Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Yeah, it was a quick drawing. Actually, I just realised his hat isn't on his head.
I might fix that one day.
:3



So here is a better one.
TP Link.
It is from the poster with the wolf that is why there is a diagonal like under his neck cutting off his body.


Ignore some of the random lines, they are from the other side of the paper that showed through in the picture.
__________________

Last Edited by Melpomene; 03-08-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku is a male United States Hatsune Miku is offline
Time Machine
Send a message via Skype™ to Hatsune Miku
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Urbandonment.
View Posts: 13,914
Re: Melps Museum

Fix it NOW!!!
jk

But seriously it doesn't look complete. But! It looks good as much as you've done. :3
__________________
Poop apples.
Bricks are like donkeys.
Boats take for ever to eat.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 PM
QuantumPelican QuantumPelican is a male Australia QuantumPelican is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: QuantumPelican
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perth
View Posts: 1,550
Re: Melps Museum

Nice shading but I think that Link's head is a bit longer (if you will) and thinner than your drawing. And it does look a bit incomplete (where is Link's neck.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Thankyou, I never really noticed how empty the back of his next was. It always looked ok to me.
I'll have a look to see if his next shows up in the actual picture.
fix it maybe then get back to you.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 06:22 PM
knatebaker knatebaker is a male United States knatebaker is offline
Baker didn't start the Fire!

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winterfell
View Posts: 982
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post

Ignore some of the random lines, they are from the other side of the paper that showed through in the picture.
I thought you did very well, and there arn't as many random lines as you think They sort of blend in unless you are looking for them.

You did the hair very well, and I like the way his eyes stick out.
__________________



My house burnt down. Check out my blog: Baker Bored at Work

Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Thankyou.
Although I'll probably just stick to my photography. Drawing is very tedious to me if i'm not in the mood.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Here are the newest photos fromt today.







This is another one with a meaning. It is supposed to show an emotion. I want to see if it is obvious or just lost.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 AM
QuantumPelican QuantumPelican is a male Australia QuantumPelican is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: QuantumPelican
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perth
View Posts: 1,550
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
Here are the newest photos fromt today.

The only thing that "ruins" this (not really) is the fact that shadow falls on one of the bottom petals on the highest flower other than that it is awesome.
Quote:
Haven't you already done one of these? But yeah good... moving on.
Quote:
This is another one with a meaning. It is supposed to show an emotion. I want to see if it is obvious or just lost.
Before I read your description, I knew that this was your next "story teller". Very artistic in my opinion The only thing is that you should have cropped out the bottom of the image. Seeing the bottom of the clothes line but not the pole or whatever isn't too good.
__________________
What?! You don't have my money?!
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminian Weirdo View Post
The only thing that "ruins" this (not really) is the fact that shadow falls on one of the bottom petals on the highest flower other than that it is awesome.
Yeah, I agree with that actually.
I think that is my shadow :3 Dang. I hate flying ants. spooky.

Quote:
Haven't you already done one of these? But yeah good... moving on.
Yes, but I love dandelions, and this one is mildly different. :3
Quote:
Before I read your description, I knew that this was your next "story teller". Very artistic in my opinion The only thing is that you should have cropped out the bottom of the image. Seeing the bottom of the clothes line but not the pole or whatever isn't too good.
Crap, I always forget to crop.
Yeah, any guess to what it is about though?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 AM
QuantumPelican QuantumPelican is a male Australia QuantumPelican is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: QuantumPelican
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perth
View Posts: 1,550
Re: Melps Museum

^ Um, heh heh, everything in it looks old and worn out. It also looks empty (artistically empty ) could it reflect loneliness or abandonment (this is probably a really terrible guess)?
__________________
What?! You don't have my money?!
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Lonliness is correct.
That was good

I am glad that is shows what I wanted it to.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku is a male United States Hatsune Miku is offline
Time Machine
Send a message via Skype™ to Hatsune Miku
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Urbandonment.
View Posts: 13,914
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post




1st photo looks somehow abstract, in my opinion. I'm not sure what to think. But I guess I like it.

2nd photo is really good, even though it's not centered. Guess it didn't have to be centered.

3rd photo is really, really good. I know there are some words to describe what it makes me think of, but my mind is blank. Think Mr. Okami, think!!!
__________________
Poop apples.
Bricks are like donkeys.
Boats take for ever to eat.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 AM
CZG CZG is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Dec 2009
View Posts: 193
Re: Melps Museum

Some of the pictures are pretty nice.

One comment that seems to return fairly often, is that something should be centered.
No way! I hate centered pictures like the things people take on their holliday.

If you are lucky, they make 300 photo's with the person in the centre and some holliday place in the background with no interaction at all. Could be the same photo of the person photoshopped (=copy pasted) in a new evironment...
This is so very, very wrong...

Whatever you do, don't center anything.
Maybe if you need textures to skin in 3D programs or when you need things as a reference when you know for sure that the photo will not be used. Don't count on it however...

Just don't center pictures people!
Great stuff Cindy, keep it up!
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Okami View Post
1st photo looks somehow abstract, in my opinion. I'm not sure what to think. But I guess I like it.

2nd photo is really good, even though it's not centered. Guess it didn't have to be centered.

3rd photo is really, really good. I know there are some words to describe what it makes me think of, but my mind is blank. Think Mr. Okami, think!!!
Thankyou again. I might take some non-centred pictures, then the same thing centred and see which one looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZG View Post
Some of the pictures are pretty nice.

One comment that seems to return fairly often, is that something should be centered.
No way! I hate centered pictures like the things people take on their holliday.

If you are lucky, they make 300 photo's with the person in the centre and some holliday place in the background with no interaction at all. Could be the same photo of the person photoshopped (=copy pasted) in a new evironment...
This is so very, very wrong...

Whatever you do, don't center anything.
Maybe if you need textures to skin in 3D programs or when you need things as a reference when you know for sure that the photo will not be used. Don't count on it however...

Just don't center pictures people!
Great stuff Cindy, keep it up!
Thankyou. I apreciate your input. As I said above I will try some centered and non-centred to see which is better.

What do you mean about 3D skins as a reference? I didn't really understand what you were saying.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-19-2010, 07:17 AM
CZG CZG is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Dec 2009
View Posts: 193
Re: Melps Museum

Oh yeah, just center things when you need to trace stuff for pictures or when you want to use a picture on a wall in a 3D program and stuff like that.

Basically, when the final output is no photo, you could center it.
I agree, it wasn't that relevant.

Of course, there are always a bunch of centered pictures, that seem to work very well...
But most of the time, it makes a picture very static and even boring. But you knew that already.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

So I can put this up now.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-08-2010, 08:39 AM
QuantumPelican QuantumPelican is a male Australia QuantumPelican is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: QuantumPelican
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perth
View Posts: 1,550
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
So I can put this up now.

You seem to like your flowers.
It's good but maybe a little blurry at the back. Yay.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminian Weirdo View Post
You seem to like your flowers.
It's good but maybe a little blurry at the back. Yay.
That is why I made the background Black and white. It was blurry but cropping it made the picture too full.
I cropped it at the bottom though. Maybe I should have cropped it at the top instead.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Melpomene Australia Melpomene is offline
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Besaid
View Posts: 11,887
Re: Melps Museum

Ok, I think I may as well put this one up too.
I was tossing up between which picture to enter in the last art contest. I picked the other one. This is the one I didn't use.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2010, 06:07 AM
QuantumPelican QuantumPelican is a male Australia QuantumPelican is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: QuantumPelican
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perth
View Posts: 1,550
Re: Melps Museum

Excellent.

It's kind of weird how short these responses are when you only post one photo.
__________________
What?! You don't have my money?!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dick in a box, george


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -