Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 PM
View Posts: n/a
OoT2D + New Project news.

Hi, I am the creator of Ocarina of Time 2D. Sadly, that game was never intended to be finished, and was only used to get some money through donations. But this time, I have a real project for everybody.

Plains of Chaos v1.0 Beta 1.75
Download: InstallPoC.exe (1.49MB)

Please read the Plains of Chaos.txt file at the bottom of this post for the keys and pertinent information.

This is a simple Beta version which allows you to move around a simple area. It will be updated with Beta 2... see below.

Beta 2 Screenshot Teaser
Click to enlarge:

Beta 1.75 Screenshot
Click to enlarge:

Please read the Plains of Chaos.txt file (at bottom of this post) for directions on playing as Male/Female and for key/commands.

Keyboard Shortcuts:
F4 : Toggle fullscreen/windowed mode
Enter: Toggle background music on/off
Arrows: Move
S: Take a screenshot (Screenshots are in .png format: Plains of Chaos #.png)
P: Switch between 10 different Player Characters

Premise:
The storyline is still being built, but already in the mix is the ability to turn into creatures you have defeated for brief periods (using MP) and use powers that the creature was able to use.

The main artifacts in the game are Dragon Orbs from the Eleven Types of Dragons:
Black, Blue, Copper, Gold, Red, Silver, White, Mercury, Crystal, Prismatic, Deep. These items are of immense power and you must seek them in different Plains of existence; sort of a Dante's Divine Comedy (Inferno) you'll travel from the Beauty of Heaven to the depths of The 9 Hells. Fighting monstrous creatures along the way.

Currently the game is in very low Beta phases, but as time progresses I will post the updates here.

I'm currently in the U.S. Army, so I won't have much time for the next couple of weeks to work on it, but it's still on my priorities list. (Along with my other project OOT2D).

This game will be infinately expandable, and I will release updates, patches and the like as time progresses. New items, weapons, character classes, areas, and enemies will be released with simple downloads (no need to redownload the .exe file). I will be adding a map maker so that you can, in an essence create your own dungeons and share them with friends.

Objects and the like will be made using my new XML parser system. The resources will be archived (7-ZIPped) and encrypted making them hack-proof.

I have made my own file types, which each have their own Icons, they are:

The language packs will allow you to play the game in any language that a pack has been made for, currently there is no dialog except the game's name in English. But as time progresses, I hope to have as many languages as possible.

A save system (.pcp) will be created as well, allowing you to save all of your Hero's progress and with no need to worry about furthur updates, the save files will be appendable.

Currently the Map has 5 layers:
Background (Grass, Dirt)
Terrain (Flowers, Rocks)
Objects (Trees, Bushes)
Fluff (Misc.)
Spawn (Enemies, NPC's, events)

A common .pca file, with the .pcc file (unzipped) looks like this:

When a room is created, a call to drawArea(); is made, this call is only needed once, and the whole level is created.

Old Ocarina of Time info can be found here. http://www.zfgc.com/dbarras/old/requirements.html
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,468
Re: OoT2D + New Project news.

I am allowing this thread to go ahead, as the last was flamed. However, the first sign of any flaming in thread, it will be closed and people warned...

if the same three people flame again, they are instantly banned from the forums.

follow the rules.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Founder of ZFGC
Send a message via ICQ to TheRealMethuselah Send a message via AIM to TheRealMethuselah Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealMethuselah
View Posts: 423

This IMPOSTER is not me... Please delete his account... for proof email me at dbarras@gmail.com with a question and I'll answer it... the imposter is trying to make me look bad with his past post too!

Ocarina of Time News + NEW PROJECT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBarras
I forgot the login information for my older accounts.
The idiot said this in the other post... if he was me he would just get the password resent to him! MORON!

Microsoft C#.net OOT2D Demo: ||||||||||||||||||| 95%
ZeldaMaker OOT2D Demo: |||||||||||||||||| 90%

|| 4fit || BB11 || Beyond Fear || DragonDeath || Game677 || Gate-Hacker || Legend-Lover || Ljnk || Mikuki || OldManHal || Rikik || Shalashaska || SPYDA || SuperDecimal || The Skull Kid || zelda's love ||
Last Edited by TheRealMethuselah; 12-17-2005 at 06:19 PM. Reason:
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I LOVE SHANNON!
Send a message via AIM to justin3 Send a message via Yahoo to justin3
View Posts: 787

Um ok.... I know about the Oot 2D as in my sig, but what Imposter what the heck is going on?

Awsome Sig done by BB_11
www.myspace.com/zeldadude108
You know I missed you guys so I came back.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Offically Resigned Member
View Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMethuselah
This IMPOSTER is not me... Please delete his account... for proof email me at dbarras@gmail.com with a question and I'll answer it... the imposter is trying to make me look bad with his past post too!

Ocarina of Time News + NEW PROJECT!

The idiot said this in the other post... if he was me he would just get the password resent to him! MORON!

gasp! an imposter! I NEVER BELIEVED HIM! I SWEAR

just kidding. good to see you back TheRealMethuselah. i have a few questions. why is this imposter trying to make you look bad. and on a side note, hows the game goin?

welcome back?

edit: i read over the earlier supplied thread by TRM and it seems that the imposter created other fake names so he could...start a flame was with himself? the people responded so fast and it was just too staged and messed up. wtf mate
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Founder of ZFGC
Send a message via ICQ to TheRealMethuselah Send a message via AIM to TheRealMethuselah Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealMethuselah

I am Daniel Barras, the guy who's going around other sites and posting so he can Defimate my character is NOT me... Admins/Mods... you can check his IP to confirm it.

Quote:
Hi, I am the creator of Ocarina of Time 2D. Sadly, that game was never intended to be finished, and was only used to get some money through donations. But this time, I have a real project for everybody.
What an idiot... the donations (if you knew back then) were for the FORUM to stay up... the original ZFGC which I spent $500 of my own money on, other users can confirm this.

|| 4fit || BB11 || Beyond Fear || DragonDeath || Game677 || Gate-Hacker || Legend-Lover || Ljnk || Mikuki || OldManHal || Rikik || Shalashaska || SPYDA || SuperDecimal || The Skull Kid || zelda's love ||
Last Edited by TheRealMethuselah; 12-17-2005 at 06:41 PM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 8

(Sry bout earlier mods lol)
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Founder of ZFGC
Arrow

Yes, very much so... OOT2D as well as ZeldaMaker (a program I am making to create your own LTTP style adventure) and my new project Plains of Chaos are in development. Since I am in the Army I don't have as much time to work on them, but I assure you they will be completed.

Why does Malad only have 0 posts? He's made a few already in the last topic and this one?

DBarras (1 post)?
Joshua Meadow (0 post)?
Malad (0 post)?
bloodybutt (0 post)?

Those don't make sense as they posted multiple times in the last topic... somethings fishy here!

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Offically Resigned Member
View Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMethuselah
Yes, very much so... OOT2D as well as ZeldaMaker (a program I am making to create your own LTTP style adventure) and my new project Plains of Chaos are in development. Since I am in the Army I don't have as much time to work on them, but I assure you they will be completed.

Why does Malad only have 0 posts? He's made a few already in the last topic and this one?

DBarras (1 post)?
Joshua Meadow (0 post)?
Malad (0 post)?
bloodybutt (0 post)?

Those don't make sense as they posted multiple times in the last topic... somethings fishy here!

agreed. i smell conspiracy. (PMs mod to look into situation)

edit: another addition to the conspiracy. all the afformentioned imposters and impostresses' accounts were started all on the same day, yesterday
Last Edited by ralphedsteak; 12-17-2005 at 06:48 PM. Reason:
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 8

Yeah it is kinda weird. I saw it a while ago, but decided to ignore it.

Edit: and yeah, I started my account yesterday because I saw that DBarras had posted.
Last Edited by Malad; 12-17-2005 at 06:54 PM. Reason:
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,468

i do believe in the advertising section, post count is not counted.

and i'm gonna check this out. in the meantime, this thread is closed too.
Closed Thread

Tags
news, oot2d, project