View Single Post
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Rogue 9
Send a message via AIM to Linkx7
View Posts: 159
Re: Abortion: Good or Bad?

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."—Psalm 127:3-5.

Considering how a lot of people don't respond well to this source, i'm not sure if this will help, but here is a passage regarding children to be a reward. Who could not want an award? Of course this has nothing to do with incompatibility to raise the child.

"Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto Me, I will surely hear their cry. And My wrath shall wax hot."—Ex 22:22. (Deut 10:18; 14:29.)

And here's one for rape cases.

"And Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in My name receiveth Me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."—Matthew 18:2-5. (Mark 10:5.)

It says to not even offend a child, let alone kill one.