View Single Post
) [ ]
03-10-2012, 02:03 AM
The Red Hood
Join Date: Mar 2004
Princess Elzira or Princess Silverleaf
Princess of Kelu/the Sylvans/the Wood Elves
Date of Birth:
October 1st, 2009 AD
Hazel (green-blue) (
5’ 11” (180 cm)
145 lbs (65.8 kg)
Elzira, being a Sylvan, has a natural grace in her movements. It exudes the nature of her being, which is different than that of the normal elves and humans from the world in which she hails. Sylvans age about at the same rate as humans until they reach the full peak of their development (about 20-25 years of age), and then it appears as if they stop aging. Though in truth, they simply slow extremely in their aging process at that point. Thus, their life spans can be enormously long. No one knows how long a Sylvan can live for exactly before they “die of old age.” Thus, it is assumed that they live forever. They seem almost closer to fae or other more mystical creatures which is what gives Elzira her otherworldly grace and presence. She has an aura of timelessness about her.
- Elzira has an angular but heart-shape face, showing her elvish blood, along with pointed ears, the lobes of which are clearly attached. Her skin tone is a rich olive; it being obviously tan but like a dark beige. It is more than obviously a natural skin color than anything that came from spending a lot of time in the sun. Such is the natural tone for a Sylvan. Her face and complexion is completely smooth and blemish-free. In fact, coming with an otherworldly grace comes an unearthly beauty for wood elves. Her features give her a mature and elegant look, even if it weren’t for the old soul that stares out from her eyes.
She has deep green and blue eyes, blue from the pupil and green from the iris’s edge; the colors bled into each other between them. Her eyes are fairly small in size and almond-shaped. Her intelligence and her tranquility are obviously apparent in her gaze. Her hair is a glinting raven black, gleaming just as much as the feathers of those birds, a testament to its softness. It is perfectly straight and long, reaching to the small of her back when she lets her hair down. It is her people’s tradition to keep it long unless exiled, never to return to Kelu Forest again. Elzira, though it has been a couple years since she has been home, was not exiled. Though most of the time, she puts it back in a bun on her head. Unless she is attending some kind of celebration, festival, important dining party, or simply relaxing in the tranquility of her home, Elzira is not seen with her hair down. She keeps her hair back so that it does not get in her way, especially in the case of combat. However, it is not an extremely tight bun,
much like this
. She lets some of the front strands of her bangs fall out of it, reaching past her chin and to shoulder length.
- Her body is slender but toned with muscles. Though Elzira often looks like the princess that she is, she is also a warrior. She even has a few scars scattered over it here and there, but it is little enough not to be of much notice. It shows that though she is a warrior, she has not seen the front lines or received the brunt of it. At least not very often. Her skin is still smooth and generally flawless otherwise. She is tall and most of her body’s weight is due to muscle mass, which is heavier than fat. Her breasts are neither large nor are they particularly small. They fit her proportions alluringly as is expected for the unearthly beauty of a Sylvan. Her curves are elegant. Her hands are not soft but lined with tough calluses, partly due to the fact that she is an archer. The muscles in her arms and shoulders are specially strong and toned due to this.
- It depends on where one finds Elzira. When she travels she typically wears dark, forest green tunic with long sleeves that hugs her figure. Underneath she wears a black undershirt, seen only by the open V of her tunic that extend down past her collar bone. The collar of the tunic folded to the sides. Over this she wears a brown vest, tightened by threading down the middle and a black leather belt around her waist. She wears black leggings and brown leather boots nearly reach her knees. She wears fine brown leather gloves on her hands especially, most because she is an archer and more expecting to use her bow when traveling. They partially cover the fingers, only down to the first knuckle on each digit. Her knife is often strapped to her belt, a quiver of arrows strapped to her back, her bow often attached horizontally to the back of her belt.
However, Elzira has been staying with the Gerudos in the desert since she first came to Hyrule. When found there, she is not often seen in her travel grab. It is a little too stifling for the desert heat. Elzira is very comfortable in the lighter and more revealing outfits that the Gerudo wear. She’ll wear any basic Gerudo grab of light silks and thin cottons. Though usually she prefers cool colors than the hot reds and orange that is most popular among the Gerudo. Elzira prefers colors like dark green, blues, and purple. She often wears a white top that merely covers and supports her breasts. Over this she wears a light a loose, sleeveless vest that breezes over her figure. It is the color of her choice that day for the vest and the bottom pants or skirt. She may wear the loose leggings, often baggy around her ankles or generally puffing out more. Or Elzira may wear a free-flowing skirt made from wrapping the cloth around her pelvis and hanging on her waist, tied and sometimes accompanied by a white sash to help hold it there. It often goes down to her knees. Or she may merely wear a two-piece skirt that reaches down to her calves. One pieces cover her front and the other covers the back, attached by a white band of cloth that hangs on her waist.
She is often seen barefoot or wearing sandals with a flat sole and black leather straps that wrap around her feet and calves. On her hands, she still often wears a white sort of glove. It is common among the Gerudo, particularly the warriors. It is made of cloth, though it is thicker than the rest of their clothing. This is because most Gerudo soldiers are actually rather fine archers themselves. The gloves are completely fingerless, though the thumb is often partially covered. The gloves reach pass the wrist and up to the elbow. These are secured by threads that weave down the slit in the glove. When tightened together, pulls the flaps of the glove closed. The threads are seen on the part that covers the top of the forearm. Elzira wears a white pair of these gloves while at the Gerudo’s Fortress.
- The bow is of average size and weight, it fits Elzira’s height and build perfectly. Craved from pale beige wood, the flowing almost leaf-like designs are raised from the rest and seemed to be layer with pale white ivory. Other than the pattern along the bow shaft, it is fairly simple in design. Elzira often carries with it, a simple leather quiver full of typical arrows.
- The knife’s blade is longer than usual at about 15 inches (38 cm) in length, making it nearly a short sword. It curves only very slightly at the end, where it curves up. The blade is one-sided only, the sharp part being on the curving side of the steel. The handle is about 8 inches long (20 cm) and without a distinct pommel or guard. The design is a bit rough on the hands, almost more artistic than functional. At the center of the grip are spiraling metal ridges. All together, the weapon is about just on inch under two feet (58 cm). All of it is made with a colorless and highly polished steel.
It was crafted by earth dragons, making it something that is called dragon steel. Thus, it is unaffected by normal fire and heat, only the fire similar to the dragons of Sekin can be used to bend and shape it. Since Elzira has owned the blade, it has never needed to be sharpened. It is capable of cutting swords of a lesser material like chopping wood or slicing butter. (Moh's hardness of 10.5. Average weapon steel is 5.5)
Skilled in knife/swordplay, archery, and as well as hunting and tracking animals as well as people. Skilled in survival in the wild, but more so in forests than any other type of climate.
Elzira can also hear the voices of trees, plants, and animals due to being a wood elf.
Competent in sword and knife play, enough to defend herself well against the average warrior. She is athletic and fairly strong for her race and sex.
Elzira is an extremely skilled archer. Thus, her natural strength is at long distance rather than short range combat. Combined with her very keen elven senses, she can shoot most targets dead center at about 150 yards away while on moving horse.
Elzira spent most of her childhood learning to track people and animals under the mentorship of her family’s royal weapons master. She can track most people and animals even through difficult weather and environmental conditions.
Being Sylvan gives her a natural grace and perfection in her movements that gives her a natural edge against other more normal races like humans. She also seems to be able to learn faster than most humans as well.
Her hearing is very advanced compared to normal beings, such as humans. She can focus on certain sounds, pick up strange and usually unnoticeable noises, and then fade out of focus as to not damage her ears should there be a sudden din. This makes it nearly impossible for others to sneak up on her. Elzira’s eye sight is also perfect, perhaps better, than any average human’s. Thus, her aim is wonderful and darkness not as difficult to see through, though it is still hindering in ways.
Her good hearing can aid her in dark settings, and she was taught to hunt at the night on a new moon by the wood elves. She has had an additional year or so of training by the Sheikah of Hyrule to fight in the dark. Due to this, Elzira has the ability to shoot nearby targets in the pitch dark. Her more reliable accuracy range is within a 50 yard radius.
Elzira is intuitive about auras and magic. She can almost feel it and has a natural instinct in detecting it, but nothing more than this. It seems to come with her ability to hear the voices of plants and animals and nature in general. This makes her also naturally empathic to the thoughts and feelings of others.
Elzira’s weaknesses lie within her short range combat skills. Though she is competent for her age, experience, and natural elven grace, she is still not as skilled in this area as she is with her archery skills.
As for tracking, it will be more difficult for her to track animals and creatures that she is not as familiar with. She can still detect tracks of such unknown creatures, but she will not always be able to determine their path if she does not know their patterns and habits. She can make more educated guesses but not much more than this.
Though her sharp hearing is a strength, it is also a weakness. If a very loud noise were to occur while Elzira is listening so intently, honing her ears, it will hurt her sensitive ears, causing her to become disarmed and stunned for a rather long time. It could even damage her ears permanently.
For being an elf, Elzira oddly has no magical capabilities. Not that this is extremely odd for her race, but it simply more common for them to have magical abilities and powers. She has some basic knowledge of magic due to being raised in a culture that has so many magical individuals, but no practical and direct knowledge of it personally.
Elzira is a calm and rather mature individual. Perhaps it is more due to her culture and up bringing that she is so mature for her age, especially when compared to humans of the same age. Despite her natural tranquility and maturity, Elzira is not without a sense of humor or playfulness. In fact, she often has quite a mischievous glimmer in her eyes that are full of amusement during playful banter and jokes. Though she is never particularly loud in this, she is not really too serious or stiff. Elzira has a natural elegance in her mannerisms that come with grace of her race as well as being royalty.
She a wisdom about life and the world that comes from her more isolated culture that views things in a more naturalistic way. Elzira has a deep respect for nature and animals. It is a very spiritual thing for her. She has and still does kill and eat animals for food, but for Elzira it must be done with respect and specific intent for the animal that is being killed. None of it is to be wasted, thus animals are only to be killed when necessary. The same is fairly true for plants, bugs, etc. She approaches the world with respect for all things within it. Even in the wars Elzira has been in, she has killed with a certain kind of respect for her enemies. Again, she only killed when absolutely necessary.
She is not without pains and wounds of her past. She had a lover who went insane, whom she left back home in Kelu forest and has not seen since. Still, she has lived an easier life than others, and she is fully aware of it. She has watched many of her friends and loved ones live a difficult path in life. She has a lot of compassion for those who suffer in the world.
Elzira grew up in Kelu Forest, home of the wood elves, the Sylvans. This place is located in the world of Sekin, from which she hails. She is the first and only child of the royal family of the Sylvan elves. Due to their long life spans, their fertility cycles are few and far in between. They are not a very expansive people. They prefer to keep to themselves in the forests. However, they will participate when the problem is dire in the rest of the land of Ranelu, such as the Division War hundreds of years ago. Elzira grew up in times of peace for her people. However, it was still customary to be trained in the ways of the sword and archery, but more as a kind of meditation than for war and combat, though they certainly could be used in those ways. Archery was important for hunting.
It was when she was ten years old that she met Kira and Tarrowco Greenthorne, half elves of her kind that were the same age. They became instant friends. A friendship that eventually lead her to live for a time among the drow, in the land of Delusuu as Kira and Tarrowco would go exploring and adventuring. There they met and befriended Rontu Nyzento. Elzira fought in a new war that the Drow Empire started against the land of Ranelu. Elzira and her companions fought on the side of Ranelu, which won the war. During this, they met and befriended Link. Tarrowco died in the war, leaving Kira devastated. Link disappeared, leaving through a gap between dimensions, which turned out to be how he got to Sekin in the first place. Elzira, Kira, and Rontu tracked him back to Hyrule, passing through the gap as well.
They found the Drow Empire had conquered Hyrule seven years ago, after Link had left it as a child. They worked together, joining with the Desert Rebellion, a combination of Gerudos, Hylians, Gorons, and Zoras, to fight back against the drow yet again. It was there that she met Blaze Dragmire, crown prince, to be come the king of the Gerudo. They were victorious in the end, driving the drow from Hyrule. Elzira stayed in Hyrule, mostly with Blaze in the Gerudo’s Fortress, helping him after he took up the crown.
View Public Profile
Visit Shrub's homepage!
Find all posts by Shrub