#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2008, 05:11 PM
waffle waffle
Send a message via AIM to Aeffles Send a message via Skype™ to Aeffles

View Posts: 16,932
Re: If you had a kid how yould you raise it or Meditations on my future child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Um, excuse me? Doesn't every parent believe that one of their priorities as a parent should be to impart the same wisdom and teach them to be proper and virtuous adults? I am fighting a losing battle against the very notion that worth is determined by what car one drives, or how big one's house is.
You're obviously stuck in the thought that everyone is superficial. You have no idea about anything.
And you don't think of children, you think of experiments. You don't raise children like that. You need to give them a life and a chance to experience things on their own. Not just raised on whatever you think is right.

You make me sick.

Quote:
Nobody cares about the content of an individual's character these days, but my child will learn that it is an important and distinguishing factor.
You're wrong. You have no idea what anyone else cares about.

Quote:
As much as I would love to say yes, I'm going to have to go with a no. I have to start from nothing in order to properly build something, I think. There are far too many things barring us older people from becoming the best that we can.
What's barring you from being anything more than what you are now, which is a complete fool.

Quote:
For example, I was born into conditions not of my choosing, and most certainly not favorable towards intellectual pursuits. This child will be born in controlled environments, and in conditions I think are the best, which is a decisive factor in developing one's abilities.
No, they'll be born into the same nonsense you were born into. Conditions of not their choosing and things they will probably hate and things that will hurt and hinder them.

Quote:
Of course. I, of all people, should know and understand that, but I see life as a constant process and fulfillment of various short-term and long-term goals...I'm never going to be perfect, but I hope to at least surpass the bar by the time I introduce a new generation into the world.
Why you of all people? You think you're something special?

Quote:
I don't think he will because he spent no time in criticizing me, when he probably knows that my methods are in fact superior to his own, whatever they may be.
So what does that have to do with how I'll raise children?

Julesface <3