View Single Post
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 06:58 PM
That was pretty cool, huh?
Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainTMS
View Posts: 2,545
Re: Sony's Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

I'm gonna try to add a bit of positivity to this thread...

I doubt many people at ZU are familiar with the fighting game community, but according to this article, two fairly well-known fighting game players, Ed Ma and Maj, are going to working on the combat in All Stars. I think its exciting that Sony would hire some people who are really familiar with fighting games and the community that surrounds them. I'm hoping their involvement in the project will help the dev team come closer to creating their "accessible yet deep" experience their striving for.

I wish Nintendo would do something like this, but instead Sakurai gives the middle finger to anyone who wants to make his game a fairly deep, challenging and competitive experience. Seriously, check this out: Super Smash Bros. Brawl: a beloved mess of contemptuous game design | Bitmob.com. Some of his design choices are absolutely atrocious and benefit no one (tripping, for example, which only is there to punish the player for playing the game). Lets hope Sony doesn't make these mistakes as well.
3 people liked this post: Coconut Water, Eikelmann, Khaoabunga