Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Evil will always triumph... because good is dumb.
View Posts: 1,295
Colt Website 4 School

Hey guys, I'm not entirely sure where to put this buuuut anyhow.
Okay, well, three friends of mine and myself were given a project in our 8th grade history class. We had to choose an Industrial Age inventor and their invention and describe three evolutions of their invention and how one was superior to another and whatnot. However, we had to make a website So my friends and I chose Samuel Colt and his Colt Navy revolver from a list that was given to us. I would like to here your opinions on the site. Thanks

The Revolver - Samuel Colt - Home

The webpage is called "Like a sir"...
Last Edited by Wheatley; 04-03-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Send a message via Skype™ to Tabby
Steam ID: pzkpfw_iv
View Posts: 6,451
Re: Colt Website 4 School

Quote:
Some people maybe confused between the differences of a sub-machine gun and a machine pistol, the term, sub-machine gun, generally refers to a firearm with a large rifle-like body. Where machine pistols are guns built made automatic using the design of a semi-automatic.
That kinda needs cleaning up. It doesn't really make much sense if you say it aloud.

And the difference between a machine pistol and an SMG is very blurred. For example, the Germans call all SMGs machine pistols. Other countries call them Machine Carbines.
Though it would be fair to say (in English) that a machine pistol is one you can fire with one hand with a relative degree of effectiveness. You need both hands to hold an SMG in order to hit anything.

Quote:
Some of the first fully automatic machine pistols were invented by the German arms manufacturer, Mauser, during 1896, with the creation of the Mauser C96. This gun also had an attachable stock which could also be used as a holster. The Mauser did not have a magazine in the the grip of the gun but instead had a boxlike internal magazine.
Not really true. The C96 was a semi automatic pistol that could be converted to fully automatic using a special device.

Other than that, it's pretty good.