Hello everyone, Me and my friends are currently working on a fan made Zelda game; We're basing it on Dark link and are thinking of making the story line as so: "Dark link has captured princess Zelda and taken her to his castle and link has to rescue her." that's the basic roughdraft of what we want to do but we are taking in ideas so please if you have any suggestions comment on this post on what you think or send me a private message, thank you.
2. Don't make items become obsolete as you progress through the game - such as the slingshot being made redundant by the bow, or it becoming too weak later on in the game to be of any use (perhaps allow for upgrades)
3. No items whose (almost) sole purpose is to allow you to complete a single task/temple/dungeon etc. - such as the dominion rod in TP or the flute (or whatever it was) in AoL- all items should be useful from the moment you get them to the end of the game.
4. No items that simply take the place of another - such as the longshot in OoT - that should be an upgrade not a new item.
5. Final battle should incorporate the use of all your items - if possible in less conventional ways.
6. Sword can shoot 'energy' when full health, like old school zelda (not like SS)
7. Completely open map (eg. not SS)
8. More than 1 way to solve puzzles etc.
Possible unconventional ideas:
1. Can obtain (a) follower(s)/companion(s) that travel(s) with you and fight(s) alongside you.
2. Each dungeon could contain 2 items, one relatively easy to obtain item that is required to progress in the game and another more difficult to obtain item that is useful or allows access to otherwise unreachable locations etc.
3. Alternate ending/storyline depending on your actions.
Thanks! I'll take into conciderationall of your ideas "MissingLink" I really like the idea of upgrades, I'll try to keep that original Zelda fell to the game but also not just make a exact replica of any of the Zelda games with just a diffrent story -line.