Seems that everybody is getting themselves awesome Zelda gear before Christmas…everybody except for Americans that is. The other day we reported about the Zelda 3DS Bundle in Europe. And today we would like to share some information about a cool item Japanese fans are getting.

This December, Nintendo will be releasing several decks of Legend of Zelda themed playing cards, in Japan. These cards feature artwork from several major Zelda titles including but not limited to, The Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword.

The cards will sell for 1,050 Yen in Japan but I wonder about the possibility of importing these sweet cards. Club Nintendo idea anyone?

Source: Legend Zelda

25 thoughts on “Japan Gets Zelda Themed Playing Cards

1. Thareous says:

Tingle would be the Joker card.

2. cloverplayer says:

What does nintendo have against america anyway?

1. MrDudeyRock says:

I personally don't think that they have anything against America, or Canada (where I am from.) I just think that they don't ship us the unique cards and all because it won't blow up in the market causing only the real hardcore games like us to buy it. I certainly wouldn't like it if I sent a hundred thousand packs of Zelda Playing Cards to America, and only 5 thousand were sold. That is a loss for me, therefore no profit. But in Japan, if they don't manage to sell all copies, they still have easy accessibility to them, and can retrieve them back, unlike America which is half way across the world.

1. sikora360 says:

good point ^

but i live Australia, closer to japan and i have only seen 1 or 2 things zelda related in stores (lunch box and the games… and the guides and stuff). Correct me if i'm wrong, but they did not sell the hylian shield themed mints here. :{O

2. @sophieinc says:

I've been to Japan, there's a LOT of official/licensed Nintendo merchandise in stores that doesn't go to the US, Australia, etc. There's Mario playing cards, Pokemon playing cards, plushies, figurines, etc. It's just more of a Japanese thing, there wouldn't be as much of a market for it here. Not saying people here wouldn't buy those items, but not to the extent of Japanese consumers. Pretty much all of these items can be found on eBay, etc anyway.

3. sikora360 says:

[quote] Also, the Hylian Shield mints are sold at Minotaur on Swanston St in Melbourne. =) [quote]

WHAAA??? I think ill be going there next Saturday :D

4. @sophieinc says:

Also, not a lot of licensed Zelda merchandise is produced any more, so that's part of the reason. The only 'current' items are the Spirit Track gashapon figures, First 4 Figures statues and Phantom Hourglass Link plushies. (plus, now these trading cards).
        As for guides… sales have probably gone down due to internet walkthroughs/YouTube. That and we have shit game stores here in Australia.

3. Shayd says:

happy mask guy would be the joker

4. Shayd says:

n why would they show the A, Q,K, and 5 n 9?… i wanna see the jack n joker dammit lol

5. TrustMe101 says:

Noooo!! Why does everyone else get the cool stuff?! D:

6. Keimori says:

I want these so much!
    I hope they relese them here in some way, I want to play cards with the Link of clubs, the Ganondorf of dimonds and the Zelda of hearts!

7. Blizzeta93 says:

I made a set like this, but never managed to actually print them out. Link was the Ace so he could always defeat the king (ganondorf/evil) I used the four 3D console games for my set.

8. Blizzeta93 says:

its also cool that they are kind of going back to their roots.

9. QueenxLInk says:

Yeah, they should put these on Club Nintendo for us… >.>

10. Lizzy says:

Even though Im very Jelly that I dont get to have these since I live in America, us Americans have to stop complaining! We get our systems and games for alot less than other countries, and I you really love Zelda just THAT much, Im sure these will be available on Ebay.

11. MrDudeyRock says:

It'd be epic if the Hylian Shield was the Ace of Spades.

12. Zachattack8888 says:

These are beautiful!! Do want!

13. Merq says:

Want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want.

14. Link02 says:

Lacks Harkinian.

1. Draik41895 says:

they'll probably have Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule in there somewhere

15. Ganon979 says:

These NEED to come to the North America. COME ON NINTENDO :D!

16. austin says:

club nintendo i think yes

17. Ok, I appreciate but they look fan made card, 10 aged fan…

18. UltimaHedgie says:

I'd buy them. If I can find them on Ebay I probably will.