Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
View Posts: 10,090
Sketchs and Stuff: The Rebirth!

I'm not that great of an artist, I'll admit, design and architecture are my strongest creative traits. But I do like to draw, and I regard these drawings as more sketches than anything. Some of them are charcoal drawings I did for my Drawing I class back in 2009 while others are just freehand drawings I made for the hell of it.

WARNING: Nudity

Drew this just today. Wanted to go with a reclining nude like you see in art and decided to choose Naboruu because her body type was the closest to the reference pic I used.

Anyone ever heard of Patrick Nagel? Well I decided to draw a piece of his and then color it. I have to say, this is my best drawing.

This was an abstract doodle I made on the bus one day while listening to a great live version of Stairway to Heaven. Just had to draw it as soon as the idea popped in my head.

Below are charcoal drawings I did:

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Last Edited by Nox; 06-28-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Loki Laufeyson
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 01:47 PM
My heart's far, far away....home and free....
View Posts: 315
Re: Sketchs and Stuff: The Rebirth!

I really like all the work you put into these sketches, all of them are really beautiful! I just have one concern about the first sketch, with Nabooru. I find that her head seems slightly disproportional compared to the rest of her body. However, I really like the shading you did to her body, the contrast is very stunning! My personal favourites were those of the objects, notably the stool with the clothing draped over it, I found that really intriguing.

Congrats on the fantastic work Nox! Keep it up, I hope to see some more work from you!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 05:29 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

I really, really like your charcoal drawings.
You have some crazy awesome understanding of light sources and where and how to express highlights and shadows, especially on the Coat on the chair. I love how you captured the folds. A lot of the time, people when shading folds on clothes can really just make the mistake of "one side dark - other side light" and you've really made the coat seem really three-dimensional! I have no idea of how to do that shiz! Big props man!

Something I see generally with all your artwork is that it all has some sort of texture to it - not sure if that's the paper you're using - and I don't think it is, but it really looks beautiful. All your objects feel really solid and really well defined.

And that Stairway to heaven pic is just pure amaze.
If that was just doodled on the bus, I'd love to see you seriously spend time sitting down on it!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2011, 05:56 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaruse View Post
I really like all the work you put into these sketches, all of them are really beautiful! I just have one concern about the first sketch, with Nabooru. I find that her head seems slightly disproportional compared to the rest of her body. However, I really like the shading you did to her body, the contrast is very stunning! My personal favourites were those of the objects, notably the stool with the clothing draped over it, I found that really intriguing.

Congrats on the fantastic work Nox! Keep it up, I hope to see some more work from you!
Thank you! And yeah, I know the neck is a bit too long and her face is a tad bit small, but I'm working on those in drawing in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ghirahim View Post
And that Stairway to heaven pic is just pure amaze.
If that was just doodled on the bus, I'd love to see you seriously spend time sitting down on it!
Actually that is the finished product you are seeing, but I get ya point. I'm nowhere near as good at color pencil shading as some friends of mine are, but eh!

Anyway, rough sketch of what I'm drawing right now, any tips on what I need to do before I finalize this out?

Quote:
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Mister Me
View Posts: 156

very unigue drawings. i remember seeing this kind artwork at museums(i forgot which one been to many across country) very cool though
Last Edited by spike567; 06-30-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2011, 09:30 AM
-x.
View Posts: 17,740

I agree with Lord Ghirahim.

My favourite pieces from you would have to be the charcoal drawings. And it's the amazing texture behind each piece. There's so much depth to them - they're pleasant to look at. <3

And the way you captured the light and shadow is incredible too. Charcoal is such a difficult median to use, so I applaud you for having such skill in using them!
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST

Glad to appreciate the comments so far people. I'd love to get back into charcoal drawing . . . but its an expensive drawing medium I swear! I'm stickin with pencils . . . and the compy. Yes, I have a compy drawing to show, Oh people who care!

Anyway, finished the Audrey Hepburn drawing just yesterday! Again, pardon the crudity of it, I took the picture on my camera . . . will scan it in when I get the chance!

Also, here is a picture I made of a puffin for my moms b-day last year. Drew and colored this on the computer using a tablet and Paint Shop Pro 9 (eff yo Photoshop! :p)

Quote:

We were 17
2 people liked this post: Armillary, Loki Laufeyson
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 AM
View Posts: 8,576

Interesting. I love the puffin one!
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
MADLY IN CHOCOLATE ABOUT LOVE AND CHOCOLATES

And the life of this world is nothing BUT play and amusement.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-22-2011, 06:34 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST

I also do photography and photo manipulations, so I may as well include these too. Here are some recent ones, though I will warn those with bad Internet: they are big files.

Quote:

We were 17
1 person liked this post: Loki Laufeyson
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-23-2011, 11:46 PM
In Nicki we trust.
View Posts: 6,796

WOW, I have to say it, I like your digital work much better than anything else you've posted. All four photo manipulations are amazing @.@
Last Edited by Conde; 12-23-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
charcoal, drawing crap, nabooru