place for all the information about it to be found (along with the Flash viewer)

But there are a lot of reasons why I'm hesitant to move it off of this site too...

Negatives
  • Participation could possibly become too big and unmanageable if we allow people from elsewhere on the Internet to join.
  • I'm not sure anyone would be willing to go to another site/by other means to participate when it was previously here and.... "easier"?... to access
  • One idea was to have one of those free forums set up just for the comic, but I'm not sure many people would be willing to sign up for yet another site just to do this.
  • People might not like it no longer being the child of this small art community here alone

I'm mostly concerned about how we would go about running it if it was elsewhere, how people would find out about it and join, and how people would interact with me and with each other like they do here in these forums.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?
It's fine if you hate the idea too. That's why I'm asking.

Not really sure what we should do.
I'd appreciate any thoughts at all.
1 person liked this post: Gold
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 PM
__

Quadruple-post

I just wanted to say that I'm requesting a ban for myself from this forum indefinitely.
How this will affect the interactive comic, I honestly don't know. I don't know when (or if) I will be coming back.

I'll still be working on it in the next few weeks, and perhaps someone else will run it in my stead. Or we may run it off-site. Who knows. I may have someone else such as Gold post about it if I have anything to say.

But I wanted to thank everyone that left feedback or has shown interest in the interactive comic.

-!-

If you really want to talk to me about what's going on with the comic or whatever, you can always try leaving a comment at the comic's blog, sending me a private note on deviantArt, or even reaching me through my own blog.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-22-2012, 07:03 AM
(Jehanne)

View Posts: 17,454

When you decide to run it, you can reach me on dA -- because, of course, I'll still be interested in participating.

Tags
interactive comic