Last week, GameTrailers‘s Editor in Chief, Shane Satterfield, had this to say about the Wii U launch lineup:

One thing that I can say without getting in any trouble is that the launch line-up for the Wii U is going to surprise people. It’s going to be pretty damn good.

Could this mean a new Zelda game? Hit the jump to see the video and decide for yourself!

The GameTrailers video is located here. Comments about the Wii U start at 12 minutes into the video. Though Satterfield cannot say anything about what’s actually in the lineup, he does seem pretty excited.

What do you think? Could he possibly be insinuating a new Zelda game is being developed for the new Nintendo console? Tell us in the comments below!

Source: GameTrailers (via GoNintendo)

23 thoughts on “GameTrailers’ Editor in Chief on the Wii U

1. DarkMajora says:

Nintendo has a lot of great games so it's hard to say. One rumor I've heard that I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for is Eternal Darkness 2. That would be awesome.

2. Callin says:

"Could this mean a new Zelda game?"

As a launch title?? Considering how long Skyward Sword took to make, and that Wii U is supposed to launch this year, I'd say no.

1. Prada says:

Maybe they're remaking MM for the Wii U?! omg

3. !CJ! says:

well I watched half an hour in, and found nothing that seemed to reasonably suggest a Zelda game. big games, obviously, that's exactly what they were saying. Nintendo game? probably a few I'd think. Zelda game specifically? now what lead you to that assumption?

logical reasons why there probably will NOT be a Zelda game. (yes, I'mma bout to get alteast 51000 and a half thumbs down just for thinking it won't be..I know.)

Skyward Sword JUST came out a few months ago. it's hardly been half a year, they have a new Zelda ALREADY? I think not. not a good one atleast. doesn't anybody think that one reason Skyward Sword didn't seem quite as good as past Zeldas was because it was a bit rushed? and not as much time was given for them to develop it? (that and a new developing team of corse.)

so for a new one to be out half a year after the last, doesn't sound like a good idea to me. now the idea of a new Zelda Every week, my heart nearly popped just now at the thought of it. but would they be any good? most likely not.

logically I don't think there is a new Zelda right now.

1. somecrazyguy says:

um… dude. skyward sword was NOT rushed. it was in development for five years… get the facts right.

2. somecrazyguy says:

and also… the whole " it wasnt as good as past zeldas" is a matter of opinion, not fact. i felt it was just as good if not better then alot of the zelda games.

3. ZeldaChick says:

Nintendo has been developing Skyward Sword for the past 5 years! I would say that Zelda team dedicated a huge amount of time on this game… If Skyward Sword is a good game or not, I personally just loved it! But just how this guy below said: is a matter of opinion.
      I'm not convinced that they would launch a Zelda game this year already, especially when the last one came out just a few months ago… so I don't know, but I think that we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully another awesome Zelda game will be launched for another awesome platform! I'll eagerly await!

4. I doubt there will be a new Zelda title so soon. Skyward Sword only just came out!

1. Well to be fair, Nintendo released Zelda games in '05, '06', and '07 consecutively.
      Minish Cap, TP and PH.

1. Callin says:

But only one was a console game, and Minish Cap was developed by Capcom, not Nintendo.

5. PeacefullyCrazy says:

No, I don't think so. They just released Skyward Sword, and that took seven years to do.

1. somecrazyguy says:

five years.

6. Keimori says:

Yeah I doubt we’ll see a Zelda at launch of the Wii U this close to Skyward Sword, I do however hope to see a release a little earlier in the Wii U's lifespan than Skyward Sword was in the Wii's lifespan.

1. zelda fan says:

you forget about twighlight princes.

1. somecrazyguy says:

twilight princess is actually a gamecube game, ported to the wii.

2. Keimori says:

Yes Twilight Princess was a Wii launch title and a damn fine one at that, but that was because at the time it had been in development for several years already and Wind Waker had already been out for a few years by then.
        But Skyward Sword is still less than a year old (and no, I don't count the fact that it technically released in 2011 as a year.) and with the Wii U still set for release this year, having a new Zelda at its release would be HIGHLY unlikely.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they surprise us with a Zelda Wii U at E3, but I doubt we'll see anything at launch.

7. ZeldaPlaya says:

obviously there isn't going to be a whole Zelda game at launch. But all we can do is wait for E3 2012

8. Jeremy says:

400$ for wii u and Zelda's collectors edition, including the DS
    ones. U heard it here first folks aha

9. ijuin says:

I doubt we'll see a console Zelda title before Christmas 2013 at the earliest, but I would not be at all surprised if a Super Mario title was part of the launch lineup.

10. Thomas G. says:

Nintendo better hope The Wii U is a success they need it these days. 2 years ago Nintendo stock was at $43 a share right now it is $17.18. They are not approaching RIM bad but are not far off. Look for Nintendo to start publishing older titles for smart phones and tablets to keep their head above water.

1. zelda fan says:

that may be true but i think Wii U has great potential and if nintindo plays their cards right this could be the thing that puts back in the game.

11. MysteryNerd says:

Besides maybe a handheld title, or spinoff/remake, there's no way we're going to see a full-fledged Zelda game for the WiiU's launch. Considering there's about an average of 3-5 years development time for each console Zelda, I don't see why you'd even begin to speculate.

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I really hope the next Zelda isn't in the same style as Skyward Sword. The presentation for that game was alright, but I much preferred the style of WindWaker and Twilight Princess.

1. Sage of Hyrule says:

Ironically, Skyward Sword's style was a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess…

But yeah, I don't know why they're speculating either. Something to talk about, I suppose.