News has been circulating the Internet about some leaked Zelda Wii information. The post containing this news apparently originated on 2chan, a popular Japanese site that has leaked correct information in the past on popular games such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 4 and 5, and the Kingdom Hearts series.
So if this newest batch of information is also true, what can we look forward to? I have edited the list slightly to eliminate previously confirmed points such as the changed dungeon-field-dungeon formula.
Now have a look after the jump.
- You can select whether you’re right or left-handed, and Link will have the same handedness as you
- The basic mechanics and gameplay elements are done, and they’re currently working on the story, dungeons and developing characters. Among them are an innkeeper in the town where Link lives and her young son, who looks up to him
- The girl on the Zelda Wii picture is not the master sword, and as of now there are no plans for Link to get the Master Sword in the game. Her name is Aderu, and she’s not your typical companion like Ezlo or Midna, in that she’s rarely there with you.
- Link’s main weapon is a sword with different unlockable abilities, which Aderu communicates with you through
- Horseback combat is back, with a more intelligent Epona that is better at avoiding obstacles
- The character models for Link, Epona, and the Gorons have all been modified and touched up, but they’re the only ones.
- This Link is the Hero of Time
- There will be time traveling.
- The game will take place not only in Hyrule (maybe not Hyrule at all).
Whether all or any of these are true… well, it’s up to you to form your own opinions. Of course, we already have a thread up on this, so go wild!