Hyrule Historia

[Written by Mallory]

Ever since Hyrule Historia has been released in Japan, fans have been clamoring for the localization of the book which has become more or less the Bible in concerns for the Legend of Zelda series.

However, a letter from Nintendo of America has recently revealed that they are unsure if Hyrule Historia will be printed this side of Pacific.

Patti Bowman, the Consumer Service Advisor of Nintendo of America, writes:

“We are aware of Hyrule Historia, a publication in Japan that reportedly contains a timeline for the games in the series. At this time, we have no information about this book or what it may contain, nor have we made any announcements regarding its release in the Americas.

You can read the rest of the letter here, but it doesn’t really give any hints in regards to what future plans be for Hyrule Historia.

If Hyrule Historia were to be released in the United States, would you buy it? Why or why not? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

Source: GoNintendo

Related Topics

26 thoughts on “Uncertainty over Hyrule Historia localization

1. Timothy88 says:

I want this book greatly for all the amazing history I want to read about the Zelda series!!! Please Nintendo do everything to localize this amazing book!

2. RPH1 says:

Heck yeah, I'd buy this if it was in English! I have thought about getting it in Japanese even though I couldn't read the it.

3. HyruleHistoria says:

I'd buy 10 of those books one for me and 9 to give out to lucky people, nintendo u will earn a LOAD of money if u translate Hyrule Historia into english, AND u will make A LOT of people happy:)

4. alilinsane says:

i already bought it but it would be really nice to have in english seeing as how i, or anyone i know, cant read japanese…

5. Eximius says:

I HAVE IT!!!! :))

It would be nice to know what it reads though. I know there are translations already out, but the info is much better as the pages get flipped. Maybe, if some one does a PDF of the whole book edited to English.

6. chris says:

i just cant believe you havnt done it yet you would make so many people happy and make a shit load of moneys plzzzzzzzz do it btw it says america release so i guess i wont get one here in the uk some one plz answer ?

7. Sanity's_Theif says:

Guaranteed I would buy it

8. Kyoraki says:

Oh NOA, how can you be so out of touch? Do we need a online petition to make you do anything anymore?

9. Angel says:

I would definitally buy it. I have a few pages people have translated but i’m dying for the real thing. Even if i have to sink $100 into it, i’d buy it!!! Please make this avaliable for Canada!!!

10. ManOfRedHelms says:

I'd spend a good $30 on this.

11. ZeldaPlaya says:

I'd probably buy it. NOA never said they wouldn't bring it, just that there are no announcements at this time. I'm still willing to believe it will come.

12. Anon says:

Hey. I preordered Skyward Sword on nothing but concept art. You dont even want to know what I'd do for this book in English.

13. LegendofMerah says:

If this book was localized, I would buy it without a doubt. I wouldn't even care how much it cost, I would save up for it. Please make it happen, NOA!

14. xWeeDz says:

They should also print it in French !

15. ZoraMikau says:

I would kill to get my hands on an English version Of that book. Who wouldn’t?

16. bAdLucKs says:

ABSOLUTELY YES! i would buy that shit ! ! !

17. bAdLucKs says:

sheet :)

18. Skybird says:

I'd buy it (if it wasn't too expensive).

And Nintendo would make a killing if they translated it into English. The English-speaking Zelda-loving community certainly wants this book.

19. Melora says:

Viz is owned by Shogakukan, the company that published this book. I wouldn't doubt that they could be the ones to bring it over. This is their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/OfficialVIZMedia and people can join this page to show them how much it's wanted: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NoA-Please-bring-us

1. Melora says:

Urgh, incomplete link, here's the right one: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NoA-Please-bring-us

20. Shawn says:

I would buy it because I'm a serious Zelda fan

21. JR- says:

I'd Buy several. At least 2 for me, one to read and love and one to keep pristine. I have game systems only for 3 game series. Zelda, Halo and Portal.

22. pololmejor says:

I thought it was a Club Nintendo reward………………..

23. Rythos says:

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE and BUY THE HECK out of this book if it got a US release!!!

24. shiftri says:

I would worship that book like the bible!

25. Italia says:

I saw one at Kinokuynia in Sydney just last week! I wanted to get it but it was in Japanese… I do hope they release it in english too!!